• Please log in to reply
258 replies to this topic

#141 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:42 PM

Wouldn't Souray at 1.65 be better than Commodore at 1? I have to wonder about a guy who couldn't crack the Blue Jackets line-up.

I like defensemen better when they defend.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#142 echos myron

echos myron

swag

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:44 PM

Souray has been waived at least 3 times in the past season or so and is a locker room cancer.

#143 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:45 PM

Maybe it won't be a bad signing, but this guy is such a bad joke and a clown. He better not cause any drama. Every time he opens his mouth he's complaining about a coach or about how someone else got promoted ahead of him. This guy never works for anything, expects everything, and causes problems when he doesn't get his way. Babcock is going to eat him alive. I bet by mid-season he's on the bench for the rest of the season.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#144 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:47 PM

Wouldn't Souray at 1.65 be better than Commodore at 1? I have to wonder about a guy who couldn't crack the Blue Jackets line-up.

Absolutely! I just read this on the Yahoo! message board:

"The Dallas Stars have agreed to terms with D Sheldon Souray to a one-year deal worth ($1.65 million).

That's a steal. Where was Holland on this one? Kenny is getting owned, and has been for the last 3 seasons. A washed-up Mike Commodore for 1 million or Sheldon Souray for 1.65, who would you rather have?"

He makes a point.

Are we even still in the Richards sweepstakes? Or were we even in them in the first place?

It's still early.

#145 echos myron

echos myron

swag

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:48 PM

Maybe it won't be a bad signing, but this guy is such a bad joke and a clown. He better not cause any drama. Every time he opens his mouth he's complaining about a coach or about how someone else got promoted ahead of him. This guy never works for anything, expects everything, and causes problems when he doesn't get his way. Babcock is going to eat him alive. I bet by mid-season he's on the bench for the rest of the season.

Way to extrapolate something from 7 years ago over his whole career.

#146 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:49 PM

Souray has been waived at least 3 times in the past season or so and is a locker room cancer.

I think the same can be said for Commodore.

#147 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:51 PM

:fro:

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#148 echos myron

echos myron

swag

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:53 PM

I think the same can be said for Commodore.

Based on what, your dislike of him? I don't recall Commodore ever doing anything like publicly criticizing his own team's management.

#149 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:57 PM

Does Babcock know about this?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#150 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

Posted Image

Commoderp.
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#151 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:00 PM

Way to extrapolate something from 7 years ago over his whole career.

He did it just last season again.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#152 echos myron

echos myron

swag

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:01 PM

aw shucks

#153 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:01 PM

im hoping he'll at least play dirty and bring some physicality
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#154 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:04 PM

Posted Image

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#155 TheRedWingsWay

TheRedWingsWay

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:05 PM

:fro:

Posted Image

#156 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:06 PM

Over a guy who couldnt crack the NHL with Edmonton.

Everyone forgets how good Commy was with Carolina in the playoffs, he got a big pay day from Columbus for that reason. He is big, plays physical, will fight and clear the crease. He is a great signing as a guy to rotate in and out with Smith and Kindl.

He was bad with Columbus but so is pretty much anyone not named Rick Nash, give the guy a chance before deciding its horrible because he went into the wings bench once. People will forget all about it when hes out there and noone is digging at Howard without getting put on their ass

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#157 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

It could be worse I guess. But I think he's looking at it as a significant improvement from Columbus. In that case, I don't blame him.
Posted Image

#158 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:09 PM

I think it's a good move, and for only $1 Million. Plus I think it's better than getting Jovo and/or Jagr.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#159 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:14 PM

Has it got the point where Holland is trolling us?

Ken Holland: He’s (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, he’s a puck hound.

#160 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:16 PM

Everyone forgets how good Commy was with Carolina in the playoffs, he got a big pay day from Columbus for that reason. He is big, plays physical, will fight and clear the crease. He is a great signing as a guy to rotate in and out with Smith and Kindl.

Commodore could become a crowd favorite with a couple big hits.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons