• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:09 AM

i think most people forgive him because hes a red wing and helping us. same thing would happen if heatley started playing for the wings..

Maybe for some, but not all. Going back to the Vick example - I'm a Lions fan (yeah, I know) and if they decided to pick up Vick I'd be very angry as a fan, and rightfully so.

#62 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

To the people who hate Bert... his hit was the exact same as when McCarty punched Lemieux. Blind side, punch to the back of the head, and then Lemieux fell. The only difference is that Lemieux's neck didn't break because the whole Avs team didn't jump on McCarty.

Edited by Shady Ultima, 03 December 2010 - 03:59 PM.

#63 hokeychik22

hokeychik22

leapin' lou fontinato

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:06 PM

i would of said that avery would be most hated. a lot of people seem to hate the guy. i personally have been a fan since he was a wing. sure he has issues, but the guy can play hockey.

#64 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:17 PM

i would of said that avery would be most hated. a lot of people seem to hate the guy. i personally have been a fan since he was a wing. sure he has issues, but the guy can play hockey.

The moron made fun of Jason Blake because he had cancer. If that's not a reason to hate a guy I don't know what is. I mean, really, how do you like a guy after something like that? The dude is lowwww.

#65 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

To the people who hate Bert... his hit was the exact same as when McCarty punched Lemieux. Blind side, punch to the back of the head, and then Lemieux fell. The only difference is that Lemieux's neck didn't break because the whole Avs team didn't jump on McCarty.

This.

I've seen the clip dozens, probably hundreds of times since the incident and I honestly believe his neck was broken during the initial second or so of the pile on. (though, obviously that could be wrong, nobody will ever know, but that is what it looked like to me)

It makes me think of that hit Kronwall put on Havlat that KO'd him. The Hawks were so blinded with rage and looking to get vengeance that they totally forgot their teammate was laying there at their feet on the ice, unconscious and unable to move, and they damn near cut his neck open with their skate blades trying to fight and go after the Wings.

Edited by sleepwalker, 03 December 2010 - 05:40 PM.

#66 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:43 PM

When you mean cheap pos; you mean like punching a guy in the back of the head? Oh wait, he was on a dominant line, and he is Bert so that isn't a cheap shot at all. In fact let's relish in his glory of being such a stand up player his entire career.

A cheap play is different then a cheap player. Moore took rpide in playing like that, Bert was not a dirty player at all before that one single play. If he was a repeat offender I would call him a cheap pos but if its a one time thing its likely thats not how he normally is and the result was a freak accident.

Meh he ended a guys career ya, but it was guy who didn't deserve to have a career the way he played. Bert was sticking up for his captain against a little cheap shot artist who was skating arond running guys after the fact that he hit Naslund like that.

But go ahead and call Bert a cheap pos, I'm sure you have abetter view of the play up there on your high horse

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#67 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:27 PM

This.

I've seen the clip dozens, probably hundreds of times since the incident and I honestly believe his neck was broken during the initial second or so of the pile on. (though, obviously that could be wrong, nobody will ever know, but that is what it looked like to me)

Bert was laying on Moore's back. The top of Bert's head does not reach past the middle of Moore's head. The Avs players pile on Bert's back.

Where do you get the idea that the pile on broke Moore's neck? The laws of physics certainly disagree with you.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."