• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
germanwing

Kindl to play tonight

Rate this topic

“I gave Rusty an extra day, he’s been without his family all year and his wife is pregnant. I think it’s important for Jake to get playing right away and we just plan on throwing him in and playing him.”

Read more: Kindl in tonight as Wings take on Wild | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/20101226/SPORTS05/101226008/Kindl-in-tonight-as-Wings-take-on-Wild#ixzz19FGmhobI

That's really awesome.

Nice on the team to let Rusty spend some more time with his wife. They treated Stuart in a similar fashion when he first came over, and his wife was also pregnant. Little moves like that show players in the league the way Wings management treats its team.

Only thing I take issue with is Miller on the 3rd line instead of Eaves. Unless I'm mistaken, Patty's had 3 goals in his past 4 games, showing flashes of that offense he once possessed. Going to have to be a solid team effort tonight.

Oddly enough, it was his defensive play that impressed me a few times tonight. He played a couple situations very well positionally, and I even recall one play where he did his best Lids impression and knocked the puck off with his "active stick" (Damn you Pierre McGuire).