• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GSBrooks13

Sharks Accuse Canucks of Diving

Rate this topic

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Whew! Ok, now that I got that out of the way, I must say that this diving bulls*** is going to continue untill the nhl takes its head out of its ass and start calling penalties for diving.

I hope when San Jose get eliminated again they finally gut the team and rebuild. Either win the Cup or go away, this is getting really annoying.

I say this half kidding and half serious, whoever loses this series, Burke will take their players for the Leafs. He's mentioned getting the Sedin's or Thornton and Marleau before and has two first round draft picks to trade this year.

From Dan Boyle:

"Their heads are going back like they're being shot with a gun," he said of the reaction by Canucks players when they're met with a body check. "Hopefully the refs see it, most of the time. They got one right in the end at least, though unfortunately I had to go with him."

"Well, they're getting away with it, and it's working for them. So, if it's working why are you going to change it?" he asked. "We just hope the referees watch tape like we do, and they see some of the things other people have seen. There were a few questionable calls, that's for sure. Hopefully the referees pick it up more often than not."

FFS, this has to be one of the most hypocritical things I have ever read.

As we used to say when I was a kid, "Takes one to know one."

OR as the more diplomatic version goes, "Only a true professional can spot another one."

We used to say "I know you are, but what am I ?" I guess this can apply here as well :lol:

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

Honestly it's the best and worst things about this series.

It's nice to watch each team get a taste of their own medicine as their players flop all over the ice, throwing their arms up in disgust when the refs don't bite.

The downside is it's a disgrace to hockey. Especially in the playoffs. Guys playing all out and through unbelievable injuries, it's embarrassing watching other players diving like that.

FFS, this has to be one of the most hypocritical things I have ever read.

See, now, doesn't that statement count as "showing up or embarrassing the officials"? You know, because anything short of "The officials have a tough job and they're doing the best they can" is pretty much an insult. And in turn, sort of like last year, wouldn't that be cause for the officials to exact their own form of phantom call poetic justice?

Guest Shoreline

Edit: Oops. Though the forum ate my post so reposted it.

Edited by Shoreline

Guest Shoreline

See, now, doesn't that statement count as "showing up or embarrassing the officials"? You know, because anything short of "The officials have a tough job and they're doing the best they can" is pretty much an insult. And in turn, sort of like last year, wouldn't that be cause for the officials to exact their own form of phantom call poetic justice?

I agree. The "officials have a tough job and they're doing the best they can" logic is bulls***.

Anyone who think they were just doing the best job they could while for years ignoring hooking, holding, and interference (i.e. obstruction), before the lockout, then suddenly deciding to call it.. well, they need a few brain cells rerouted to this galaxy.

Diving today is exactly like hooking, holding, and interference, before the lockout. The refs and the ref system have collectively decided NOT to call dives over the last few years, with the (now) two exceptions in the last week, despite how absolutely ******* obvious they are in almost every game seen. These refs are not idiots and just suddenly lost their dive-calling mojo they used to have. They have purposely decided not to call it. Ask yourself why and what purpose, if you can actually logically deduce the fact that on this issue the refs are not "doing their best", and therefore not be swayed at all by the "tough job" nonsense.

Refs to me are just like border patrol guards. They have the rule of law to follow, but there is no law about being a nitpicky *******. For this very reason Tomas Holmstrom gets picked on by referees around the goal crease (some of them are interference penalties, most of them are not), and similarly refs eyeing Chara is why he had been acting like a good boy in the face of bad PR from a very vocal (yet ******* crazy) Montreal community during the Boston-Montreal series.

This ref system is, like a border guard, dictated by moods, and whatever the mood (i.e. penalty enforcement) du jour the ref system is in, decides what penalties they call. If you can stand this, by all means then make s*** up about how tough the refs have it. If not, then time to start bitching up a storm because while ambiguity is tolerable, giving the sport which this league represents a bad name is not.