• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Din758

Thornton slash on Z

Rate this topic

Whats does a player have to do to get the instigator, not being sarcastic, I just have no idea how its decided

I think this Thornton slash was a perfect example why there are referees who tell what you can and can't do. Even though, ironically the refs didn't see the play either. In that case it wasn't easy to see from the bench who Thornton slashed or did he even slash anyone (of course we saw what actually happened from the replay).

What if there were no instigator and we trusted players to do the policing? And what if Thornton hadn't actually slashed Z, but some tough guy on the bench though he did? Would it be right if that player decided to "punish" Thornton in the next shift for example?

Just let the referees do their job and let the players concentrate on playing. And before someone yells: "But the refs suck and can't do their job!!!". Yeah, they make mistakes as well, but letting players police themselves isn't the solution for that. Solution is getting better referees through educating, training and searching them from around the world (like they do with the players).

Edited by Finnish Wing

I think this Thornton slash was a perfect example why there are referees who tell what you can and can't do. Even though, ironically the refs didn't see the play either. In that case it wasn't easy to see from the bench who Thornton slashed or did he even slash anyone (of course we saw what actually happened from the replay).

What if there were no instigator and we trusted players to do the policing? And what if Thornton hadn't actually slashed Z, but some tough guy on the bench though he did? Would it be right if that player decided to "punish" Thornton in the next shift for example?

Just let the referees do their job and let the players

concentrate on playing. And before someone yells: "But the refs suck and can't do their job!!!". Yeah, they make

mistakes as well, but letting players police themselves isn't the solution for that. Solution is getting better referees through educating, training and searching them from

around the world (like they do with the players).

I think it's stupid that the instigator rule was put into place. That's what has created all this gutless thugery at the end of games. Regardless of whether it looked like he slashed him or not you don't go after the stars. That has always been in place until Butman took it out of there

Him, Marleau and Murde....I mean Heatley, have to be the biggest playoff chokers in hockey.

They never go down swinging when their team is eliminated from the playoffs. In contrast, their 2nd tier guys have proven themselves much more consistent in the playoffs, namely Clowe, Setoguchi and Pavelski.

The character on that team is wrong, and it starts with Thornton. Neither he nor Marleau are particularly good captains.

man, i really hate that guy. and i don't think it's a, "i hate him because he always plays so good against our team," kind of hatred. he is a very talented player, but i can't stand the cheap shot artist + whiner combination.

in that video from last year's game, i love how he obviously goes out of his way to hit homer after the whistle and is immediately whining to the refs. what a punk.