• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

Money On The Board Deetroit Style!

Rate this topic

We are shamelessly stealing this from the Columbus fans! Let's all chip in a little (or a lot!) for a Wings win tonight and tomorrow. The Ilitch family has their own foundation, so we could donate to that OR we can donate specifically to the DRW Foundation (proceeds going to Konstantinov and Mnatsakanov and their families) for a win, or to Children's Hospital in the event of a not-so-fun outcome. I vote for the latter.

I'm kicking it off with 5 bucks. Anyone else who's in, PayPal address is wingsdiva@gmail.com.

*edit* For those who don't know me, no need to be concerned - the money will get to where it belongs. Matt knows where I live!

If I wasn't a cash strapped college student I would participate...this could be the start of something really cool here.

Good On Everyone who donates. :clap: I applaud you all

I'm fresh out of college, but paying tons for student loans and unfortunately am still unemployed. I wish I could participate, but good luck regardless!

This is great! Thanks to all who contribute and those who contribute in spirit!

I have called the manager of Ilitch Charities and am waiting for a call back to let me know where to donate the money. I'm hoping I can just PayPal it. :)

If I wasn't a cash strapped college student I would participate...this could be the start of something really cool here.

Good On Everyone who donates. :clap: I applaud you all

This.

If I had the extra cash laying around, I'd be all for participating. Good luck!

Edited by Selliria

I just got off the phone with Kim Moses, who is the manager of Ilitch charities. She informed me the Wings have not been directly involved with the Konstantinov/Mnatsakanov fund directly since about 2005. Even the Toast of Hockeytown funds do not get funneled in their direction anymore. She is checking for me to see who we could send the money to if the Wings win and we decide that's where to send the money. A donation in case of a loss would go directly to Children's Hospital. We need to decide what course we'd like to take first in case of a win, K/M or the DRW Foundation; next we need to decide what name the donation will be made in - the Wings or LGW?

I'm in the same boat as the other starving college students here, but I support this in spirit. I vote for LGW getting their name on the donation, and anything involving sick kids can't go wrong. They need help more than anyone.