• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/22 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Capitals 7

Rate this topic

I am SO looking forward to this game! I watch the Caps when the Wings aren't playing, and this is a huge game for our defense. I don't think we're going to have an easy time of it, so my prediction is 5-4 in OT.

I do kind of wish that Babs had started Conklin last night against CBJ and kept Howard for tonight. Oh well, as long as the defense plays as strong as it can, Conklin should be fine.

I agree with one of the above posters - Pav and Z need to be at their best tonight. Cleary could stand a goal. Helmer too.

Great matchup, though. I really just want to see good skating and 60 minutes of effort.

LGW!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ Happy birthday!

Can't wait! Last night's game was great, and that was just against the BJs! Someone's going home tonight un-undefeated...I know where I'm putting my bet.

I hope Cleary gets a little payoff tonight; he looked good last night, but the puck just wasn't going in the right direction for him. I know Pavs will be great anyway, but I hope he really puts on a clinic in front of Ovechkin, hehe.

I am pretty excited to watch this game and see how long we can keep this streak going. The quicker we can separate ourselves from other teams in the conference the better. I think Brunnstrom will have an immediate impact and at the very least get a point, maybe a goal. 4-3 Wings.

Screenshot of NHL.com talking about Nick's 1500th game:

tumblr_lth4m6eOWR1qzkibv.png

Also, he's the first European-born player to play in 1500 regular season games. For the hell of it, while I maintain my predication of a 4-3 Wings win, I say Captain Perfect here gets a hat trick. Why not.

Edited by Electrophile

I'm on board for this one, definitely raising a glass of the Macallan for Nick. 1500 games is one heck of an achievement, let alone 1500 games played at so consistently high a level by one of the classiest acts to ever lace them up. Nick has been the best of his generation of defenseman and one of the best of all time. We as Wings fans have been fortunate to witness his excellence game in and game out for a long time. I'm hoping the team comes out and plays inspired hockey to win it for him. As a side note I hope the franchise honors him for it at a home game.

I like the Nick hat trick idea, Electrophile, but I'd be fine with 1 goal and multiple assists and a good +/- to shut up the critics. I'd love to see the team go to 6-0 on the season.

why the f*** cant i watch the game?!?!?!

NHLN is showing HNIC and my CI channels both say the wings game is blacked out (because of NHLN)

edit: nevermind. all of a sudden the wings are on... that was a close one!

Edited by dobbles

The pace of this game is awesome! I'm loving the quickness. Great chance for Pavel there.

My only gripe is that I'm stuck with the DC announcers since the Detroit feed is blacked out for me. Oh well, could be worse.