• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:30 PM

So Staal gives Prust a left hook, but Prust's head flies to his right...doesn't make sense. Either way, bad sucker punch by Staal, bad acting by Prust.

What do you all think?

Staal was tossed out of the game for that.

Eager got 4 games for this:
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#2 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:31 PM

Hmm, bad play by Staal, put the ref in a bad position I think. In retrospect it looks like a weak match penalty and a dive, but a first glance it looked like a blatant cheapshot.

Don't like this play all around.

#3 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:33 PM

Prust was also laughing on the bench when they showed the replay on the jumbotron.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#4 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

Well, he sold it well.

#5 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:36 PM

nothing like eager's. eager went out of his way to get armstrong. this was a retaliation and also acting job

#6 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:47 PM

A dumbass reaction to a clean hit, give him the 4 games, fake or no-fake this doesn't belong in the game.
Im sick of players getting pissy over a clean hit. I think a intent to injure needs to be claimed every time this happens.
Just because I hate all things Penguins, because of the hype, i hope Prust gets his revenge.
Maybe just sucker punch Crosby and start the concussion train.

#7 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:32 PM

SOMEBODY GIVE THIS GUY A PHYSICS LESSON!

#8 IceMunkee

IceMunkee

Gangster-ish

• HoF Booster
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:48 PM

Prust got away with the league under debate about head... Anything?

Eager? I have been youtubing Probie and Kocer fights. I think that is a punk move to the way the fella's used to square up. In my opinion Eager pulls a bertuzzi without the injury.
www.thedscene.com
@Gay4Datsyuk
Check It Out!

#9 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:49 PM

He should be arrested.

Posted Image

#10 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:00 PM

^^^^ Posted Image
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#11 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:18 PM

2 minutes for roughing, 2 minutes unsportsmanlike - diving
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#12 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:20 PM

Dumb move by Staal.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#13 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:27 PM

2 minutes for roughing, 2 minutes unsportsmanlike - diving

Basically how I saw it.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#14 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:36 PM

One guy threw a sucker punch and one guy went down like a sucker.

Prust must have majored in drama.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#15 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:59 PM

Horrible act by Prust. I would be surprised if there was a suspension. Merely a retaliatory shot from Staal, unlike Eager's cheap shot.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#16 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:54 AM

It's certainly not the worst thing I've ever seen, but it was a ***** move by Staal. Reminiscent of Tootoo on Robidas, just not nearly as bad. I just wish Boyle had given him a nice way to remember not to do s*** like that.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#17 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:58 AM

Staal already hit him once, i think his punch wasn't needed.
A dive, really? Even if he did dive, this shouldn't be a place where that would be called, everyone was battling, Staal clearly punched at him.
I skate up, punch out the opposition goalie, and we both get penaltys because I say he dove, I punched his helmet, he has to be ok.
I'm fine with the call on the ice, and and hoping for atleast a game, for Stall to think about keeping his hands on his stick.

#18 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:52 AM

Good for my fantasy team for the PIM's, but potentially costly for a suspension.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#19 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,458 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:58 AM

I'm not sure if it was much of a sucker punch at all, they players were scuffling and Staal responded with a punch. Both guys were facing each other and roughing each other up. Staal has been suspended for 1 game (automatic because of the match penalty). The only way he avoids suspsension now is if the league deems the call on the ice unjustified.

I didn't watch the game though, wondering what the announcers had to say. While I can understand seeing a sucker punch, it obviously wasn't that nasty, wondering if you think it's a sucker punch, it's automaticlly a match penatly?

I guarantee you this, if Prust didn't put on the acting show, Staal probably escapes with just a 2 minute roughing penalty.

#20 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:26 AM

As far as cheapshots go, that wasn't brutal, but it's still a suckerpunch. It looks like a dive, but honestly I'd cut Prust some slack. It wasn't that hard but he took an unexpected punch right on the button. It's possible his collapse was real.

Of course, it would also kind of mean he has a glass jaw. :P