• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/1 GDT: Wild 2 at Red Wings 1 (OT)

Rate this topic

I'm very concerned about Datsyuk...and Zetterberg for that matter. Datsyuk is not his normal self, he's turning the puck over, he had two really good scoring opportunities today, one he whiffed the shot, the other was wide of the net. So sad to see, hopefully he returns to his super human form that was SO fun to watch.

This isn't an OMG panic post, just really hope this is some early season fluke and he returns to form, he is a blast to watch when he is on his game.

I'm a little worried his wrist still has not healed, as he said over the summer it was still bothering him.

Re-watching that third period - The Wild were unbelievably outplayed on every single shift that period. They literally had zero quality scoring chances compared to about ten by the Wings and the toeing goal was on a shot from the point with three deflections, two off Wings players.

Frustrating but at least they were playing well, superbly, in fact.

Re-watching that third period - The Wild were unbelievably outplayed on every single shift that period. They literally had zero quality scoring chances compared to about ten by the Wings and the toeing goal was on a shot from the point with three deflections, two off Wings players.

amongst all the suck on this team Nick Lidstrom remains an absolute boss

Amen to that.

A 41 year old defenseman had more quality scoring chances than most of the ******* forwards.

See how he goes to the net, finds the open spaces, isn't afraid to go the hard areas of the ice AS A FRIGGIN DEFENSEMAN?!

Lidstrom called for the puck on his goal, by the way.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I wish everyone on this team had the same fighting spirit as Jimmy Howard. Did you see his reactions after the game, he was ready to explode, I wouldn't want to be near him in the locker room. Half the players on this team look like the game means nothing to them, they should look to Jimmy's reactions and see what passion is.

Fantastic game from Howard tonight, too bad we're giving him no offense to work with.

Completely agree with you on that. As strange as it sounds, Howards aggression especially near the end of the game gives me hope, while the rest of the team gives off that "well what can ya do" vibe.

Also on a side note:

again im sorry i dont need to compliment often. but in fact ive been tryin to tell you for sometime but i just couldnt find the right time. maybe this wasnt the best time to or maybe it was. but in saying that..if there is something that i say that is very bad and deserves insult then i give you full permission to insult me in any way.

heres something to start: i live in canada, i love the toronto blue jays, im a sap when it comes to movies, and i like to walk around naked in my house. there you go. :)

oh..and go wings. win on thursday

Is it just me or does this post seem like its been written by a man who has some weird fetish of being verbally abused by women :lol: ...:huh:

I'm not going to lie, when we started the season 5-0 I thought there was no chance in hell we would sniff a .500 record all season, boy was I wrong.

I didn't get to watch the game but when I saw the Nyquist-Franzen-bertuzzi line I cringed. I don't know how they played buy I don't ever see that line working well maybe when Nyquist has experienced but to have a rookie finding his way with two guys not known to hustle??? Really?

We need to start sitting guys down, bertuzzi, cleary, and Hudler. I understand why Franzen is at center, but I hate it. I don't know what to do with these lines until a player or two steps up, so I won't even bother. When Zetterberg (whose supposed to be our next captain) isn't leading the team and throwing them on his back, who needs to. Your grit and depth forwards which currently consist of Hudler, Cleary,

Holmstrom, Bertuzzi. They don't have any explosive traits to them at all... Cleary in flashes but that's about it. You need your guys who are going to throw the big hits, grind the hell out of the other team, and yes take runs at guys (clean runs) but FFS let em know there in a damn hockey game not a public skate. This team needs to grow a spine and get a chip in their shoulder. Especially our bottom 6. Top 6 should be finesse, bottom 6 grind em down. Like Malts, Drapes, and Mac did back in the day. The offense came to them because they forced the other team to make mistakes.

Okay I'm done ranting, just frustrated. I was on a huge high after 5 games, 5 games later in worrying. I know it's early but I bet you NO ONE thought we would b right here after the start we had.

/end rant

yep, 1 goal ain't gonna win too many games. bottom lin.

i'm almost wondering now if D & Z haven't been separated because Babcock knows that D isn't 100%. Z is there to solidify the line more.

Datsyuk definitely is not the same player right now.

I love Holmstrom, but he's no longer effective. He skates as fast as Larry Murphy (present day Larry Murphy, not even NHL prime Larry Murphy) and he's got bricks for hands.

Pull out Homer and put in some young blood. Besides, when he scores anyway it gets called back.

I love Holmstrom, but he's no longer effective. He skates as fast as Larry Murphy (present day Larry Murphy, not even NHL prime Larry Murphy) and he's got bricks for hands.

Pull out Homer and put in some young blood. Besides, when he scores anyway it gets called back.

You know, I was thinking this too earlier in the season, but I would say he's given us the most consistent effort out of all our forwards. At least he's working hard every single shift.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Is it just me or does this post seem like its been written by a man who has some weird fetish of being verbally abused by women :lol: ...:huh:

well you got the man part right.. ;)

but as for the abusing part..no...im just saying that Beths insults are just like Tina Turners album released in 1989...that song ..what was it..oh yeah.. "simply the best" :D :D and that it would be an absolute honour to be insulted by someone who has the knowledge, someone who will tell it like it is and not give a hoot aboot it.

oh...and wings rule :)

I have normally been a very big proponent of the reffing in the NHL. Last night, there were missed calls and a couple that I had to question. I am sure that the refs who did the game last night will be hearing about it today.

At the same time though, while everyone wants to blame the reffing, no one wants to point out that the Wings only scored one goal. They can't get more than 1 goal against Josh Harding in 2 games? Can no one see a problem with that? For those of us who play hockey, when we get a pair of bad refs or the reffing isn't going our way, we have two choices.

1. Blame the refs and take a loss.

2. Play through it and do what it takes to win.

The Wings didn't do #1. They outshot and outplayed the Wild, even though the Wild had more PP time. They did what they could to win the game and yet lost on a deflection to tie the game and then a rebound in OT. s*** happens, but thats the way it goes. It is incredibly hard to win a game only scoring one goal.

Edited by Nightfall

Guest stinky fish taco

well you got the man part right.. ;)

but as for the abusing part..no...im just saying that Beths insults are just like Tina Turners album released in 1989...that song ..what was it..oh yeah.. "simply the best" :D :D and that it would be an absolute honour to be insulted by someone who has the knowledge, someone who will tell it like it is and not give a hoot aboot it.

maybe you two can take this to PMs? starting to get really creepy.

yep, 1 goal ain't gonna win too many games. bottom lin.

i'm almost wondering now if D & Z haven't been separated because Babcock knows that D isn't 100%. Z is there to solidify the line more.

Datsyuk definitely is not the same player right now.

So why doesn't Babs mix up the lines accordingly? Instead of having a possibly-injured Datsyuk center the top line, why not put together a new top line with Zetterberg up there. Babcock hardly ever experiments with putting someone on Datsyuk's Wing unless it's to rotate Cleary/Holmstrom/Hudler. Why not something like Abdelkader-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi, something drastically different, for a second line effort? You've got grit-razzle dazzle-a player who would benefit from Datsyuk's slowing the game down.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

the red wings started the game really well. in fact the wild didnt get a shot on net until aboot the halfway mark of the 1st period. they really dominated that period.

This team can't make the playoffs without Kris Draper being on the roster.

I really think losing him is worse than people want to admit. He just worked his tail off game in and game out. That's the type of play we need right now.

Edited by achildr1

Guest stinky fish taco

I really think losing him is worse than people want to admit. He just worked his tail off game in and game out. That's the type of play we need right now.

right. kris draper would really help fix the scoring drought.

Guest stinky fish taco

Someone has a reading comprehension problem. Seriously, this is what you understood from what you quoted?

kris draper "working his tail off" on the 4th line in place of miller, emmerton, etc wouldn't solve anything right now

the team needs to score goals. period.