• Please log in to reply
505 replies to this topic

#501 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:57 AM

It just crossed my mind that Ericsson makes more than Kronwall. That just seems wrong.

#502 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:18 AM

It just crossed my mind that Ericsson makes more than Kronwall. That just seems wrong.

Ericsson's cap hit is higher. However, Kronwall will receive more money this year.

Jonathan Ericsson - 11-12 salary - 3.25 mil

Niklas Kronwall - 11-12 salary - 3.75 mil

#503 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

I don't know if I mentioned it here before, but Ericsson does indeed suck total and complete donkey sack. Ericsson is a turn-over machine. Don't let his size fool you, he's a gentle giant. Tim Thomas had more checks last season than Ericsson.

Ericsson isn't getting better, he's getting worse.

He sucks.

Edited by Holmstrom96, 12 July 2011 - 10:43 AM.

#504 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:51 PM

Just wait until next season.

#505 PROBIE4PREZ

PROBIE4PREZ

In Holland I trust.

• PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:10 PM

Honestly with the cap growing and the limited number of FA's who didnt expect this? George Malik even commnented that the D-man signed in St. Louis for the similar amount would bloat his contract. It does suck that he is being paid so well when Kronner is making 3 mill and he's half the dman. But then again Kronwall will locked up for life and will pry get 4.5-5 million next summer so I dont feel so bad.
"I mean, the best thing for my knee, for anyone's knee, is to never play again and retire. But I'm not going to do that." o-captain my captain

#506 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:39 PM

Honestly with the cap growing and the limited number of FA's who didnt expect this? George Malik even commnented that the D-man signed in St. Louis for the similar amount would bloat his contract. It does suck that he is being paid so well when Kronner is making 3 mill and he's half the dman. But then again Kronwall will locked up for life and will pry get 4.5-5 million next summer so I dont feel so bad.

Kronwall signed his contract more than four years ago. It was less than a full season past the start of the salary-cap era. Contract prices weren't back then as they are now. The cap is enormously higher.