• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RusDRW

Jason Arnott

Rate this topic

As far as I remember Arnott has not signed yet. What do you think about getting him for fair price (~2M)? He will allow Filppula to remain our third line center as he should be. The only concern is the speed. He is pretty slow now and need to be paired with faster defensively responsible guys like Cleary. However, he still has a lethal shot from the circle (we did't have that since Hossa left to nowhere in the middle on 2009-2010 season) and could be good on PP.

The Devils are one of my favourite teams aside from the Wings so I watched a fair number of their games last season. Arnott just looked slow and out of place most of the time, the only time he was really effective at all was on the PP. He seemed very slightly improved after he was traded but I still dont think he has the legs to be even moderately effective 5 on 5.

I thought about him to but would rather add a speedy free agent winger like Zherdev or trade for Semin. If they did sign him I would rather him be the third line center and move Filppula up a line or shift Arnott to Dats or Z's wing. He definitely couldn't be on the same line as Bertuzzi though unless you were sending Arnott, Abs, Bertuzzi, White and Commodore out to kill somebody.

He definitely couldn't be on the same line as Bertuzzi though unless you were sending Arnott, Abs, Bertuzzi, White and Commodore out to kill somebody.

they can do that, indeed.

I no way suggested to sign him, just wanted to hear buddies' opinions. Agree in general as we are already too slow...

The Wings already have Bertuzzi and Holmstrom in the slow down the top lines role.

Bert isnt slow and Homer bounces around in the bottom 6 every once in a while. I still wouldnt want Arnott though, he isnt nearly as good as he used to be. Im liking the whole bigger and younger trend that has been going on anyways.