• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingschamps

Game 3 JIP

Rate this topic

I did a quick comparison using the DirecTV search page linked above and the blackout zones for GCL, and they are almost identical. Even the border markets are pretty accurate, for example Cleveland OH is blacked out for PIT on GCL, and the DirecTV search shows that Cleveland gets Root Sports, the Penguins network.

Thank you drumnj

Well where I'm at the territory is classified as a Minneapolis/Chicago/St. Louis region. However GCL doesn't block St. Louis, which is good, St. Louis is really freaking far away (Chicago is too, but 10 miles less than St. Louis, kind of peeved about the Chicago blackout).

Don't change it! :cool:

I have Center Ice thru Comcast (I live in Colorado), and the game will be on Center Ice tomorrow, channel 13 (which is 493 for Colorado Comcast viewers). No high def, but at least I can see it!

I don't think thats what they meant by JIP. ;)

derp - I was just browsing on my phone and clearly didn't read much. That's what I get for being a smart guy. :P In any case, i suppose it's a gyp that the game will be JIP.

Edited by kook_10

For all those who have Directv (outside of Michigan), I saw tonight that the alternate Versus channel (604 I believe) has the Vancouver/Nashville game on while the Caps/Lightning game was on.

You might want to try that channel tomorrow (if the game doesn't show up on Center Ice).

^ I found that odd myself. You would think with two games already on the slate for Wednesday they would spread them out a little. It's the NHL, what do you expect? Logic?

NHLN needs to change their schedule, and show the Wings game instead.

Washington is done anyway, so there's no point in showing game 4.

For all those who have Directv (outside of Michigan), I saw tonight that the alternate Versus channel (604 I believe) has the Vancouver/Nashville game on while the Caps/Lightning game was on.

You might want to try that channel tomorrow (if the game doesn't show up on Center Ice).

:siren:

I was just about to post this for all that were wondering. I'm going to edit the title of this thread so people know to check.

Thanks.

If it doesn't work, I'm holding you responsible. ;)

Well, I'm gonna need a stream...anyone know if any of the big sites are providing streams?

Or anywhere else I can get one? I have a hockeystreams.com account, but my subscription ran out last week!

Thanks.

If it doesn't work, I'm holding you responsible. ;)

Hey now, I was merely making a suggestion. :D

My real hope is that the program list updates and I can see that the game is on Center Ice channel 773 (per the Directv website and the Center Ice schedule - http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/nhl_schedules)

For those that don't know, this how things are based with Center Ice....pertains to other optional feeds.

I'll break it down, since people still get confused (after 5 years).

Game is on 4 (technically 5, but ignoring the French one) channels in North America Wed:

TSN2 - Canadian national

FSD - RSN (all of Michigan)

CSN-CA - RSN (all of California north of Bakersfield and the greater Reno/Carson City NV areas)

VS (JIP) - US national

How blackouts work is, if there is a game on nationally the subscription service (GCL & CI) have to block you from the other channels showing it. GCL does both regional and national, since they want you to watch on TV...how it's contracted.

SO for Wed, VS does not have national rights (JIP) for US, TSN2 does for Canada::

If you live in Canada with or without Center Ice (and/or GCL) - options are:

TSN2

If you live in Michigan with or without Center Ice (and/or GCL) - options are:

FSD

VS (when prior game ends)

If you live in California north of Bakersfield and the greater Reno/Carson City NV areas with or without Center Ice (and/or GCL) - options are:

CSN-CA

If you live anywhere else in the US than areas previously mentioned with Center Ice (and/or GCL) - options are:

GCL Stream

FSD

CSN-CA

If you live anywhere else in the US than areas previously mentioned without Center Ice (and/or GCL) - options are:

Obviously your cable/satellite service has to have the national or regional channel going off the options available. Example...If you live in Michigan but your cable/satellite package doesn't already include FSD and you don't subscribe to Center Ice, you're SOL.

Oh and sometimes zipcodes vary between GCL and CI. It's kind of strange, so bordering regions can be hit or miss. Directv has a good system for finding what region you are in when it comes to territories....however this doesn't necessarily translate to GCL.

As you can tell by my handle . . . Sharks fan living in Las Vegas which makes it tough to figure out what freakin' channel Game 3 will be on. But we're all hockey fans here so here's what I found out.

Drumnj and Wingsinaz are correct. I know this to be true because I talked to a guy in scheduling at the NHL office in NYC and a guy in programming at Versus in Philly. Versus will have exclusive rights to Bruins-Flyers at 7:00pm EDT and plans to join Sharks-Wings whenever the first game ends. But Versus does not have exclusive rights to Sharks-Wings so it will air on FSN-Detroit and CSN-California for anyone in those local territories or anyone outside the local territories who subscribe to CI or GCL.

The guy at Versus also told me Sharks-Wings would be on VS-Alternate at 8:00pm EDT although it might flip to the VS primary channel when the Bruins-Flyers game is over. But, as always, your ability to actually watch or record this game may be affected by your cable/satellite provider.

My question is . . . why do you Red Wings fans want to watch the Sharks win again?? :ph34r:

Hey now, I was merely making a suggestion. :D

My real hope is that the program list updates and I can see that the game is on Center Ice channel 773 (per the Directv website and the Center Ice schedule - http://www.directv.c...s/nhl_schedules)

Mine updated this morning. It was still saying MLB last night and this morning it says NHL Hockey, Sharts @ Wings. FSD feed, but not in HD though :(

Can anyone in the U.S. who gets Center Ice pls confirm afterwards whether the full game was in fact available on Center Ice?<...>

Yes, it was available on Center Ice here in San Diego (Time Warner Cable).