• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zetterbergfan

Name Me a Better 2-Way Player Today than Henrik Zetterberg…

Rate this topic

Which is why I thank god you aren't the GM. Hank is pure money in the playoffs, as you well know.

Being great two-ways is important, but not necessary to be a great player. Otherwise, Crosby is not yet a great player, which sounds idiotic, since he's dominating the league every game he plays.

This thread wasn't even about playoff success, so I don't know why you brought that up.

Datsyuk is above Z for sure.

The Crosby answer made me laugh. Not because I'm blinded by my hatred for Crosby, just because I don't think he's that great defensively. Offensively, he's a beast though.

Edited by Selliria

Being great two-ways is important, but not necessary to be a great player. Otherwise, Crosby is not yet a great player, which sounds idiotic, since he's dominating the league every game he plays.

This thread wasn't even about playoff success, so I don't know why you brought that up.

So playoff success all of the sudden means nothing when evaluating a player? Wow... that's a switch.

All I said is that I'm glad you aren't GM because there aren't many, if any, other players I would replace with Zetterberg at the present moment. Total shut-down package that is averaging 2+ shots a game (I think) this season? Not even factoring in his point production since Datsyuk went down? I don't get it, honestly. But we are entitled to our opinion.

Edited by Broken 16

So playoff success all of the sudden means nothing when evaluating a player? Wow... that's a switch.

All I said is that I'm glad you aren't GM because there aren't many, if any, other players I would replace with Zetterberg at the present moment.

It does matter. But he's not the only successful playoff performer in the NHL.

In a cap free, sense free world, there's about 7 or 8 forwards I can think off the top of my head, who I'd replace Zetterberg with. That's not a lot, though, so he's definitely great.

I was just trying to make the point that being a complete forward doesn't necessarily mean you're a better NHL player than a one dimensional forward.

Edited by GMRwings1983

It does matter. But he's not the only successful playoff performer in the NHL.

In a cap free, sense free world, there's about 7 or 8 forwards I can think off the top of my head, who I'd replace Zetterberg with. That's not a lot, though, so he's definitely great.

I was just trying to make the point that being a complete forward doesn't necessarily mean you're a better NHL player than a one dimensional forward.

So you are making a point about one-dimensional players in a two-way player thread? Again, you're losing me.

So you are making a point about one-dimensional players in a two-way player thread? Again, you're losing me.

Basically.

However, I don't think the thread is pointless. I'm merely trying to state my opinion on two-way players vs. one-dimensional players. It's not as cut and dry as people think.

Zetterberg is one of the 2 or 3 greatest two-way forwards in hockey, but certainly not one of the 2 or 3 greatest forwards in hockey, period. Just trying to put things in perspective.

Basically.

However, I don't think the thread is pointless. I'm merely trying to state my opinion on two-way players vs. one-dimensional players. It's not as cut and dry as people think.

Zetterberg is one of the 2 or 3 greatest two-way forwards in hockey, but certainly not one of the 2 or 3 greatest forwards in hockey, period. Just trying to put things in perspective.

One dimensional superstars are a completely different animal. Zetterberg will never be that guy. You're not putting things into perspective, you're skewing the perspective to make a point about one-dimensional players for some reason. It's like derailing a scoring title thread by citing 2-way players that make a bigger impact on their team.

One dimensional superstars are a completely different animal. Zetterberg will never be that guy. You're not putting things into perspective, you're skewing the perspective to make a point about one-dimensional players for some reason. It's like derailing a scoring title thread by citing 2-way players that make a bigger impact on their team.

Not really.

I've agreed with everything you said about Zetterberg, but have added my opinion that I think being a great two-way forward can sometimes be overrated when comparing players in general.

This seems like the perfect thread to state my opinion on two-way forwards and how that whole concept of being a complete player can be overstated somewhat. Like I said, I'd take a Gretzky over a Messier any day.

I already answered the thread several times, so please don't give me any BS about derailing it. Just stating my opinion. You need to get over it.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Not really.

I've agreed with everything you said about Zetterberg, but have added my opinion that I think being a great two-way forward can sometimes be overrated when comparing players in general.

This seems like the perfect thread to state my opinion on two-way forwards and how that whole concept of being a complete player can be overstated somewhat. Like I said, I'd take a Gretzky over a Messier any day.

I already answered the thread several times, so please don't give me any BS about derailing it. Just stating my opinion. You need to get over it.

Except we're not comparing players "in general"... we're comparing two-way players. How about making a new thread for your crusade.

Except we're not comparing players "in general"... we're comparing two-way players. How about making a new thread for your crusade.

Apparently I should have just come in here and said, OMG, Datsyuk is the only two-way player better than Hank! :yowza: OMG that is so cool! :yowza: End thread, since there's nothing else to discuss.

Excuse me for actually wanting to look at the argument differently after I'd already answered what the OP wanted.

How about you stop acting like some mod and stop whining about nothing.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Apparently I should have just come in here and said, OMG, Datsyuk is the only two-way player better than Hank! :yowza: OMG that is so cool! :yowza: End thread, since there's nothing else to discuss.

Excuse me for actually wanting to look at the argument differently after I'd already answered what the OP wanted.

How about you stop acting like some mod and stop whining about nothing.

Funny, considering you haven't cited a single player that you think is a better two-way forward other than Datsyuk. I guess thread titles mean nothing. I'm not modding, I would just like to read a discussion about two-way players and not why you would take Gretz over Messier.

How about you not derail threads for attention. Start a 'Why two-way players are overrated' thread if you have a hair across your ass about it.

Edited by Broken 16

Funny, considering you haven't cited a single player that you think is a better two-way forward other than Datsyuk. I guess thread titles mean nothing. I'm not modding, I would just like to read a discussion about two-way players and not why you would take Gretz over Messier.

How about you not derail threads for attention. Start a 'Why two-way players are overrated' thread if you have a hair across your ass about it.

Good thing you're not a mod then. You seem too sensitive for that job or have some personal issue that you can't seem to put aside. This thread was derailed in the first page when people made jokes and brought up the ASG and s***ty players (which is fine by me actually). Just don't pin that on me. I was actually trying to make a valid post. Why don't you whine about the posters who are talking about Leino and Kopecky?

I don't think anyone is a better two-way forward than Pavel. I've said that before. Is that the great discussion you were looking for? Highly entertaining, isn't it? Pavel and then probably Hank.

Edited by GMRwings1983

If you adjust for quality of competition, Zetterberg is much better than Kesler.

Just saying.

Z has shutdown Crosby sure but Kesler hasn't really had a shot at that yet. Other then that, Z doesn't really have that hard of matchups really. Him and Datsyuk usually line match not just Z by himself

Good thing you're not a mod then. You seem too sensitive for that job or have some personal issue that you can't seem to put aside. This thread was derailed in the first page when people made jokes and brought up the ASG and s***ty players (which is fine by me actually). Just don't pin that on me. Why don't you whine about the posters who are talking about Leino and Kopecky?

I don't think anyone is a better two-way forward than Pavel. I've said that before. Is that the great discussion you were looking for? Highly entertaining, isn't it? Pavel and then probably Hank.

Lol... "What about him! What about him!"

Now Rivalred... you stop that!

Feel better?

Sorry if I think its really stupid to bring up Wayne Gretzky and compare him to post-lock out shut-down players. Your comparison is awful. Messier? That guy was a shut down forward when clutch-grab-throw people on the ice was encouraged. May as well talk about Gordie Howe.

If you adjust for quality of competition, Zetterberg is much better than Kesler.

Just saying.

Those two have quite the chippy battles with lots and lots of junk talk and a slash/shove/hook here and there.

HFboards is full of dimwits.

The HF Wings board? See, they say the same thing about LGW. I don't know who to believe.

Lol... "What about him! What about him!"

Now Rivalred... you stop that!

Feel better?

Sorry if I think its really stupid to bring up Wayne Gretzky and compare him to post-lock out shut-down players. Your comparison is awful. Messier? That guy was a shut down forward when clutch-grab-throw people on the ice was encouraged. May as well talk about Gordie Howe.

Tie Blake!

Marcel Dionne!

Sean Avery!

Those two have quite the chippy battles with lots and lots of junk talk and a slash/shove/hook here and there.

The HF Wings board? See, they say the same thing about LGW. I don't know who to believe.

When in doubt, look within.

Why would we want to turn Pavel or Hank of each other. Wouldn't be more beneficial to combine their efforts to create a very effective and potent combo?

Say we put them together on a line together and since they both are from Europe we could the pair the "Euro Twins" or something, how does that sound?