Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:13 AM

new avatar time

#244 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:28 AM

I'm wondering if Hudler could be the scratch against the Kings.

I'd count on it.

#245 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:09 AM

"The concern for me when players go to the KHL is, it's different ice, different work habits, games are not as intense," general manager Ken Holland said. "You have to work harder here. Mike Babcock and I felt there'd be a bit of adjustment for him to come back. Huds didn't have a very good start, and then things just kind of snowballed.

... We're still confident he can make things happen."

Hudler wasn't available for comment, as the Wings took Sunday off. He's expected to play tonight against the Kings. Babcock said after the Devils game that it's up to Hudler to become a regular again.

"Basically, the way I look at it is, there's three 27-game segments and you have a throwaway game," Babcock said. " ... So, his first segment didn't go the way he wanted. Let's have a great second segment. We need scoring. Every team needs scoring to win in the end. Hudler is a great player, knows how to play the game. It hasn't gone good for him. He's confident in himself, I'm confident in him. Throw it out. Come back hard. Just make sure you're doing everything off ice and everything on ice to do the work to make sure you're the kind of player we all know you are."

Read more: Red Wings seeking more from struggling Jiri Hudler | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com...r#ixzz17z8LmUrV

#246 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:27 AM

Heh. Hudler doesn't seem to care at all that he's not producing.

#247 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:42 AM

The best contribution Hudler can make for the Wings is to not play and be a healthy scratch. Hell Draper is done and I'd sooner have him in the line-up.

Edited by Hatethedrake!, 13 December 2010 - 09:43 AM.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#248 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:06 PM

Hudler so far: three great chances to drive the drive the net and shoot. Zero shots, zero times driving the net, three weak passes.

#249 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:12 PM

He's playing with energy tonight, and he's clearly trying very hard. That's been half the criticm so far this season. Unfortunately, he's short on confidence, because he would've normally burried a few of those prime chances.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#250 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:23 PM

He's playing with energy tonight, and he's clearly trying very hard. That's been half the criticm so far this season. Unfortunately, he's short on confidence, because he would've normally burried a few of those prime chances.

He still flatly refuses to drive into contested areas. These include the net.

He's not trying hard enough.

#251 Austrianwing

Austrianwing

On Waivers

• PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:25 PM

He was also one of exactly two Wings that was not a minus tonight... I have not been all that impressed by Hudler this season, but I wonder why no-one actually expected Helm to bury the setup he got tonight. There is always a whipping boy on here. :lol:

#252 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,666 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:28 PM

He still flatly refuses to drive into contested areas. These include the net.

He's not trying hard enough.

Did Hudler run you off the road or something?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#253 canada1

canada1

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:30 AM

Hi to all, new to this form,Wing fan for the last 35 years , anyway huddler doesnt to anything out there. doesnt hit, check,or score !!! Didnt really want him back this year, especially at that cap space. People say to trade him . Who would want him at 2.8 million or so cap space. if they put him on waivers. he probably wont get picked up.hes too small,, if anything a minor league player. He had one decent year. let him go whereever, and then can pick up a 5 million dollar player at the deadline for the playoff run.

#254 clearlybetter11

clearlybetter11

Prospect

• 45 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:41 AM

Hudler needs a psychiatrist, we all know what he is capable of but he just seems like he lacks confidence and questions himself. For instance it seemed like shooting the puck never even crossed his mind on his two on one tonight, he is a shooter he needs to shoot. I don't want to see him become the Jason Williams and wind up doing nothing with his career, he is too good. Also, is anyone else annoyed by the way he tapes his socks?

#255 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:43 AM

Hudler is lazy and he sucks.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#256 Austrianwing

Austrianwing

On Waivers

• PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:55 AM

Haha, hope it works! I'd rather see him do something than not :lol:

#257 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:08 AM

In this Kings game, Hudler was far from the worst player out there. I wonder when Mule is actually gonna play physical again. Wings got man-handled physically and out-goaltended.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#258 clearlybetter11

clearlybetter11

Prospect

• 45 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:13 AM

The lazy part may be true but I don't think he sucks. Hudler is not a guy who can carry a line but I think he is a guy who can compliment other players well. I would like to see him on a line with Datsyuk to see how they would play together. Datsyuk is so good at opening up space and making the players around him better I think he could really help a guy like Hudler who needs someone to feed him, at least until he gets his confidence back up. I know I am going to get grilled for sticking up for Hudler but I think we are all underestimating his potential. I just don't want to see us make the same mistake we made with Leino. Leino was doing just as bad if not worse at this point last year and I think everybody on here including myself was saying "he is lazy and he sucks" and rightfully so, but we had him on a checking line and he is not an NHL caliber checker, he is and NHL caliber scorer. Once Leino went to Philadelphia and was put on a line with Briere his game took a 180. I think we need to put him in every possible spot for him to succeed before we give up on him, and if his success can only come at the cost of the teams success then go ahead and trade him.

#259 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:21 AM

I wonder when Mule is actually gonna play physical again.

The playoffs... Maybe. Depending on how much he feels like he's made of glass.

#260 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:26 AM

I bet he sucks at being lazy and sucking.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".