• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rick zombo

Abdlekader in, Osgood to start again.

Rate this topic

Cleary has a goal an assist and is minus-4 in eight games, but Babcock wants him to do more as well. When asked if Cleary had been the best player on that line thus far, Babcock said: “I wouldn’t say that. No.”

Read more: Jiri Hudler will sit out when Wings play Nashville | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/20101030/SPORTS05/101030012/1053/sports05/Wings-Hudler-to-sit-out-during-tonights-game#ixzz13riukfG1

Hmm. I'm curious as to what Babs' reasoning is if he wouldn't say Cleary has been the best player on the line.

EDIT: Maybe it's just a motivate through the media kind of thing.

Edited by titanium2

imo, the 3rd line looks more like a 3rd line now. But in a good way. They still have the ability to score, but now they have extra grit and forechecking. Hudler just gets pushed around out there and is slow. I don't think it will stay like this, but I see that line scoring a goal tonight.

imo, the 3rd line looks more like a 3rd line now. But in a good way. They still have the ability to score, but now they have extra grit and forechecking. Hudler just gets pushed around out there and is slow. I don't think it will stay like this, but I see that line scoring a goal tonight.

Maybe Hudler should be on the 4th line then.

Osgood is a very poor goalie in todays nhl, standing only 5'10 and has very poor goalie technique, it's not hard for even the average shooter to pick a corner on him, he will be the last one of his kind when he hangs em up, now it's the time for 6'3+ & 100% clear cut bytterfly goalies, no questions asked.

What a load of crap. Even the average shooter? I saw a piece on the Discovery channel where they looked at how size helps with goaltenders. They put a fat suite on a normal sized goaltender to test the theory that larger goaltenders had an advantage. Then they had Grorge Perros of all people shoot. They picked George because he rarely scores goals. The result - the fat suit did not help at all.

The point is that size does NOT matter for goaltenders. It's all about quick reactions and mobility. So your theory is flat out wrong. A small goaltender with great mobility and quick reactions will beat your 6'-3" guy everytime.

wow huds is out? really babs? huds needs more time to play not a message, modano needs the message. modano is the one who is skating in circles out there, letting shots go 50ft away and looks to be afraid to engage in any physical play. thats all mental. i see huds deep in the defensive zone plenty of times, trying to setup plays, and getting dirty. whatever

Please sit either Mondano or Hudler. Cleary/4th line have been fine, as far as Ozzy goes if he plays like he did the last 2 periods of the Yotes game I'm ok with it. I really have thought his time is done and he certainly didn't help in the 1st period last game, but it wasn't directly his fault and he did seem to get some momentum going later.

wow huds is out? really babs? huds needs more time to play not a message, modano needs the message. modano is the one who is skating in circles out there, letting shots go 50ft away and looks to be afraid to engage in any physical play. thats all mental. i see huds deep in the defensive zone plenty of times, trying to setup plays, and getting dirty. whatever

Modano has made some very nice passes, but then does nothing after not even back check... I agree though, Hudler may need a little more time. But if he played like s*** this game then I would put Modano in for him.

What a load of crap. Even the average shooter? I saw a piece on the Discovery channel where they looked at how size helps with goaltenders. They put a fat suite on a normal sized goaltender to test the theory that larger goaltenders had an advantage. Then they had Grorge Perros of all people shoot. They picked George because he rarely scores goals. The result - the fat suit did not help at all.

The point is that size does NOT matter for goaltenders. It's all about quick reactions and mobility. So your theory is flat out wrong. A small goaltender with great mobility and quick reactions will beat your 6'-3" guy everytime.

A small goalie wearing a fat suit proves your point lol? Most goalies in the NHL are decent sized and ozzie is a midget out there prettym uch. And to top it all off, Ozzie doesn't have quick reactions or mobility so that argument doesn;t work either

Of course they are. They always treat the older guys different.

It's not that he's an older guy. It's that they promised him he could play if he came here. And if they bench him he might very well just hang them up and create an embarassing distraction.

It's not that he's an older guy. It's that they promised him he could play if he came here. And if they bench him he might very well just hang them up and create an embarassing distraction.

If hes not willing to take notice that hes playing like absolute s*** out there, and take the coaches advice to sit a game to see if Huds - Abs- Cleary can get some chemistry going then I would rather him just hang up his gloves. I was all for him coming here, I know its only 8 games into the Season but he needs to stop giving up on plays and play a little more physical, hes got the size why not use it ? I see Bert playing with pure heart out their using his size when everyone knows why he doesn't usually play that physical of a game anymore, Modano has no reason not to put a little more effort into it. Huds better play next game though, at least hes got what.. 4-5 points and at least tries deep in the defensive zone.

Guest scottj

You're telling me that a bigger goalie doesn't have an advantage on some shots?... lets say the shots that would normally slide right by one goalie's side, but actually hits and bounces off the bigger goalie?

to say that size doesn't help when you're trying to block an open area with your body is ridiculous. and one test subject doesn't prove anything, you would need to test your theory more than once with different variables.

how many shots did they take? what kind of shots went in? a bigger goalie would have more time to get used to his body/become more mobile than a smaller goalie that just gets some extra baggage packed on right there.

if Discovery channel insinuated that their "experiment" proved anything then please tell me the name of the show so I can never watch it

Edited by scottj

How does a guy in a fat suit in any way whatsoever prove that taller goalies aren't more effective? There is a MAJOR difference between TALL big and FAT big. There aren't any fat goalies in the NHL, so your discovery channel test is completely useless in this argument. I'm baffled that you could even think its relevant.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/10/red_wings_jiri_hudler_surprise.html

Says Hudler will be a healthy scratch for tonight.

(didnt realize it was already posted!)

Edited by sidney_who?

Maybe because Modano just got here after being courted all summer and hasn't bailed on us in the past for big money in the KHL? Just a guess.

esteef

Yeah, how dare Hudler go for guaranteed money for a short period of time and then come back.

What a ******. Damn Europeans.

I don't blame him for that, I'm just saying that's why Modano gets the benefit of the doubt over him.

esteef

I would say Mikey gets the benefit of the doubt because:

1. He is a veteran

2. He actually scored a goal

3. Babcock isn't a petty idiot

Modano had a better game last night, so it appears that the right decision was made.

I would say Mikey gets the benefit of the doubt because:

1. He is a veteran

2. He actually scored a goal

3. Babcock isn't a petty idiot

Modano had a better game last night, so it appears that the right decision was made.

I am in total agreement with this ^^^ We're ten games in. Mo will be fine.