• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:33 PM

What you just said has nothing to do with what people are trying to tell you.

I see you've met Eva.

He typically likes to make up his own definitions of hockey terms and impose them on other people. I remember one argument where he tried to say something along the lines of "Zetterberg is a power forward". Haha... I mean... Yeah... So, it's best to just disregard most if not all of what he says.

#42 Nicholonio

Nicholonio

est. 1989, representin'.

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:38 PM

Got to love people like that. You know, people who know nothing about the sport of Hockey.

But thanks for the reminder, Titanium. ;-)

#43 8Hossa1

8Hossa1

Hoss is Boss

• 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:39 PM

I see you've met Eva.

He typically likes to make up his own definitions of hockey terms and impose them on other people. I remember one argument where he tried to say something along the lines of "Zetterberg is a power forward". Haha... I mean... Yeah... So, it's best to just disregard most if not all of what he says.

Yeah I was reading his comment like wait what?

lol

And haha Zetterberg a power foward, good god..

Yeah thanks I guess I will have to ignore what he says.

#44 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:33 PM

Yeah I was reading his comment like wait what?

lol

And haha Zetterberg a power foward, good god..

Yeah thanks I guess I will have to ignore what he says.

Don't ignore everything he says. Sometimes he presents some pretty compelling analysis and some interesting stats. You just have to unskew them a little. :)

#45 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,077 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:35 PM

Hudler makes me miss Jason Williams right about now.

:scared:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#46 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:39 PM

Hudler makes me miss Jason Williams right about now.

:scared:

I don't think it's gotten that bad...

#47 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:09 PM

I'm really worried that Modano is going to get benched, say it's not what he signed up for, and because he was already close to retiring call it quits mid-season.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#48 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:11 PM

If anyone is benched from the 3rd line it will be Hudler first and Cleary never. Mike will get the hint from Huddles sitting.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#49 Doggy

Doggy

Meanwhile...

• HoF Booster
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:28 PM

I'm really worried that Modano is going to get benched, say it's not what he signed up for, and because he was already close to retiring call it quits mid-season.

If that were to happen, that'd be a positive thing. Someone who gives up that easily is not required for a Stanley Cup run. Passion, commitment and sacrifice are required and a prima donna who quits that easy has none of that.
Rough as guts.

#50 KonstantAdvisor

KonstantAdvisor

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:31 PM

The giveaways and turnovers which lead to goals on the Wings are bad. Even Lidstrom looked only partially conscious for part of the game against Dallas but the third line has not scored the way they did in the pre-season. Anyone who watched the game against Dallas also remembers Modano skating a lot of shifts and obviously working very hard - he was one of the few who could keep the puck on Dallas' side of the ice (Modano did not score, but also was not a -3 that game). Some of the characterizations of Modano on here are simply dishonest and petty.

Rafalski is +5 over 2 games. These guys can and do score frequently, but people were saying the same negative things about Zetterberg and Datsyuk when the team was shutout against Atlanta, Calgary, St. Louis, Chicago and Columbus in November and December of last season. We're not getting shutout, people.

#51 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,785 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:45 PM

Whole line looks awful. And this was supposed to be the most "feared third line in the league"? Psh. Hudler is playing terrible, and Modano seems to be getting worse with each game.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#52 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:55 PM

The giveaways and turnovers which lead to goals on the Wings are bad. Even Lidstrom looked only partially conscious for part of the game against Dallas but the third line has not scored the way they did in the pre-season. Anyone who watched the game against Dallas also remembers Modano skating a lot of shifts and obviously working very hard - he was one of the few who could keep the puck on Dallas' side of the ice (Modano did not score, but also was not a -3 that game). Some of the characterizations of Modano on here are simply dishonest and petty.

Rafalski is +5 over 2 games. These guys can and do score frequently, but people were saying the same negative things about Zetterberg and Datsyuk when the team was shutout against Atlanta, Calgary, St. Louis, Chicago and Columbus in November and December of last season. We're not getting shutout, people.

The main problem with the third line is that it isn't getting any sustained pressure. They are getting decent chances every now and then but it is usually one and done with maybe a quick swipe at a rebound. That's a chemistry issue imo. It might never fix itself.

Edited by Broken 16, 27 October 2010 - 10:56 PM.

#53 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,300 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:11 PM

Who would you bench first for Abs? I think Huds should get more time to get up to speed with NHL hockey and Cleary has been working hard so I'd bench Modano.

As much as I've been unimpressed with Modano, I'd bench Hudler (who's also been unimpressive). With Abby and Cleary on a line busting their ass every shift, maybe Mike would get embarrassed into fighting for the puck.

#54 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,300 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:16 PM

Hudler is as much net presence as Cleary is.

A guy who goes to the net is not "net presence", a guy who sits there and gets whacked and screens the goalie is.

Cleary is, with regards to offense, almost exclusively a shooter. He can't pass for s***, and even if he could his offensive success comes mainly from his speed. Hudler is almost the anti-Cleary in that he's not a fast guy, but he's an excellent playmaker and passer, and his offensive success comes from his ability to take advantage of weak spots in the opposing team's defense, It's why Hudler can make a great first pass, and is great on the PP, but has much more difficulty if he is forced to carry the puck through the neutral zone.

Hudler is definitely the anti-Cleary, but probably not in the way you intended.

Even if everything you were saying was true, which it's not (Hudler is as much net presence as Cleary??) Babcock had Cleary out there with Z and Datsyuk for the final minutes of a tie game.

Wonder why Hudler wasn't out there?

#55 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:51 PM

Why isn't switching Hudler with Eaves much of an option? I'm sure that's come across Babs' mind.

#56 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:53 PM

and why isn't abby playing? i must be missing something here. i know the wings are going good right now but is benching miller in the press box where he belongs really going to affect chemistry that much?

I highly doubt modano gets benched with his kinda personality, he would probably get all butt hurt about it and cry to kenny. also doubt hudler or cleay gets sat. maybe a bit of line juggling is in order, however, do not break up that second line and keep the euro twins together.

Edited by redwingfan19, 27 October 2010 - 11:59 PM.

You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#57 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:18 AM

and why isn't abby playing? i must be missing something here. i know the wings are going good right now but is benching miller in the press box where he belongs really going to affect chemistry that much?

I highly doubt modano gets benched with his kinda personality, he would probably get all butt hurt about it and cry to kenny. also doubt hudler or cleay gets sat. maybe a bit of line juggling is in order, however, do not break up that second line and keep the euro twins together.

Abby is coming off a rib injury, those can linger a little bit, and if he's not 100% there's no point in putting him in the line-up, over Miller.

#58 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:09 AM

I do feel bad for Cleary though. A lot of people including himself thought he was going to have a breakout year and it hasn't started that way.

#59 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:45 AM

This line hasn't been "good" to say the least. Expectations are/were very high for this line. I guess things can't get a whole lot worse? Um and I can't wait till Abdelkader comes back into the line up. Abs for Hudler as of now for the third line imo.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 28 October 2010 - 10:46 AM.

#60 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,077 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:36 AM

When Draper returns, I expect the 3rd line to be fixed.

Remember, he scored 20 goals one year playing on the wing.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.