• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/26 GDT : Predators 1 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

I was talking with Edi about this on Twitter, but watching the way Patrick Eaves hit the ice after getting hit reminded me of when Chris Pronger got hit in the chest with the puck, and it stopped his heart. He hit the ice like a felled tree. It was the first time I can remember actually holding my breath while watching a hockey game, and while I certainly had no love for him (as it continues), the idea that he could have died right there on the ice scared the f*** out of me.

I was talking with Edi about this on Twitter, but watching the way Patrick Eaves hit the ice after getting hit reminded me of when Chris Pronger got hit in the chest with the puck, and it stopped his heart. He hit the ice like a felled tree. It was the first time I can remember actually holding my breath while watching a hockey game, and while I certainly had no love for him (as it continues), the idea that he could have died right there on the ice scared the f*** out of me.

I remember that, it was from Liddy's slapshot, when was that? mid 90's? Seems like it was long ago.

Edited by Yzermania

I remember that, it was from Liddy's slapshot, when was that? mid 90's? Seems like it was long ago.

It was from a Dimitri Mironov slapshot if I recall correctly. Pronger dropped in a way that you just knew something was wrong. The only things scarier that I saw on the ice were the Jiri Fischer incident and Clint Malarchuk getting sliced in the throat by a skate.

I haven't watched the game on my DVR yet since I just got back in but I'm glad to see them stand tall after a tense game yesterday. Seems like Fil is having his long awaited breakout season thus far and that Hank is getting back on track from what I've been reading. Time for our foes to "Fear the Zetterbeard" since Hank is back.

Suddenly all is well once again in Hockeytown :clap: Wings are #1 in the West and have a game in hand with Chicago. Boys are playing very well, at both ends of the ice, and Howie has been fabulous! What's been one of the greatest aspects of this team for years is that everybody contributes. No one trick pony here! Wings are deep, and it takes a team to win the cup :champs:

Let the record show that I never doubted this team. Not once.

Same here.

Here in LGW land, those people are hard to find.

Weren't we just 8th a few days ago? Sweet!

We were out of the playoff picture 5 games ago. Just shows that the Wings have rebounded from a pretty dry offensive run. If Howard can keep up his effort and the scoring can continue, the Wings are going to do really well the rest of the season.

Let the record show that I never doubted this team. Not once.

My favorite thread of all-time is the second to last game of the season last season where GMR and 99% of LGW stated how much they hated the team and hoped they would get swept in the playoffs. Then the next game we won big and everyone was back on board.

Until the buzzer sounds, i firmly believe we can win every game.

Does anyone else think Ericsson should sit out a game or two?

So after today's game, does Ericsson still warrant a roster spot?

(I missed it and only saw the highlights, where he was on the ice for the lone Nashville goal)

Until the buzzer sounds, i firmly believe we can win every game.

while i believe this as well, they still need to show consistency.

they can absolutely dominate a game when they want to.

their desire sometimes lacks.

but aside from that horrendous 6 game losing streak, they've been lights out.

Edited by DRW Dominance