• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cali-Wing-Nut

Anybody think Gm 2 was OVER OFFICIATED?

Rate this topic

First thread here so hello. After close to 5 years elsewhere Ive gone to Redder pastures.

Wanted to bring up a subject that has been touched on but not the way I think it should have.

After Gm 1 I knew there was going to be a change in officiating, most likely to give the Wings a bit of momentum. Wuddya know a minute in and we get a call. And for every two minutes (on average) after that there was a penalty for either team.

Just have to wonder if the fact we never got playing as a whole team that affected Gm 2?

We were on Special Teams over and over as were the Sharks and the game never really turned into a game. More like a game of catch waiting for someone to miss a pitch.

Calls were even to both teams so dont call me a Conspiracy theorist, my hat is still made of felt not tin foil, but the game IMO never got going.

Personally I dont think we saw either team get going in 60 minutes. That can be argued as a potential part of the game but Im appaled that more people arent talking about the officiating for BOTH teams.

If I posted something that has already been started I apologise, first post on a new forum Ive yet to get rolling here.

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut

hey great post in my opinion but just because you put reffing in the topic you will probably get crucified. Is it so hard to ask for a game to just be fairly officiated for both sides. These refs act like they need to change momentum of games to help either losing team. I find that any team that is getting blown out always gets the calls in their favor and the refs will in turn do the opposite for a team that is dominating.

All i want is a game that is called fairly and doesnt change from the circumstances or the time of the game.

Yeah, I was getting pretty sick of it during the game. I mean, if it's a blatant penalty, call it. Otherwise, let them play--it's supposed to be the ******* playoffs.

Hockey is meant to be played 5 on 5. It's the only way a team's lines can get into any sort of rhythm.

Regardless though, the Wings got to play a hell of a lot better.

its just one of those things where they will let all the dangerous interference boarding and roughing go and then call a stupid hook. There is no question that the wings lost because of there own play but it just makes it brutal and frustrating to watch.

hey great post in my opinion but just because you put reffing in the topic you will probably get crucified. Is it so hard to ask for a game to just be fairly officiated for both sides. These refs act like they need to change momentum of games to help either losing team. I find that any team that is getting blown out always gets the calls in their favor and the refs will in turn do the opposite for a team that is dominating.

All i want is a game that is called fairly and doesnt change from the circumstances or the time of the game.

Oh I know someone will overlook what Im saying and figure me a "We lost cause of the refs" hopefully not. Im not saying we lost the game on officiating. I was pissed about the game in general.

It is no fun to watch a game where a penalty minute is called for every 2.1 minutes (on average).

I think the game was over officiated and for the wrong things.

Jeremy Roenick even said they were calling "Ticky Tack" penalties although I think he was referring to the Sharks calls but none the less they were "ticky tack".

The game was a joke in my honest opinion. No hockey game should be played 5-4, 4-4, 4-3 for a large portion of the game. Especially not in a Semi Final game good god.

I left another place cause they couldnt even see what I was saying. If we lose fine, I find the good things of our game and wait for the next. When you watch a competition that was anything but that its really no fun and, at lease for me, is a reason to fast forward to the end of the game.

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut

Meh, they let a ton of stuff go, I didn't have too many complaints about the penalties they did call (apart from the Holmstrom one where they ignored him being raped).

What did annoy me was the face-offs. FFS, every single damn face-off took 30 seconds as the linesman teased the players once, twice, randomly kicked out one of the centers, teased them again, then finally dropped the puck. Drove me mad.

Guest CaliWingsNut

To the OP:

First off... you need a new name! :ranting::lol:

Second off... I think both games have seen too many penalties called, and most have been for poor reasons or bad calls.

To the OP:

First off... you need a new name! :ranting::lol:

Second off... I think both games have seen too many penalties called, and most have been for poor reasons or bad calls.

I came from Hockeytown Hoopla under the same name... Then I was banned for calling it how I saw it.

Ill see what I can do to change it

Guest CaliWingsNut

I came from Hockeytown Hoopla under the same name... Then I was banned for calling it how I saw it.

Ill see what I can do to change it

You can keep it if ya want far as I'm concerned, but I do post here quite a bit... and not everyone likes me. :cool:

You can keep it if ya want far as I'm concerned, but I do post here quite a bit... and not everyone likes me. :cool:

LOL I cant win for losing HAHA

Dunno what to say. I leave one forum cause I call out an admin to come to a forum with someone that doesnt have a stellar rep.

Guess its just my luck.

I am gonna need to change it though. Our names are way too similar and you have 2k+ posts.

Ill contact an admin to change it.

Personally I kept it so the people that knew me from there know me here.

BTW at least we agree on things haha. Is your first name Matt? If so I gotta meet you cause youre my twin brother.

Were you at Game 1? I swa a guy wearing a WingNut hat in the crowd of the Sharks street rally. If so you saw me and my dad up above the stage they had setup yell GO WINGS to everyone down below.

Never saw so many middle fingers pointed my way lol

Guest Grayne Wetzky

What's funny is that the LINESMEN did the worst job in Game 2. The amount of players getting kicked out of the circle / jerky puck drops was bugging the s*** out of everyone in the stands. I couldn't believe it.

What did annoy me was the face-offs. FFS, every single damn face-off took 30 seconds as the linesman teased the players once, twice, randomly kicked out one of the centers, teased them again, then finally dropped the puck. Drove me mad.

Where I was watching we kept screaming "drop the puck already!". Totally breaks the flow of the game.

I definitely agree in principle with what the OP said. I think there were some 'ticky tack' calls as well. But at the same time I think there were some calls that should have been made that weren't. So maybe I'm a bit on the fence here.

To me, I'd rather just see the blatant things get called and the little, insignificant things that go both ways be let go. I think most of us (fans) would prefer it that way. If you negate a scoring opportunity, hurt someone, or delibrately/blatantly break a rule then you get called for a penalty.

I was thinking that towards the end of the second. There was no way to get any momentum. But of course, the Sharks had to deal with the same crap, so...

Yeah I know the Sharks did which made the game suck ass. Weve been in a few games this season like that and they were a snooze fest. Big problem after falling asleep and waking back up, theyre still playing in the 1st period from all the stoppages.

I hope Gm 3 flows better and doesnt get whistled down every 10 seconds. Win or lose I wanna see it won or lost by the players not the zebra men

For how close these games have been it has really been a boring series. Constant man advantages and delays in the face-off circles killed a lot of momentum for both teams.

For how close these games have been it has really been a boring series. Constant man advantages and delays in the face-off circles killed a lot of momentum for both teams.

Face-offs are ridiculous. Hover your hand, drop an object and get out of the way. Wtf is so hard?!?

Edited by Broken 16

I think as a whole the league has gotten more officiated. I remember when I first started following a penalty with a one goal lead in the last 2-3 minutes of play was unheard of. Now it seems when there's a one goal lead in the playoffs powerplays are abound.

I think as a whole the league has gotten more officiated. I remember when I first started following a penalty with a one goal lead in the last 2-3 minutes of play was unheard of. Now it seems when there's a one goal lead in the playoffs powerplays are abound.

Exactly. The last few minutes used to be a nasty dogfight. Now players just skate into the slot, wait till they feel a stick and throw their head back looking for a call. It really is kinda sad what the NHL has become.

IMHO, I think the wings (besides abby ofc) came out too passive and un-aggressive in fear of getting called on bad penalties (end of game 1). So this set the tone for the wings in the beginning, and with the added calls it kept up the lackadaisical play throughout. From what I remember there weren't many penalties at the end of the third which is when the wings really started pushing the offensive play...

A great example I saw in the 1st period is Helm had a chance to completely dominate someone in the offensive zone behind the net (much like the hit he placed on Jovanaski or w/e in the phx series), instead he stopped right at him with no contact at all.