• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

number9

Other Teams, Love em? or Hate em?

Rate this topic

I don't think they're a rival to the Red Wings or anything even close, but you know that they're one of only three teams in the West with 13 wins right now, right? They're actually playing really good hockey at the moment. Much better than "CHL" level. Get up to date and don't just let their past failure dictate what you think of them

obbbbbbbbbbviously I'm not serious about the "CHL" thing, just a little a hyperbole ;) if they continue winning I'll eat my words, I just can't stand teams like Columbus. If you want a rivalry with the Wings you actually have to earn it... we dont just let anyone be our rivals, only the best. and 13 wins at the beginning of a season doesn't merit anything besides me remembering your an actual team for once.

somebody mentioned they hate Toews, and I don't understand why. Toews and sharpie are the only ones I like on that team.

somebody also said the only penguin they like is Malkin.....agreed.

Not sure I can really say that I "hate" any team, though the one that I dislike the most iseasily Pittsburgh. Due to both that whiney little ***** Cindy and the way the league and refs not only seem to always rule in their favor, but almost seem to at time intentionally throw games so they win.

I also dislike Anaheim for their goonish play, but not nearly as much as I dislike Pittsburgh.

Other than Detroit, I like:

-LA (loaded with young talent and play a skilled game)

-Tampa

-The rest of the O6 except Montreal

And I sympathize with whatever fans the Islanders and the Panthers still have.

I dislike:

-Nashville (Today's equivalent of the '95 Devils - so boring to watch)

-San Jose (Piss or get off the toilet already)

-Anaheim (The crappy, less talented version of the Flyers)

-Pittsburgh (Fleury might go down as the luckiest sieve to win a Cup)

-Chicago fans ('nuff said)

I seriously can't understand how any Wings fan actually hates Toews. I can understand hating Kane, but Toews to me is like a little Yzerman. He'll be a real leader one day.

something about the guy personally that i cant stand.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Just out of curiosity, what do you hate about the Kings?

I'm still bitter about 2001.

most teams i'm either indifferent to(uh Carolina would be one example but that category is most of the teams),somewhat like(Tampa and a few others),or have some sympathy for(Toronto and New Jersey being the main ones here)

the only team I really hate a lot is St. Louis,everything about that team just rubs me the wrong way

also dislike Chicago,Pittsburgh,Calgary,Anaheim,and Edmonton(the tanking attitude their management and fans have really disgusts me)

Edited by ricky0034

i made a promise that if the Habs knocked s***tsburgh out of the playoffs last year, i'd be eternally grateful and would hold a special place in my heart for them. they did and i kept my promise.

as for teams that i hate: 1) Chicago (for all the reasons people mentioned and it's a beloved tradition) 2) s***tsburgh

Guest Stolberg

west - hate most teams. kind of like the wild.

east - indifferent toward most teams. don't like the pens or caps

Hate:

Dicks- not so much since Pronger left, although Corey Scary is still on my list of People I'd Like to Bitchslap; but still even with Parros, Getzlaf and my beloved Andreas (who are sexier than socks on a rooster) I still can't stop hating them

Avs- for old times' sake

Habs- arrogant pricks

Like:

Leafs- bandwagon fan from '67

Bolts- Stevie Y

Kings- Luc & Anze

Nucks- Sammy

Wild- geographical influence

Stars- former geographical influence, plus any team that can seriously consider bovine sex organs to be uniform decoration has got to be crazy enough to like

Edited by 55fan

Like (when they're not playing the Wings):1. Kings - Geographical influence, sort of. As a San Diegan, I should in theory be a Ducks fan, but AHAHAHAROFLYEAHRIGHT, so the Kings are my "California Pride" team.

2. Lightning - Stevie bandwagon

3. Caps - General bandwagon

4. Bruins - I don't know...if I had to be really honest with myself, I think it may be because I like their jerseys

Hate:

1. Pens

2. Ducks

3. Avs

4. Blackhawks

The Flames are also starting to piss me off, and I have an interesting relationship with the Canadiens. I like their past history, but I agree with 55fan, their current bunch of guys really are arrogant pricks.

Edited by MulesWillFly93

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Love:

ALL NHL Teams!! But i do enjoy watching the Red Wings the most

im an NHL Fan by heart

sure there are teams that do goon it up but its apart of hockey. its apart of the sport. your not gonna get the oh so sweet, oh so perfect. look at my pretty ponytail while i practice my curtsy NHL team. a teams gotta have heart, motivation, and even show some grit.

i have been a hockey fan since i can remember

as a 4 year old i attened my first NHL game and that was the Oilers vs Flames ( i was living in Alberta at the time and the Battle of Alberta was just at its peak)

then as a child growin up i lived in Winnipeg for a couple years so i attended about a dozen Jets games. i was at the game where Teemu Selanne broke the NHLs goals by a rookie in 1993. what a great moment that was for the organization and for myself.

and now i currently live in Ontario Canada near the Windsor-Detroit border and have attended 20 Red Wings games. i havent attended one in years because in the 20 games ive attended theyve all lost (maybe i cursed the Lions as well in the 5 games ive attended silverdome/ford field im 0-5 ) :ph34r: :ph34r:

so lets just say im a better fan when NOT attending NHL or any other sports venue for that matter. :blush::hehe:

Edited by ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

I like:

Boston

The idea of Chicago

Toronto

St. Louis

Kings

I can't stand:

Chicago

Montreal

Colorado

All the other franchises really don't have that great of a history to care about :P

Edited by Konnan511

The only other team I pay any amount of attention to is Boston, because my house mate is a die hard Bruins fan. Other than that, my heart belongs only to the Wings. The rest is just the enemy. I admit, I do want to see Andreas Lilja have a good season, only because maybe the front office will realize what a good shot blocker he was and get him back here (I can dream). The rest - nothing.

and now i currently live in Ontario Canada near the Windsor-Detroit border and have attended 20 Red Wings games. i havent attended one in years because in the 20 games ive attended theyve all lost (maybe i cursed the Lions as well in the 5 games ive attended silverdome/ford field im 0-5 ) :ph34r: :ph34r:

so lets just say im a better fan when NOT attending NHL or any other sports venue for that matter.

dont worry lol I'm pretty sure every detroiter has the lions curse haha

The Flames are also starting to piss me off, and I have an interesting relationship with the Canadiens. I like their past history, but I agree with 55fan, their current bunch of guys really are arrogant pricks.

Actually, it's their fans that I find to be arrogant, but that's just me.

like many others have said, i like the lightning more now just because of stevie y. plus, i have no reason to dislike them.

in the east, i've always liked the bruins and the rangers, and the canes have a special place in my heart because they beat edmonton the year they upset us in the first round. the rest of the teams i'm really neutral to. and, of course, i hate the pens. that's got to be one of the best inter-conference rivalries in the sport right now, just because they faced each other two consecutive years in the finals. few teams in different conferences ever play that many games against each other in a relatively short period of time (a few seasons). i like the caps because they're exciting, and, perhaps, because we haven't played them yet in the finals.

in the west, i hate the ducks, hawks, and sharks, in that order. of course, any team that we've played a playoff series against in recent years, i've developed a hate for during the series...but, say, phoenix, i don't really hate them in general, just because i hated them during the series last year. i kinda like the wild (unless we're playing them), and i like to see st. louis doing well (again, unless we're playing them).

most of all, though, i ******* hate the ducks.

edit: to clarify my like of the bruins: i've been to boston only once, but really, really loved the city; plus, i love the departed. after visiting, i became a red sox fan, too. not sure why, that city just rocked my face off. so now i'm a fan.

Edited by stormboy