• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Mike Babcock puts third line on notice

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

I do wonder if they would ever bench or put modano on the 4th line.. i don't think modano is the type of guy who would accept that very much at this stage of his career :thumbdown:

He hoisted the cup in -99 so the hunger probably isn't there as much as drake, bertuzzi etc... so he probably demands minimum third line minutes + pp time :/

Edited by mindfly

THAT would be a tough question- hey future HOFer that we lured over here instead of retiring and promised to give decent playing time to and sold you on the 3rd line-We know it has only been a few games into the season but- have a seat!

Well I think it might be good for Mo to sit a couple games. Just to let him know that he isn't going to get a free pass here.

It's honestly too soon to sit anyone yet. They will need some more time to play together to work out the bugs... Modano's new, Hudler's been away and Cleary you can put anywhere. They need more time.

Edited by The Secret

First person I'd sit would be Hudler. Only because he has less of an excuse for sucking than Modano. Hudler knows the system way better. Plus, him and Cleary should be able to put something together, at least. Cleary has been the brightest spot on that line.

assuming they don't start looking any better in the next game or two, i still think flipping the bottom 6 a bit would be best. obviously its best to work abdelkader in asap, but its hard to sit anyone on the 3rd line, and the 4th line has played well enough to not warrant any benching.

i propose moving modano down to the 4th line and moving either eaves or miller up. i guess before everyone jumps on me, i should reiterate, i think its best to be a short term move.

i think the miller switch would have the least impact. as far as even strength goes, miller actually averages almost as much toi as modano. its currently 9:38 to 8:47. so it wouldn't be a huge change in playing time for either guy. that would allow both bottom lines to get fresh looks and perhaps spark without changing minutes and hopefully not be drastic enough to make modano upset.

As far as I see the only people that should not be moved currently are as followed:

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-?

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

?-?-?

?-?-?

Z and D make their own line and Homer can be replaced with another player willing to pay the price. Everyone on the 2nd line contributes to its success.

Mike Legg scored what many consider the best goal ever scored in any kind of high level hockey. He never even made the AHL. A player can do something, and do it really well, without it being their normal skill level or play style.

And if you notice in that video, Cleary is not hit, bumped, or even LOOKED AT by a defenseman, and gets no goalie sticks to the calves. Show me some real "evidence" please.

What you just said has nothing to do with what people are trying to tell you. Cleary always goes to the front of the net I think you need to open them eyes and watch the game.

He doesn't get hit or whacked because the play happened so fast, and Pavel got real close with a great move. Also if the goalie whacks his legs that close he exposes his 5 hole with ease. And I think you should know if Pavel sees it he'll put it there.

What you just said has nothing to do with what people are trying to tell you.

I see you've met Eva.

He typically likes to make up his own definitions of hockey terms and impose them on other people. I remember one argument where he tried to say something along the lines of "Zetterberg is a power forward". Haha... I mean... Yeah... So, it's best to just disregard most if not all of what he says.

I see you've met Eva.

He typically likes to make up his own definitions of hockey terms and impose them on other people. I remember one argument where he tried to say something along the lines of "Zetterberg is a power forward". Haha... I mean... Yeah... So, it's best to just disregard most if not all of what he says.

Yeah I was reading his comment like wait what?

lol

And haha Zetterberg a power foward, good god..

Yeah thanks I guess I will have to ignore what he says.

Yeah I was reading his comment like wait what?

lol

And haha Zetterberg a power foward, good god..

Yeah thanks I guess I will have to ignore what he says.

Don't ignore everything he says. Sometimes he presents some pretty compelling analysis and some interesting stats. You just have to unskew them a little. :)

I'm really worried that Modano is going to get benched, say it's not what he signed up for, and because he was already close to retiring call it quits mid-season.

If that were to happen, that'd be a positive thing. Someone who gives up that easily is not required for a Stanley Cup run. Passion, commitment and sacrifice are required and a prima donna who quits that easy has none of that.

The giveaways and turnovers which lead to goals on the Wings are bad. Even Lidstrom looked only partially conscious for part of the game against Dallas but the third line has not scored the way they did in the pre-season. Anyone who watched the game against Dallas also remembers Modano skating a lot of shifts and obviously working very hard - he was one of the few who could keep the puck on Dallas' side of the ice (Modano did not score, but also was not a -3 that game). Some of the characterizations of Modano on here are simply dishonest and petty.

Rafalski is +5 over 2 games. These guys can and do score frequently, but people were saying the same negative things about Zetterberg and Datsyuk when the team was shutout against Atlanta, Calgary, St. Louis, Chicago and Columbus in November and December of last season. We're not getting shutout, people.