495 replies to this topic

#21 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:43 PM

Two solid line options I have thought of:

Option 1; Vancouver lines with minor changes (Hudler takes Datsyuk's spot, Eaves takes Hudler's spot, Draper takes Eaves' spot)

Cleary/Zetterberg/Holmstrom
Abdelkader/Filppula/Eaves
Franzen/Hudler/Bertuzzi
Draper/Helm/Miller

These lines provide three lines deep of scoring; the Z line worked well and Hudler between two big skilled wingers should work well. Eaves' speed should provide a better match for Flip than Huds did in a goal-scoring role.

Option 2:

Franzen/Zetterberg/Cleary
Hudler/Filppula/Bertuzzi
Holmstrom/Abdelkader/Eaves
Draper/Helm/Miller

The first line has been used and its chemistry and performance proven in the past. Huds and Flip have solid chemistry, and Bertuzzi should make a good fit with the two, although not as good as Franzen would be - switching the two may be even better. Homer with Abby and Eaves should work well because both are grinders with decent offensive skill, so they can gain possession of the puck and get it on net where he can then deflect shots or put rebounds in. Their defense also protects his liability. Fourth line doesn't change.

Option 1: Hudler isn't strong enough at center.
Option 2: Makes sense.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#22 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:25 PM

Eva, I completely disagree with option one and hope to never EVER see it.

However....

Completely agree with option two, I was about to post the same exact lines. :thumbup:

Going to be a character month for the Wings here. Decimated by injuries last season, but we started to kinda get spoiled by our health this season. Sucks that our best had to go down, but as others have noted... time for some key people to step up.
Posted Image

#23 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,025 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:38 PM

Yeah eva your option 1... come on hahaha. But option 2, I think those might be the lines Babs uses.

Hopefully we get a win tonight, we need all the points we can get in december, especially with Datsyuk hurt.

#NOMOREKINDL

#24 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:42 PM

Yes please to Franzen, Z and Cleary on a line. Those two have had great chemistry with Z in the past and we have to find at least one line that really clicks while Pavel is out.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#25 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:43 PM

Wings lines have been updated. Ozzie to start in goal.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#26 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:46 PM

Ozzie gets his Christmas present for 400, Hudler gets 2.

#27 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:46 PM

That 2nd line on option 2 is kinda scary to put out together, Babs is definetely gonna have to convince all of them to start shooting the puck because none of them seem to really want to when there wide open in the slot.

#28 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:10 PM

So these are the lines eh:

Franzen-Zetterberg-Holmstrom
Cleary-Filppula-Bertuzzi
Hudler-Abdelkader-Miller
Draper-Helm-Eaves

Lidstrom-Stuart
Ericsson-Rafalski
Kronwall-Salei

That third paring has so much suck on it, when it comes to pinching and playing in their own zone. The second line looks like the only line that will produce. Franzen floats and Zata sucks for 55 minutes before he somehow gets the job done.

Also:

As for his line combinations tonight, coach Mike Babcock said, "I don't know what I'm going to do. Last night I played (Henrik) Zetterberg and Fil (Valtteri Filppula) between three lines. I might do that tonight, too.''

Edited by Konnan511, 23 December 2010 - 03:10 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#29 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:14 PM

As for his line combinations tonight, coach Mike Babcock said, "I don't know what I'm going to do. Last night I played (Henrik) Zetterberg and Fil (Valtteri Filppula) between three lines. I might do that tonight, too.''

Sounds... chaotic. It looks like Hank might be in for some more 20+ minute nights for the next month.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#30 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:18 PM

Lower Bowl tickets going for fifty percent off in St. Louis. Has the League taken over the Blues as well?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#31 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:41 PM

Lets go Wings, Ozzie gets #400 tonight.. I want to see my buddy Cracknell score his first NHL goal tonight
IPB Image

#32 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:12 PM

Franzen/Zetterberg/Cleary

Posted Image I realize its your option 2 but Babs needs to give it a go. This line was just an amazing combo back in the '09 Playoffs. With Clears on a binge as of late, Hank looking like he is ready to take the reins and step up only like he can, and Mule in need of a kick in the ass from these 2.... perfect! Damn I hope it happens.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#33 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:18 PM

Also, I will not be denied on the stream tonight!!!! Posted Image

#34 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:35 PM

You got this Ozzie! #400 tonight!

4-2 Wings!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#35 ehorn3

ehorn3

Go Wings

• PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:40 PM

going to the game with some of my friends who had extra tickets. don't know why they invited me when they know i'm a huge wings fan. got my Lids CCM A jersey all ready. every time i go to a blues wings game there is a decent showing of wings fans which is good to see.
Steve Yzerman is the greatest captain of all time, thanks for the memories Steve
I live in St. Louis, but I love hockey too much to be a Blues Fan. Go Wings!
I hate Pronger

#36 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:44 PM

going to the game with some of my friends who had extra tickets. don't know why they invited me when they know i'm a huge wings fan. got my Lids CCM A jersey all ready. every time i go to a blues wings game there is a decent showing of wings fans which is good to see.

Red Wings Nation Posted ImagePosted Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEJXI5kIIlE&feature=related

#37 Foog00

Foog00

Rookie

• Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:44 PM

Also going to the game, first one since 2007. Lets Go Red Wings.

#38 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:00 PM

any chance we give mursak or tatar a chance with the big team while dats is out?

#39 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:37 PM

I'm calling a birthday goal for the Mule. We're going to need him in playoff form with Dats out.

#40 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:38 PM

Strange lines, I hope it works.

Let's get Ozzie his 400, please.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)