• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/13 GDT : Red Wings 4 at Penguins 1

Rate this topic

I do. I drive past Consol everyday. It's actually a nice place to live, but the bandwagon idiots that know next to nothing about hockey make it rough everytime these two play. I got into an argument on the subway with someone who was trying to tell me that Jordan Staal was the third best player in hockey, thus being way better than anyone on "my" Wings. Ugh

Are you a steelers fan? I don't follow pro football that much (too busy cheering for sparty) but the steelers are my favorite pro team

That was a fun and intense game to watch. Connor continues to impress me. He has great speed, and battles well on the boards; and did anyone else notice how well he backchecks? Pending injuries, there are going to be some interesting decisions to be made when Mursak is ready to go.

I won't be at the game this thursday,but i will be going to the game dec 26th

I'll be at that one too! Along with Puckloo39! It's our Christmas present.

I've got an extra ticket to the game Thursday if you're gonna be close.

LGW!

My chemo is now a bit more bearable :thumbup:

Amen honey!

Maybe it's just me and I take things for granted a little bit but I expected the Wings to win since the Pens didn't have Crosby or Letang.

Except they've played without him most the season and have a great coach. Plus, they still have a TON of skill in that line-up. One thing that gets lost too often when Crysby is out, is that this is a damn good team with damn good coaches.

Great win boys!!!

I'll be at that one too! Along with Puckloo39! It's our Christmas present.

I've got an extra ticket to the game Thursday if you're gonna be close.

Amen honey!

sorry,i wish that i could go to the game thursday but i will still be in louisiana,won't be heading to nashville until dec 21st

my christmas present is a new preds jersey(home jersey) with rinne and 35 on the back.

Guest irishock

Pavs is averaging 2pts a game over his last three in just 15 minutes of ice time.

That is production right there folks

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

The Penguins lost. Without Sidney Crosby

there fixed for you. :)

your blog lists your favorite NHL teams as detroit and pittsburgh?

that's...disgusting.

LOL I must have put that before May 2008. I'll fix it. I can't STAND the Pens today. They could go 0-82 and I would still want them to lose more.

This might generate some uproar. Pens broadcasters...

"Datsyuk scored a Crosby-like goal!"

<_<

THIS is exactly why I watched the game on the internet with the Fox Sports Detroit feed, instead of watching it on my TV and having to listen to the idiot Penguin announcers.

Are you a steelers fan? I don't follow pro football that much (too busy cheering for sparty) but the steelers are my favorite pro team

Yeah, the Steelers are still my favorite football team and will continue to be unless they play the Red Wings in the Super Bowl. :hehe:

Someone needs to clue the Pens' announcers in on something. HWSNBN scores Datsyuk-like goals, not the other way around. Also, the only time HWSNBN dekes someone out of their jock strap is on a date, not on the ice.

Oh, Mario started letting him date?

I can empathize. My college roommate was from Washington, PA and was a huge Pens fan (this was the early 90's). My college gf's roommates' dad was good friends with Rick Kehoe, so I know a pretty good amount of Pens history, and actually respect Pens fans who suffered through the dark days of Dick Tarnstrom leading them in scoring. I have no use for the post- Crosby bandwagoners who don't know squat.

When I was out in Pitt for All-State chorus a couple of years ago, I wore my Zetterberg jersey one day and my Konstantinov jersey another day (this was to the game the Pirates lost 20-0 to the Brewers). Three Pens fans were right behind me. Two started talking smack, the third complimented me on the Vladdy jersey. I turned around and said to the guy who gave props to the jersey he'd obviously suffered through the Tarnstrom era and I could respect that and that we could probably have a great hockey chat, but his buddies were obvious bandwagoners who didn't know squat and couldn't spell Crosby without sob and cry. He laughed, turned to his idiot friends and told them to STFU, I knew more about the Pens than they did, and that I was proof Wings fans were cool. He bought me a couple of beers and we had a good time. There are some great long time fans out there but they are sadly outnumbered by the loudmouth bandwagon idiots.

Very cool story. Yeah, there are good hockey fans in Pittsburgh for sure, but the idiots are loud and outnumber the smart ones and that makes the fan base as a whole look bad. I had a brick thrown through my car door window after the Wings won the Cup in 2008. I'm not really the type of person to rub things in either, but apparently letting people know you're a Wings fan by wearing their jersey in public during the playoffs is frowned upon. lol

"Wings beat Sid-less Penguins 4-1"

Yeah, NHL. We get it. Crosby wasn't in the lineup, so the win doesn't really count.

Isn't it amazing? They played very, very well last year without him along with several other players, proving they can get it done without him, but if they lose, it just HAS to be because HWSNBN was unable to play.

Bahahahahahahaha!

Although... I have to wonder. If that kid's parents are Wings fans, how the hell did that kid become a Pens fan in the first place? Is it another case of "Come on, parents. Watch your kids!!" or is the culture of sports obsession in Pittsburgh that powerful of a force?

Also, from the blog entry...

Second, this video features a petulant child wearing a Sidney Crosby jersey and throwing an infantile tantrum. I'm sure you all have some opinions on that.

:lol: