• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/13 GDT : Red Wings 4 at Penguins 1

Rate this topic

It's still annoying though, regardless of what team it is. Though if a team is icing a squad whose collective salary is below the salary floor due to mass injuries, I can understand to an extent.

True, but it's probably the most noticeable when the opponent is the Pens because the common perception is that the league bends over backwards for them and wants to mirror a level of success that came about like with Michael Jordan and the NBA.

Buh-buh-but, I thought everything was fine when they beat that scoring powerhouse the NY Islanders without him!

That's the thing with Pens fans. This team is incapable losing when Crosby is out. If they win, they did without Crosby, look how great they are. If they lose, well Crosby was out otherwise they would have won.

Great road game by the Wings- - they really picked it up in the 3rd which was nice to see. Solid game by Howard again, Nick showed why he is still the best dman in the game with his outstanding work on Malkin, and Pavel was the best player on the ice. One thing that I really question is the fact that Pavs only played 16 minutes tonight!? Babs has got to play him more than that with him playing as good as he is. Otherwise, go Wings!!

Guest stinky fish taco

I do. I drive past Consol everyday. It's actually a nice place to live, but the bandwagon idiots that know next to nothing about hockey make it rough everytime these two play. I got into an argument on the subway with someone who was trying to tell me that Jordan Staal was the third best player in hockey, thus being way better than anyone on "my" Wings. Ugh

your blog lists your favorite NHL teams as detroit and pittsburgh?

that's...disgusting.

Edited by stinky fish taco

Great road game by the Wings- - they really picked it up in the 3rd which was nice to see. Solid game by Howard again, Nick showed why he is still the best dman in the game with his outstanding work on Malkin, and Pavel was the best player on the ice. One thing that I really question is the fact that Pavs only played 16 minutes tonight!? Babs has got to play him more than that with him playing as good as he is. Otherwise, go Wings!!

Pav got injured a little bit for a couple minutes. Otherwise he'd probably be around his average.

I do. I drive past Consol everyday. It's actually a nice place to live, but the bandwagon idiots that know next to nothing about hockey make it rough everytime these two play. I got into an argument on the subway with someone who was trying to tell me that Jordan Staal was the third best player in hockey, thus being way better than anyone on "my" Wings. Ugh

I can empathize. My college roommate was from Washington, PA and was a huge Pens fan (this was the early 90's). My college gf's roommates' dad was good friends with Rick Kehoe, so I know a pretty good amount of Pens history, and actually respect Pens fans who suffered through the dark days of Dick Tarnstrom leading them in scoring. I have no use for the post- Crosby bandwagoners who don't know squat.

When I was out in Pitt for All-State chorus a couple of years ago, I wore my Zetterberg jersey one day and my Konstantinov jersey another day (this was to the game the Pirates lost 20-0 to the Brewers). Three Pens fans were right behind me. Two started talking smack, the third complimented me on the Vladdy jersey. I turned around and said to the guy who gave props to the jersey he'd obviously suffered through the Tarnstrom era and I could respect that and that we could probably have a great hockey chat, but his buddies were obvious bandwagoners who didn't know squat and couldn't spell Crosby without sob and cry. He laughed, turned to his idiot friends and told them to STFU, I knew more about the Pens than they did, and that I was proof Wings fans were cool. He bought me a couple of beers and we had a good time. There are some great long time fans out there but they are sadly outnumbered by the loudmouth bandwagon idiots.

They're a tough team to play against and they're built for the playoffs. They're a great team without their big guns but they're definitely that much better with them. Who knows what the game would look like if the Pens had all their horses around 95-100%? Detroit would have definitely competed harder for sure and it would be a close one. Too close for my liking though.

It would be a great game. They've got some great players, and it would be great hockey, and if it's reffed down the middle would be great to watch. Both teams deserve that. I think that if both teams are clicking and healthy, the Wings win a darn close one.

The Rhino has a Song. The song has a dance, too, with much stomping of feet and swinging of horns.

Ah-hem. 2, 3, 4...

Poor Marc "Snowy" Flurry

His score was 4 to 1

First he bowed to Datsuk,

Then Franzen had some fun

The third it went to Cleary,

The fourth he can forget

'Cuz Danny faked out Gino,

And hit the empty net!

Poor ole Gino Malkin,

His score was one-and-done

Firstly was a beauty

I gotta give it, son!

But thirdly it was over

And two points we did get

And hit the empty net!

Thank you, and good night!

Edited by hockeyrhino

Malkin is a beast, I would love to see a Datsyuk - Malkin line............I can dream.

That would be interesting to say the least. Who was Pavs lined up with for the Russians in the Olympics and/or the WC?

Edited by TheXym

Malkin is a beast, I would love to see a Datsyuk - Malkin line............I can dream.

They were together for Team Russia in the WC. At least on the power play.

Ovechkin-Datsyuk-Malkin

Gonchar-Kovalchuk

Gonchar was the quarterback.

Kovalchuk had the shot cocked from the right point.

Datsyuk took the faceoffs and was ready for easy tap ins.

Malkin provided the net presence.

Ovechkin was ready for on timers on his opposite wing.

It would be a great game. They've got some great players, and it would be great hockey, and if it's reffed down the middle would be great to watch. Both teams deserve that. I think that if both teams are clicking and healthy, the Wings win a darn close one.

Well I feel like as a Wings fan that really I have no choice but to think and feel that way if it's a close one.

I prefer the Wings still make a slight change to prepare for the playoffs.

The Rhino has a Song. The song has a dance, too, with much stomping of feet and swinging of horns.

Ah-hem. 2, 3, 4...

Poor Marc "Snowy" Flurry

His score was 4 to 1

The fourth he can forget

And hit the empty net!

Poor ole Geno Malkin,

Firstly was a beauty

I gotta give it, son!

But thirdly it was over

And hit the empty net!

Well played. May I suggest setting it to a I-V-vi-IV progression like almost every pop song ever written (look up axis of awesome - 4 chords for the reference). :)

Ah-hem. 2, 3, 4...

Poor Marc "Snowy" Flurry

His score was 4 to 1

The fourth he can forget

And hit the empty net!

Poor ole Geno Malkin,

Firstly was a beauty

I gotta give it, son!

But thirdly it was over

And hit the empty net!

:thumbup:

Nearly perfect road game. Loved watching a game like that, lots of intensity and skill. I don't care who the Penguins had playing -- the Red Wings still showed up and competed for 60 minutes, something we haven't seen very often this season away from JLA. It would have been easy to fall into the trap of taking the Penguins lightly with no Crosby, Letang, Michalek and Malkin banged up.

Refs were very solid, as usual in a game against Pittsburgh. PK and Jimmy did a great job all night though. Conner-Helm-Cleary is really turning into a nice line.

Jimmy Howard's contract is the biggest steal in the league.

That's the thing with Pens fans. This team is incapable losing when Crosby is out. If they win, they did without Crosby, look how great they are. If they lose, well Crosby was out otherwise they would have won.

This might generate some uproar. Pens broadcasters...

"Datsyuk scored a Crosby-like goal!"

<_<

This might generate some uproar. Pens broadcasters...

"Datsyuk scored a Crosby-like goal!"

<_<

Considering their pre-game prep every night revolves only around Crosby, it doesn't surprise me they are unfamiliar with the way other hockey players score goals.

EDIT: And I know the Pens fans will say they lost because Crosby was out, but he's not usually a factor anyways in games versus Detroit, IIRC. He may get a point a game or something, but he's not really an impact player against us.

Edited by VM1138