Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#82 blues_demitra38

blues_demitra38

Rookie

• Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:35 PM

If the Red Wings lose tonight I will blame it solely on Mike Babcock's refusal to insert Mike Modano in the lineup.

#83 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:43 PM

If the Red Wings lose tonight I will blame it solely on Mike Babcock's refusal to insert Mike Modano in the lineup.

Bit of an over-reaction, eh?

I'd like to see Modano in, really just to show the guys that underperformance = get benched and replaced by someone else. Shake things up a bit.

#84 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,709 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:58 PM

Willa Ford, is that you?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#85 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:18 PM

Bad move Babs Mo should be in!

#86 Petrafire

Petrafire

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:18 PM

we have to put Modano in he would help our Power play and help win faceoffs and he knows what it takes to win a cup he has heart which looks like Franzen has no heart

#87 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:04 PM

Mo played great during his one game. He didnt really have heart during the regular season, but these are the playoffs. I think I would rather have Modano in over Miller, Hudler, and Abdelkader right now but that could just be my Modano man crush speaking.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#88 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:02 PM

What was the point of even signing him if you aren't going to use him when you need to make a change.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#89 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:23 PM

Should of played him over Hudler, abs, or Bert.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#90 blues_demitra38

blues_demitra38

Rookie

• Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:46 PM

Won't say "I told you so"....Won't say it...

#91 blues_demitra38

blues_demitra38

Rookie

• Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:54 PM

In all seriousness, is there an explanation why Mike isn't in the lineup? His appearance in the Phoenix series was very promising as he showed speed, skill and playmaking ability. Down 2-0 in a must win game and in need of a shakeup, why NOT put him in for an under-performing player? Forget that he is a future Hall of Famer and deserves better than this, can anybody explain his benching from a hockey decision standpoint?

#92 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:09 AM

In all seriousness, is there an explanation why Mike isn't in the lineup? His appearance in the Phoenix series was very promising as he showed speed, skill and playmaking ability. Down 2-0 in a must win game and in need of a shakeup, why NOT put him in for an under-performing player? Forget that he is a future Hall of Famer and deserves better than this, can anybody explain his benching from a hockey decision standpoint?

He's benched for the same reason Hudler and Flip are on a line together and Rafalski and Ericsson are a d-pairing.

...Ladies and gentlemen, Mike Babcock has been drugged.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#93 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:01 AM

With this possibly being the final game of Modano's career, he has to be given a fighting chance. Bench Hudler and put Mo in.

#94 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:46 AM

They got nothing to lose now, might as well give him a shot, the 3rd line or Flipper and Hudler hasn't made much of a dent at all this series, get Modano in for Hudler perhaps. And for people who says Modano is lazy or before Hudler's biggest fan yells at me with Hudler doing well or whatever, I get it. Again, Modano played solid in his one playoff game so far, they are all but done, might as well give it a shot even if he just plays 8-10 minutes.

#95 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:52 AM

They got nothing to lose now, might as well give him a shot, the 3rd line or Flipper and Hudler hasn't made much of a dent at all this series, get Modano in for Hudler perhaps. And for people who says Modano is lazy or before Hudler's biggest fan yells at me with Hudler doing well or whatever, I get it. Again, Modano played solid in his one playoff game so far, they are all but done, might as well give it a shot even if he just plays 8-10 minutes.

At this point there's really no reason not to
IPB Image

#96 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:54 AM

Hopefully he sits again.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#97 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:16 AM

With this possibly being the final game of Modano's career, he has to be given a fighting chance. Bench Hudler and put Mo in.

I posted something similar in another thread - that with this being potentially the last game of the year they absolutely should put Modano in the line up. However, I don't particularly think it should be at Hudler's expense as he played well last night.

Regardless, Modano has to play in Game 4. No matter how they view the series, the Wings organization should do right by Modano and play him in what could easily be his last NHL game and last game at the Joe. If the Wings do in fact lose we should be given the chance to give Modano a proper send off in what will almost for sure be his inevitable retirement this summer. It would be a classy move and at least put a silver lining on an otherwise disappointing series. I say send him out in the right way. Give him the respect he deserves for coming to Detroit and trying to accomplish something (even though it just didn't work out)
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#98 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:39 AM

Play him.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#99 Grim

Grim

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:21 PM

don't waste the energy folks. modano won't ever suit up for the Wings again.

#100 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

I'd play him tonight.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman