• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

Jiri Hudler Watch Thread

Rate this topic

Also Hudler had more TOI per game than either Drake or Maltby (also more points than the three combined). He was 9th of forwards in TOI/g and 4th in points total. Draper had more time than any of those three because he was the go-to guy for defensive zone faceoffs at even strength and on the PK.

Hudler also played on a stacked powerplay because he was actually good back then. Hudler is not needed on the point to make this power play click, is he getting points? Ya but he is supposed to get some. But there are guys that would be much more valuable to this team come playoffs. And as a wings fan you know everyone is judged on their playoff performances, get real.

Hudler is hopefully going to just build up enough trade value to get him shipped outta here. Get rid of his cap hit for a one dimensional, offensive forward who doesn't produce that much offense.

Hudler also played on a stacked powerplay because he was actually good back then.

And two years just made him bad? (Also I appreciate the sidestep from your silly "these guys played more than Hudler in the playoffs" argument)

Hudler is not needed on the point to make this power play click, is he getting points? Ya but he is supposed to get some.

So what, he isn't doing what he is supposed to, but he is getting points like he is supposed to?

What exactly is Hudler supposed to do on this team?

But there are guys that would be much more valuable to this team come playoffs. And as a wings fan you know everyone is judged on their playoff performances, get real.

Playoff performance is big but you still need guys who can get you there. Hudler was one of those players and seems to be improving to be one of those again.

Hudler is hopefully going to just build up enough trade value to get him shipped outta here. Get rid of his cap hit for a one dimensional, offensive forward who doesn't produce that much offense.

Hopefully Hudler will produce to a point where he can build on in for next year and be a valuable asset to the Wings again.

Hopefully Hudler will produce to a point where he can build on in for next year and be a valuable asset to the Wings again.

Hudler will never be a valuable asset to the wings at that cap hit for what he brings. In playoffs regardless of salary he really wont be that valuable. He is a 4th liner when it matters with a nearly 3 million dollar cap hit

Hudler will never be a valuable asset to the wings at that cap hit for what he brings. In playoffs regardless of salary he really wont be that valuable. He is a 4th liner when it matters with a nearly 3 million dollar cap hit

The regular season matters.

You can't have playoff numbers if you can't get there in the first place.

(For the record, cap hits are irrelevant in the playoffs)

For the record, Hudler was SIXTH in points in the 2009 playoffs while being NINTH in forward TOI/g.

How exactly are those fourth line numbers?

Edited by Doc Holliday

The regular season matters.

You can't have playoff numbers if you can't get there in the first place.

(For the record, cap hits are irrelevant in the playoffs)

For the record, Hudler was SIXTH in points in the 2009 playoffs while being NINTH in forward TOI/g.

How exactly are those fourth line numbers?

Doc, he's a fourth liner because he's a small player who's only an average skater, haven't you learned how the haters think? Doesn't matter if he scores 1 points or 100 points. Sure, he hasn't played up to his skill this year offensively, but he has been decent defensively (and gotten NO CREDIT) and has worked harder and been much more present in the corners and in front of the net than the haters give him credit for. When I see Hudler as the first Wing, or at least Wing forward, on the backcheck, that tells me he's working hard on defense and in general. And I've seen it quite a few times. Hudler is one of the slowest forwards on the team, yet has managed to be one of if not the first player back on the backcheck as often as anyone he plays with.

But people ignore that, and instead simply say "Hudler is a slacker, he sucks, he'll never work hard or play defense" just because the points aren't coming his way. If Hudler was on a 20-game scoring streak with 35-40 points in that span right now, you wouldn't hear a peep about him sucking.

Guest stinky fish taco

Doc, he's a fourth liner because he's a small player who's only an average skater, haven't you learned how the haters think? Doesn't matter if he scores 1 points or 100 points. Sure, he hasn't played up to his skill this year offensively, but he has been decent defensively (and gotten NO CREDIT) and has worked harder and been much more present in the corners and in front of the net than the haters give him credit for. When I see Hudler as the first Wing, or at least Wing forward, on the backcheck, that tells me he's working hard on defense and in general. And I've seen it quite a few times. Hudler is one of the slowest forwards on the team, yet has managed to be one of if not the first player back on the backcheck as often as anyone he plays with.

But people ignore that, and instead simply say "Hudler is a slacker, he sucks, he'll never work hard or play defense" just because the points aren't coming his way. If Hudler was on a 20-game scoring streak with 35-40 points in that span right now, you wouldn't hear a peep about him sucking.

the wings aren't paying him 2.8mil to slowly backcheck. he needs to put up points - period.

Hudler is improving, it seems hes getting his confidence back and it seems the wing's brass is noticing because hes not been benched lately

Edited by Shaman464

Guest Crymson

I wish you'd give up, Eva. In my eyes, you've lost all credibility when it comes to having a genuine discussion about Osgood or Hudler.

Guest stinky fish taco

Hudler has 8 points in his last 10.

and drew miller has 7 in his last 9. so what? my statement was in reply to a long-winded post about hudler's defense (LOL). the point is if he is not putting up points, he brings NOTHING to the table.

maybe if hudler can keep it up for the next 30 games, he'll somewhat be worth what they are paying him. right now, he's not even close. not at all.

If Hudler was on a 20-game scoring streak with 35-40 points in that span right now, you wouldn't hear a peep about him sucking.

Didn't want to ignore the entire post but just wanted this to be read over and over again by most.

Huge if here eva. He isn't doing that right now and yes the blind, uneducated hockey eye will point to Huds sucking. Most of the season it has been true. But he isn't on a 20-game scoring streak with 35-40 points during that but instead has 14 points in a total of 40 GP and a -7 which is in fact, the worse on the team. It isn't a personal attack on one of your boys, it is just the facts. Hopefully he keeps up the better play of late which I think he will.

Guest stinky fish taco

i love that. "if he was scoring 2 points a game, no one would say he sucks!"

you don't say!

there are still hudler defenders?

really?

I wish you'd give up, Eva. In my eyes, you've lost all credibility when it comes to having a genuine discussion about Osgood or Hudler.

No one is saying that Hudler has played to his contract value this year. But LGW has biased haters against Hudler who because they have completely lost their patience just refuse to give credit where credit is due when Hudler does something of value. Any truly objective fan will tell you that over the last 10-12 (or so) games Hudler has been forechecking hard, creating chances, moving the puck well, backchecking hard, and had a much improved impact on the game than he did the first 30 games of the season.

Everyone wants to lump posters on this forum in groups 'Hudler Slappies' and 'Hudler Haters'. I can maybe think of 2 or 3 posters who are legitimately able to view things with an objective eye. Things aren't always black and white, there is a grey area.

No one is saying that Hudler has played to his contract value this year. But LGW has biased haters against Hudler who because they have completely lost their patience just refuse to give credit where credit is due when Hudler does something of value. Any truly objective fan will tell you that over the last 10-12 (or so) games Hudler has been forechecking hard, creating chances, moving the puck well, backchecking hard, and had a much improved impact on the game than he did the first 30 games of the season.

Everyone wants to lump posters on this forum in groups 'Hudler Slappies' and 'Hudler Haters'. I can maybe think of 2 or 3 posters who are legitimately able to view things with an objective eye. Things aren't always black and white, there is a grey area.

Are you a coach? I remember one of my coaches talking about gray area.

Anyway hudler has def stepped it up and i agree with everything youre saying, i think hudler needs to shoot the puck more. He seems to try to pass the puck in places where he has a great opportunity to shoot the puck for a good scoring chance.

Are you a coach? I remember one of my coaches talking about gray area.

Anyway hudler has def stepped it up and i agree with everything youre saying, i think hudler needs to shoot the puck more. He seems to try to pass the puck in places where he has a great opportunity to shoot the puck for a good scoring chance.

That is definitely true. Hudler has passed up a whole bunch of shot opportunities in favor of passing the puck. There's no question that although Hudler's game has improved as of late there still is a great deal of room for improvement. The guy has a good shot and should use it more often, that's for sure.

There is Hudler supporters, haters, objective people and you forgot one group, its called EVA unit zero.

But seriously to me, Hudler is turning it on lately but that still isn't enough to make me like him as a player. He is still small and weak defensively. If he was an amazing offensive talent I could see past it, but I dont see him really being a 60 point scorer, especially consistently. That to me does not outweigh his deficiencies.

Didn't want to ignore the entire post but just wanted this to be read over and over again by most.

Huge if here eva. He isn't doing that right now and yes the blind, uneducated hockey eye will point to Huds sucking. Most of the season it has been true. But he isn't on a 20-game scoring streak with 35-40 points during that but instead has 14 points in a total of 40 GP and a -7 which is in fact, the worse on the team. It isn't a personal attack on one of your boys, it is just the facts. Hopefully he keeps up the better play of late which I think he will.

Pssst....plus-minus is a worthless statistic and always has been. I'm not saying Hudler is having a good year compared to his cap hit or his previous play, but he has played well and a hell of a lot better than he's getting credit for. But please, enough with the plus-minus because it means nothing in relation to actual performance.

Pssst....plus-minus is a worthless statistic and always has been. I'm not saying Hudler is having a good year compared to his cap hit or his previous play, but he has played well and a hell of a lot better than he's getting credit for. But please, enough with the plus-minus because it means nothing in relation to actual performance.

Psssttt....

I can guarantee in the mastadon-sized posts you have made over the years on here you have brought +/- into the discussion so please, enough with attacking one part of the post and realize your blind Hudler-homerism has gotten in the way of you making much sense on these boards anymore.