• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drake_Marcus

Seabrook extended for 5 years at $5.8 million per year

Rate this topic

Good thing Crawford's put amazing numbers up so far and has to be re-signed this summer. :thumbup:

Sweet, i was agreeing with you :thumbup:

Although, he won't command a hefty salary since this is his rookie year and he is 26. hawks will look at Jimmy howard and see that sophomore slumps exist in goalies and not offering Crawford more than 2mil a season.

Brouwer can ask for at least $2.5 or $3M since he is on pace for another 20G season. Kopeckey is doing a little bit more scoring which might mean a raise for him somewhere around $1.5 - $1.8 tops.

Brouwer might get that much, but Kopecky will definitely get more than what you're saying. He moved up to the top six this season and is going to score around 50 points while being one of the Hawks' better defensive forwards.

Is Seabrook better than Stuart? To me they are similar players.

Seabrook is better than Stuart, but he's not worth more than maybe $4m-$4.5m.

Brouwer might get that much, but Kopecky will definitely get more than what you're saying. He moved up to the top six this season and is going to score around 50 points while being one of the Hawks' better defensive forwards.

Seabrook is better than Stuart, but he's not worth more than maybe $4m-$4.5m.

He moved to top six out of necessity. You are right as he might be able to get more but I said that price range because he does not have a history of being a legitimate top six guy. I know how you don't like the plus minus stat but for him having the lowest +/- on the team he doesn't seem that important defensively.

Big, young, RH, shutdown defenseman. Plays in all situations. Hits. Blocks shots. Has performed well in the playoffs. Should still be improving.

I wouldn't call it a bargain, but it's not overpayment either.

not to mention the fact that if keith didn't have seabrook on the point with him last year keith doesn't sniff norris candidate let alone win it. all the hawks games i've seen this year, they've been separated and seabrook has been far and away the hawks best dman. keith has been marginal this year and without playing with seabrook so much his point production has gone down. if seabrook had more points last year instead of playing immaculate defensive defence so keith could take the amount of chances he did to get points, seabrooks name would have been on the norris. i've said it numerous times...the only guys in the NHL that i would want to take Lidstroms spot when he retires is in order 1 - Chara, 2 - Weber, 3 - Seabrook and before signing the 5 year deal with CHI, Seabrook was the only realistic option (thru RFA of course). too bad.

Overpayment, but there are worse people for whom one could overpay, and it could be a bigger overpayment. I feel he's more of a ~$5m player but he likely would have picked up a pile in free agency due to the lust for defensemen, so ~5.8 probably ultimately works out as a discount even though its above his play value.

The Hawks fans will be here. You can always count on that. Unfortunately.

Oh and I quote Campoli:

"It's a young core group that's had a lot of success, so that's exciting. My game is skating, moving the puck and chipping in on the offensive side. It looks like a good fit, where I'll be able to do that and play to my strengths."

Hehehe... He said it! DRINK!

Guest Shoreline

It's certainly gonna be fun watching the Blackhawk salary cap circus this summer.

Edited by Shoreline

I mean someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they are paying 8 guys approximately 44 million next season (Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook, Campbell, and Hjalmarsson). What's the rough estimate for the cap next season, $60 mil or so?

He moved to top six out of necessity. You are right as he might be able to get more but I said that price range because he does not have a history of being a legitimate top six guy. I know how you don't like the plus minus stat but for him having the lowest +/- on the team he doesn't seem that important defensively.

Kopecky for the most part centered a line between Eager and Fraser in the regular season in 09-10 on a line used primarily for grinding and shutdown purposes. In the playoffs he moved to play on a line with Sharp and Hossa, and has spent much of his time this season with those two. Kopecky is a versatile all-around second-line forward capable of playing offensively, defensively, and physically. He can play all three forward spots well, although he is only mediocre on faceoffs.

this would be the PERFECT opportunity for Mahimahi23 to come and "talk hockey" ...so uh... where is he?

This isn't the thread dedicated to trashing the Hawks and their fans, thus the only one he cares about. And you and I both know he doesn't know s*** about the game so why would he want to come in here and flaunt that?

I mean someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they are paying 8 guys approximately 44 million next season (Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook, Campbell, and Hjalmarsson). What's the rough estimate for the cap next season, $60 mil or so?

62-63 mil

Blackhawks fan here, I come in peace.

The Hawks have 12 players signed for next year at $49.3 million.

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=11

If the cap goes up to 62.5 million (which seems likely given a $375 million beer deal, a new TV deal, and absurdly competitive playoff races) that leaves $13.2 million to sign 11 guys. That doesn't sound that bad at all.

As for Seabrook's contract, I think it is bargain as long as he continues to perform at his current level, which seems likely given his age. Frankly, I'd much rather have him at 5.8 x 5, than something like 5.3 x 3 since that would mean he would be be demanding another raise, this time with a higher cap, in 3 years time.

Let's face it, hockey is growing in popularity and the cap is going to go up and up. I'm ecstatic that the Hawks have their best, youngest players locked up to long term deals in this time of unprecedented growth.

Blackhawks fan here, I come in peace.

The Hawks have 12 players signed for next year at $49.3 million.

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=11

If the cap goes up to 62.5 million (which seems likely given a $375 million beer deal, a new TV deal, and absurdly competitive playoff races) that leaves $13.2 million to sign 11 guys. That doesn't sound that bad at all.

As for Seabrook's contract, I think it is bargain as long as he continues to perform at his current level, which seems likely given his age. Frankly, I'd much rather have him at 5.8 x 5, than something like 5.3 x 3 since that would mean he would be be demanding another raise, this time with a higher cap, in 3 years time.

Let's face it, hockey is growing in popularity and the cap is going to go up and up. I'm ecstatic that the Hawks have their best, youngest players locked up to long term deals in this time of unprecedented growth.

11 guys is a lot of guys. I'll believe a $62.5 million cap when I see it.

Seabrook's a great player, but until the massive contracts to Hossa and Campbell go out the door, he'll never be surrounded by a great surrounding cast on D other than Keith.

Seabrook's a great player, but until the massive contracts to Hossa and Campbell go out the door, he'll never be surrounded by a great surrounding cast on D other than Keith.

I don't know if that's really a big deal though. And what exactly would be a "great surrounding cast"? Detroit? Our defense is worse than the Hawks this year.

Seabrook is a fantastic young dman

Keith is the reigning Norris winner

Campbell (bloated contract aside) is a good player. His offensive skills are superb and he's leading the league with a +28 rating

That's not a bad place to start. I think you'd be hard pressed to find many teams with a better 3 names at the top.

Look at the rest of our lineup? Homer goggles aside, Ericsson, Kindl and Salei are hardly elite players. They're serviceable guys. Not bad players but not standouts either. I don't think they're any better as a group than say, Hjarmalsson, Cullimore and Boynton. A bit different skill set amongst the two groups but I wouldn't say our bottom 3 are way better than their bottom 3.

Chris Campoli is a nice addition as well. Gives them a bit more offensive pop than the 3 guys I mentioned already.

To be honest, I think Campbell has been our best defenseman this season, but yeah, his contract is a huge albatross going forward, especially once he begins to decline. And you may be right about the cap, but I have a hard time believing it's not going to go up a bit more than it did last season given all that's happening in the NHL off the ice.

Either way, I'm satisfied with Seabrook's contract, although it may cost us Hjalmarsson (who is also overpaid) in the off-season.

Edited by Frank the Tank

Believe it.

Believe it.

:clap:

So now what? $15 million to sign ten guys? With Sharp, Brouwer, Kopecky and Stalberg yet to be re-signed? In a year that has a massive cap increase (everyone will be overpaying for crap).

Eighth place, here you come! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

:clap:

So now what? $15 million to sign ten guys? With Sharp, Brouwer, Kopecky and Stalberg yet to be re-signed? In a year that has a massive cap increase (everyone will be overpaying for crap).

Eighth place, here you come! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

all aboard the FAILBOAT!!! :withstupid: Sharp is already signed for 2011-12, and is the only player from this list who matters.

Edited by Frank the Tank

get on the FAILBOAT. Sharp is already signed for 2011-12, and is the only player from this list who matters.

Sorry, troll, I was looking at 2011-12 in capgeek on limited sleep. I don't have the time in my life to be trolling other team's boards.

Fine, $10 million on seven guys, IF guys like Ben Smith and Marcus Kruger stay on the team on their EL deals. Not terrible, but this is still a team that just finished eighth (on the last day of the season) and isn't improving, and still has massive cap issues for 2012-13. If you're just here to flap your "HAWKS ARE AWESOME!!!" pom-poms, I'm not interested. Long-term cap outlook for the Hawks still sucks, unless the cap rises another $5 million per year.

Troy Brouwer doesn't matter to you guys? Lol. I'd love him on the Wings for a seventh round pick. I get the feeling Stan Bowman will qualify him for a million, and Stalberg as well.

Sorry, troll, I was looking at 2011-12 in capgeek on limited sleep. I don't have the time in my life to be trolling other team's boards.

Fine, $10 million on seven guys, IF guys like Ben Smith and Marcus Kruger stay on the team on their EL deals. Not terrible, but this is still a team that just finished eighth (on the last day of the season) and isn't improving, and still has massive cap issues for 2012-13. If you're just here to flap your "HAWKS ARE AWESOME!!!" pom-poms, I'm not interested. Long-term cap outlook for the Hawks still sucks, unless the cap rises another $5 million per year.

Troy Brouwer doesn't matter to you guys? Lol. I'd love him on the Wings for a seventh round pick. I get the feeling Stan Bowman will qualify him for a million, and Stalberg as well.

I'm not going to get into a flame war with you big guy. You were COLOSSALLY WRONG about the salary cap and you were WRONG about Sharp as well. Don't let that stop you from commenting though.:yowza: