• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stevkrause

I could have made it to the NHL!

Rate this topic

89 posts in this topic

So the Yzerman daughters somehow need to breed with the Lidstrom sons. Luckily there are many ways to facilitate this.

I am also interested in a Gretzky's son and Probert's daughter union.

Some of the Wings kids just need to form a hockey player factory.

Need a bottom six forward? Alright, McCarty's son and Draper's daughter, go at it.

Need a franchise center/defenseman? Yzerman's daugther, Lidstrom's son, you know what to do.

Or how about a goalie? Lidstrom's son and Ozzie's daughter. Do it!

And Brett Lebda's kid, get out of here! You belong to the Ducks or Avs organization. Or maybe that new Abercrombie for kids with the rest of the wannabes.

Some of the Wings kids just need to form a hockey player factory.

Need a bottom six forward? Alright, McCarty's son and Draper's daughter, go at it.

Need a franchise center/defenseman? Yzerman's daugther, Lidstrom's son, you know what to do.

Or how about a goalie? Lidstrom's son and Ozzie's daughter. Do it!

And Brett Lebda's kid, get out of here! You belong to the Ducks or Avs organization. Or maybe that new Abercrombie for kids with the rest of the wannabes.

Looks good on paper, but what if you want a net-front presence who gives good interviews? Homer's boy and Ozzie's girl, of course. But you could end up with a retired goalie who speaks Swenglish. Not sure if the new CBA will allow you to bury that in the minors.

I'll let you guys know what holds me back in the future. I'm 17 years old playing 18AAA hockey. After D1 College comes around, I guess It's only time to find out.

I have the size ( 6'2 175 lbs.) and I have the skill. But the odds are stacked against me. My knees have always been bad, and Ive had more than one disease diagnosed in them.

Adding to my knee injuries Ive broken my wrists 7 times, and have had 5 concussions. I have scars all over my face from sticks and having to get stitches.

I would love to be able to reach the NHL, but with my injury history, it's likely teams would be scared to take a shot. Despite size and skill :/

5 concussions and still playing? A kid on our high school team has had 5 and doctors won't clear him to play.

If i started earlier, If i wouldn't of partyed so much, If i was 3inches taller, If i wasnt old now lol, If i could of scored 111 goals like i did in 2004, and If my school hockey team didn't play in a barn >< lol

if i made better decisions and had some luck. was going to go to a private high school for hockey decided to stay local go to a school that didnt have hockey and be with my friends. Year after i graduated they started hockey. Then I probably would have went to college. I was confident I would have the skill to compete at a pro level but I knew that no matter how good I was or how big I was I would never make it.

maybe being a NHL players child or being born and raised in canada coulda helped too.

I see a lot of you had some bad luck with injuries. I played 6 years of hockey, maybe acquired a few bruises and I was a gritty player.

When I read this, this is the first thing that came to mind.

Great thread Steve. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

And Yeah, I was also surprised at Young Doc Holiday. Maybe we'll have to change his name to Pre-Med Holiday instead. :hehe:

GMRwings1983 and 55fan like this

we should start our own hockey franchise. I'll petition Verizon Arena in Little Rock to home-rink for us. 17,246 for Hockey, so if we could fill that...lol

Since I spent my early 20's on tour and am about to graduate art school, it's fair to say that - 'I could have made it to the NHL if my upbringing had gone completely different'.