127 replies to this topic

#61 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:40 AM

idk how rfa works but, huds + kindl for yandle/doughty/bogo. sign long term

dont want kindl to go but i think smith will become a better damn then kindl will ever be

#62 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:49 AM

If true, Phoenix is looking for a top line center, although Phoenix media thinks he'll opt for arbitration.
RIP #24

#63 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:05 AM

Just thinking a little outside of the box, maybe kill 2 birds with one stone, get a couple discontents into new surroundings and make both teams winners in a trade?
To Winnipeg:
Hudler, Kindl, Larsson and two, 1st round picks

To Detroit:
Bogosian, Mason

Larsson absolutely tore it up in the SEL last year and could steal the starting role from Pavelec in camp (probably could even give Jimmy a push for the starting gig here) but wasn't willing to play in the AHL anymore and will probably never be in the Wings plans, but is a stud goalie.... They also get some cap to add to the floor in Hudler, and he could return to form with a change of scenery... so it's a good gamble for them(especially since he isn't the centerpiece of this trade). They also get Kindl, who is very NHL ready and showed flashes of top 4 ability last season in his limited role. He could also probably use a change of scenery and would benefit from a more wide open run and gun system like they run there. Add a couple 1st rounders, to build for the future, and I think that's a very good package for them....

Mason on the other hand, looked a litte shaky last year, but could fill a backup role well here and has a reasonable caphit, plus, he looks like he needs a change of scenery as well. We also get a blue chip in Bogosian, who can't come to terms with Winnipeg and would fit our system better than theirs... I think it's win/win

Edited by stevkrause, 02 July 2011 - 08:10 AM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#64 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:20 AM

I would love Yandle. I like what I've seen of him.

I would seriously even include Abby in a trade if I had to. I wouldn't want to, but if that's what it took, I would do it.

Detroit: Gives up Abby, a prospect, Hudler, and a pick to offset the taking of Hudler.

Phoenix: Gives up Yandle, takes Hudler.

EDIT to add: I would try Emmerton or Mursak before I tried Abby. I'd only go Abby if they insisted. The "prospect" in question would be someone lower down- not the aforementioned or Tatar. Probably not Smith unless they gave back the pick and still took Hudler. They would also need to agree to pay for weekly haircuts for Commodore.

Edited by 55fan, 02 July 2011 - 08:56 AM.

#65 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,568 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:50 AM

If true, Phoenix is looking for a top line center, although Phoenix media thinks he'll opt for arbitration.

Perfect. Flip and a pick? Flip and Hudler?

Unfortunately no one wants Hudler as Holland has already tried. But Filpulla would be an acceptable loss in that trade, I think.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#66 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:03 AM

Overpay for Yandle. Right now they have 24 million in cap space. Give then Filppula, Hudler, and picks and projects. Theis brings us handle, gives mursak a little bigger role and we can bring in a gagne or have the cap room to go after Richards if we really wanted to but rather Gagne and save room for next season...

#67 Bryguy

Bryguy

Zata

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:24 AM

To me it takes Filppula or/sheahan/tatar/pulkinnen, smith, 1st, 2nd/ or hudler. Theyll def use what burns got on the market. Maybe even Franzen, kindl, 3rd.

Im not saying I would do these trades, but its not like yandle is a piece of garbage, you gotta actually give up good parts of your team.

#68 RedFX

RedFX

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:31 AM

Oh Yandle's undoubtedly going to be hard to get but at least the Wings have one advantage in that case: Yandle hasn't signed with the Yotes and he appears to want out. That means they'll have to move him to someone. I think he'll cost the Wings some very real assets (and more so than Bogo likely would) but at least the Yotes don't have all the leverage in the deal since everyone knows he wants out.

Your point reminds me of the Phil Kessel Boston thing from a few years ago. The situation dragged on late in the offseason, and all TO had to offer was a series of high draft picks, without prospects.
-15-
Posted Image
"I don't like to be the pony. I like to be on top." -Pavel Datsyuk

#69 Agalloch93

Agalloch93

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:20 AM

I would love Yandle. I like what I've seen of him.

I would seriously even include Abby in a trade if I had to. I wouldn't want to, but if that's what it took, I would do it.

Detroit: Gives up Abby, a prospect, Hudler, and a pick to offset the taking of Hudler.

Phoenix: Gives up Yandle, takes Hudler.

EDIT to add: I would try Emmerton or Mursak before I tried Abby. I'd only go Abby if they insisted. The "prospect" in question would be someone lower down- not the aforementioned or Tatar. Probably not Smith unless they gave back the pick and still took Hudler. They would also need to agree to pay for weekly haircuts for Commodore.

Dude, come on, Abdelkader has garbage value for a player like Yandle. All you're doing is offereing a bunch of scraps for one of the best offensive d-men in the game that is only 24 years old. Please think about that before you offer such a deal. Would you trade, say, Kronwall for Cody McLeod and a pick?

#70 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:29 AM

Your point reminds me of the Phil Kessel Boston thing from a few years ago. The situation dragged on late in the offseason, and all TO had to offer was a series of high draft picks, without prospects.

Yeah, but four firsts might be the cost... Again, a cost I am willing to pay. Most everything we have on the team came without the use of first round picks.

Dude, come on, Abdelkader has garbage value for a player like Yandle. All you're doing is offereing a bunch of scraps for one of the best offensive d-men in the game that is only 24 years old. Please think about that before you offer such a deal. Would you trade, say, Kronwall for Cody McLeod and a pick?

Again, Would it is a different story if Kronwall said he wanted out of town. His value falls too, and it isn't like these deals are McLeod and a pick. We are talking 6+ players that will play in the NHL. Most with upside that could make it a steal for them. COULD... but isn't that the point of trading for futures, you HOPE it ends up being better for you.

I think the point here is what could it hurt to offer a big package like that. If they say no we are no worse for wear.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#71 Agalloch93

Agalloch93

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:32 AM

Yeah, but four firsts might be the cost... Again, a cost I am willing to pay. Most everything we have on the team came without the use of first round picks.

Again, Would it is a different story if Kronwall said he wanted out of town. His value falls too, and it isn't like these deals are McLeod and a pick. We are talking 6+ players that will play in the NHL. Most with upside that could make it a steal for them. COULD... but isn't that the point of trading for futures, you HOPE it ends up being better for you.

I think the point here is what could it hurt to offer a big package like that. If they say no we are no worse for wear.

It doesn't matter if he wants out, you still have to make an offer that 28 other teams can't match. Giving up garbage like Abdelkader, Emmerton, Hudler, etc WILL NOT do that. That kind of package won't even get you Dennis Wideman.

#72 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:38 AM

The Yotes might remember Abby differently he scored a sick goal against them! I do really love Yandle and that would be awesome. Not likely but thats alright.

Edited by 13dangledangle, 02 July 2011 - 11:43 AM.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#73 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:44 AM

Do we still think people want Hudler after trying for two solid weeks to trade him? He might either need to stay here or be bought out.

Any discussion of Yandle with Phoenix will probably require the Wings to throw a real prospect like Smith plus a first round pick.

#74 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:00 PM

Sheahan and/or Nyquist, a pick, and Hudler or Kindl if they want one.

Gets them a really solid prospect or two, a pick (positioning depending on if they take 1 or 2 prospects), and a roster player that could be solid for them. I'd think Kindl would be the better fit for them.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#75 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:17 PM

It'll take:

Filpulla / Helm / Smith / Nyquists + two 1st round draft picks to get them to listen. Would you give that up?

#76 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:21 PM

It'll take:

Filpulla / Helm / Smith / Nyquists + two 1st round draft picks to get them to listen. Would you give that up?

Probably not quite that much, but I could see the bolded being the actual deal. And it's a lot, but you're right in that such players take a lot to acquire.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#77 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:33 PM

no way smith goes with 2 first rounders and fil. smith is worth one of those.

i think Fil, Kindl 2 first rounders is more reasonable.

Fil, Kindl, Nyquist, 1st rounder, 3rd rounder

Fil, Hudler, Kindl, 1st rounder

Anyone who says fil and kindl are scraps are complete idiots. i would also explore:

Abby, Hudler, Ericsson + a pick.

Fil, Hudler, Ericsson straight up.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#78 Agalloch93

Agalloch93

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:55 PM

It'll take:

Don't be ridiculous, it would not cost nearly that much.

Why are there two extremes in this thread? You have people that think Emmerton, Hudler, and a 3rd is enough, and the people that think it requires 4 top prospects, 2 firsts, and two good roster players? Come on guys, it's not that hard, use the Burns trade to guide you along.

#79 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:56 PM

no way smith goes with 2 first rounders and fil. smith is worth one of those.

i think Fil, Kindl 2 first rounders is more reasonable.

Fil, Kindl, Nyquist, 1st rounder, 3rd rounder

Fil, Hudler, Kindl, 1st rounder

Anyone who says fil and kindl are scraps are complete idiots. i would also explore:

Abby, Hudler, Ericsson + a pick.

Fil, Hudler, Ericsson straight up.

I doubt Kindl will be acceptable to the 'Yotes. It will have to be Smith.

Sharks had to throw Charlie Coyle to the Wild to get burns, Coyle is a helluva good looking prospect... Smith caliber prospect, imo.

Setoguchi is a much better scorer (younger) with more upside than Filpulla. To make up for that, Holland would have to throw Helm in the mix.

#80 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:58 PM

Don't be ridiculous, it would not cost nearly that much.

Why are there two extremes in this thread? You have people that think Emmerton, Hudler, and a 3rd is enough, and the people that think it requires 4 top prospects, 2 firsts, and two good roster players? Come on guys, it's not that hard, use the Burns trade to guide you along.

THIS. its gonna take one key piece like Fil or Franzen, a high end prospect (kindl or nyquist), and a first rounder. personally id add hudler to the bunch and thats a good deal.

I doubt Kindl will be acceptable to the 'Yotes. It will have to be Smith.

Sharks had to throw Charlie Coyle to the Wild to get burns, Coyle is a helluva good looking prospect... Smith caliber prospect, imo.

Setoguchi is a much better scorer (younger) with more upside than Filpulla. To make up for that, Holland would have to throw Helm in the mix.

so helm is definitely not on the table in the context you put. i could see abby added but not helm. helm is a very special player.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?