• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MacK_Attack

Ovechkin spears Chris Neil

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

Shanny looked at the play and determined that there would be no suspension. As a ref, I think this is borderline worth a game or two, but I can also side with Shanny's decision.

Shanny looked at the play and determined that there would be no suspension. As a ref, I think this is borderline worth a game or two, but I can also side with Shanny's decision.

Because there was no call on the play and it was clearly a spear, at the very least an attempted one, he should've been fined something to re-up his repeat offender status.

it's too bad Ovie is a tool now

Agreed. The guy throws big and sometimes borderline hits, but he apparently can't take what he dishes out.

It was McLellan (who is now a commentator on NHL network) going Hextall on Franzen, immediately after he was put in net.

Thank you ah yeah it was Franzen.

Both should have gotten 2 mins imo.

You can see Neil looking for the ref the second it happens. So his immideate reaction is not '**** that hurts!' but rather 'ref?! are you looking??'.

And no way that's accidental by Ovie :lol:

Two minutes each for two complete bulls***ters.

I can live with the 2 minutes to Neil, but Ovie should have gotten 5 minutes. There is no grey zone here. Spear with no contact is a double minor, spear with contact is a major.

commadore183 likes this

I can live with the 2 minutes to Neil, but Ovie should have gotten 5 minutes. There is no grey zone here. Spear with no contact is a double minor, spear with contact is a major.

and an automatic game misconduct.

commadore183 likes this

Didn't look like that hard of a spear. But then again i've never felt the wrath of Ovechkin.

Edited by BryceWings

Didn't look like that hard of a spear. But then again i've never felt the wrath of Ovechkin.

Actually looked pretty hard to me, a lot more significant than most spears which are normally just little pokes.