• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nevermind

Modano a healthy scratch

Rate this topic

As we've often seen from pretty anybody anybody who has spent time in the top six not named Datsyuk, Zetterberg or Cleary.

I hate to spark a bunch of "You don't know hockey" replies but is floating a part of being a scoring line player?

I don't know about floating being part of a "scoring line player's" game, but it sure seems to be a big part of Modano's game. And it doesn't work well on the third line.

Unless new injuries pop up, I don't see him cracking the lineup just yet, even with the game that slowly went into doubt today. Even though today didn't need to be nerve-wracking, overally in the grand scheme of things these 2 games have gone very well considering how much we've worried about inconsistent play and whatever else.

And I'd be one of the first people that would be thrilled to see him play even though he's had a frustrating season overall, but if it isn't broken (or not completely broken), no need to fix anything.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

agreed that detroit needs eaves, miller and draper out there.

Draper doesnt lose faceoffs, miller and eaves are gritty and hit.

IF ANYTHING, if hudler flops terribly, mo comes in then, but other than that or injuries, i really dont see him coming in soon.

I think Mo's injury just killed any chance he had of really finding a niche with the team.

Helm really took a step forward. Abby coming on strong late. Draper holding up well. Miller and Eaves always work hard and find a way to pitch in...

Add that to 8 top-6 forwards, and Mo is #14 on the depth chart. I've always liked Mo and had hoped he'd find a nice place on the team, hopefully go out in style...but now I think he (and his fans) just have to accept being an injury replacement. It'll be a tough enough choice finding someone to sit once Hank is ready to go.

I think Mo's injury just killed any chance he had of really finding a niche with the team.

Helm really took a step forward. Abby coming on strong late. Draper holding up well. Miller and Eaves always work hard and find a way to pitch in...

Add that to 8 top-6 forwards, and Mo is #14 on the depth chart. I've always liked Mo and had hoped he'd find a nice place on the team, hopefully go out in style...but now I think he (and his fans) just have to accept being an injury replacement. It'll be a tough enough choice finding someone to sit once Hank is ready to go.

yeah, basically. tough decisions for when hank comes back. Good luck, babcock.

agreed that detroit needs eaves, miller and draper out there.

Draper doesnt lose faceoffs, miller and eaves are gritty and hit.

IF ANYTHING, if hudler flops terribly, mo comes in then, but other than that or injuries, i really dont see him coming in soon.

agreed. especially with the penalty parade, we need eaves, miller, draper to kill penalties. those guys will be in. its hudler or modano

Hudler has been invisible as of late imo, give my man a shot to show everyone hes still got it!

I could see both Hudler and Modano scratched to be honest when Z comes back.

Hudler averaged just under 9 minutes a game so far these playoffs and both times he logged the least amount of ice time on the team.

I've been really, really impressed with our bottom line of Draper, Helm and Eaves.

To me they've been playing perfect playoff hockey. Eaves in particular has been so impressive, winning so many battles, hitting, even creating scoring chances. Keep it up Patty! :thumbup:

Hudler has been invisible as of late imo, give my man a shot to show everyone hes still got it!

Hudler has been effective away from the puck and scored a big goal on a primarily individual effort.

Only one word in that sentence applies to how Modano has played this season; individual.