• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

When it comes to Juolevi,

This kid has only played 195 games since being drafted, across all leagues. Average of 32 games a year.

Between last season and this season he's only played 36 games, mostly in the NHL.

Lets give him the playing time he was never going to get in Vancouver or Florida. See what we got. He needs to play if he's going to be anything. How much worse could he be than DK and Leddy?

Trade Staal and Leddy and then run this lineup the rest of the season:

Dekeyser - Seider
Oesterle - Hronek
Juolevi  - Lindstrom
Renouf

Yzerman will bring in a vet or 2 on short term contracts like Leddy, Staal, and Stecher. He isnt going to handicap his future contracts by handing out big ones now to guys who are going to be anchors later. He also has a lot of yound D in the system who will be up in the next 2 or 3 seasons. It doesnt make sense for him to sign contracts now that will last beyond that.

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yzerman will bring in a vet or 2 on short term contracts like Leddy, Staal, and Stecher. He isnt going to handicap his future contracts by handing out big ones now to guys who are going to be anchors later. He also has a lot of yound D in the system who will be up in the next 2 or 3 seasons. It doesnt make sense for him to sign contracts now that will last beyond that.

You might be right. There's just not a lot of good options on the UFA market for LHD this year.

Lindholm
Chiarot
Gusbranson
Cole
Zadorov

After that we start getting into guys who are perhaps beneath Staal and DK, unless we consider Giordano, Edler, Goligoski. I just don't think those guys will want to sign here at their age.

53 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

You might be right. There's just not a lot of good options on the UFA market for LHD this year.

Lindholm
Chiarot
Gusbranson
Cole
Zadorov

After that we start getting into guys who are perhaps beneath Staal and DK, unless we consider Giordano, Edler, Goligoski. I just don't think those guys will want to sign here at their age.

Past their prime guys will be SY targets. Those guys will be expecting 1 or 2 year deals anyway and Yzerman can offer them top 4 ice time, where they would be depth players on better teams. He also has more cap space to pay them.

I looked over the list of UFA D for this summer. I ruled out RHD since Seider, Hronek, and Lindstrom need left side partners. I ruled out anyone 30 and under since they will expect longer term. I also ruled out the really big names since they'll want too much money, and will probably go to a contender anyway. And I ruled out players with less than 100 NHL games since they would be mostly depth guys. This is what I came up with:

Alex Goligoski, Alex Edler, Ian Cole, Michal Kempny, Andrej Sekera, Kris Russell, Keith Yandel, Jack Johnson, Jordie Benn...beyond that is just 7th D and AHL guys.

A guy like Goligoski, Edler, Cole, or Sekera could be brought in on a 1 or 2 year deal. Theyre old, but could they be any worse than Staal and Leddy?.

One vet I would consider at least a PTO is Michal Kempny. He has an injury history, his left leg is potentially shot, but he would have been a good 2nd pair dman if he could have stayed healthy.

A couple of younger guys I would make a short term offer to and see if they bite: Calvin de Haan, Ben Chiarot, Brett Kulak, Nathan Bealieu.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

4 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Past their prime guys will be SY targets. Those guys will be expecting 1 or 2 year deals anyway and Yzerman can offer them top 4 ice time, where they would be depth players on better teams. He also has more cap space to pay them.

I looked over the list of UFA D for this summer. I ruled out RHD since Seider, Hronek, and Lindstrom need left side partners. I ruled out anyone 30 and under since they will expect longer term. I also ruled out the really big names since they'll want too much money, and will probably go to a contender anyway. And I ruled out players with less than 100 NHL games since they would be mostly depth guys. This is what I came up with:

Alex Goligoski, Alex Edler, Ian Cole, Michal Kempny, Andrej Sekera, Kris Russell, Keith Yandel, Jack Johnson, Jordie Benn...beyond that is just 7th D and AHL guys.

A guy like Goligoski, Edler, Cole, or Sekera could be brought in on a 1 or 2 year deal. Theyre old, but could they be any worse than Staal and Leddy?.

One vet I would consider at least a PTO is Michal Kempny. He has an injury history, his left leg is potentially shot, but he would have been a good 2nd pair dman if he could have stayed healthy.

A couple of younger guys I would make a short term offer to and see if they bite: Ben Chiarot, Brett Kulak, Nathan Bealieu.

We need PK dmen who aren't in their late 30s. If you wanna add old haggard players, might as well resign Staal. Cole and Kulak fit that mold of the guys you listed. I'd add Chiarot and Gudbranson to that list. 

I wouldn't really count Lindholm as a "big name". Sure, he will have lot of suitors in free agency if he comes to that but teams will not dish out a huge contract for somebody that plays zero(0) minutes on the power play. I think he realistically can be signed for about 6.5-7.5m. Term is probably the more deterring factor here. 

8 hours ago, bIueadams said:

When it comes to Juolevi,

This kid has only played 195 games since being drafted, across all leagues. Average of 32 games a year.

Between last season and this season he's only played 36 games, mostly in the NHL.

Lets give him the playing time he was never going to get in Vancouver or Florida. See what we got. He needs to play if he's going to be anything. How much worse could he be than DK and Leddy?

Trade Staal and Leddy and then run this lineup the rest of the season:

Dekeyser - Seider
Oesterle - Hronek
Juolevi  - Lindstrom
Renouf

You forgot Stecher

2 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

I wouldn't really count Lindholm as a "big name". Sure, he will have lot of suitors in free agency if he comes to that but teams will not dish out a huge contract for somebody that plays zero(0) minutes on the power play. I think he realistically can be signed for about 6.5-7.5m. Term is probably the more deterring factor here. 

If he wants to be on a contender we can't compete. But we can offer him top minutes and a partner in Seider. That could be enticing for him. But yeah I'm super spooked by 7 year contracts. Watch him start to suck at age 32. 

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

You forgot Stecher

I'm hoping he gets trades

18 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

If he wants to be on a contender we can't compete. But we can offer him top minutes and a partner in Seider. That could be enticing for him. But yeah I'm super spooked by 7 year contracts. Watch him start to suck at age 32. 

I'm hoping he gets trades

We will be a contwnder if we land Lindholm and Forsberg.

57 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

No, we would not

You are high dude.  For some reason, you think we are 6 #1 overall picks away.  We are close to having a good team, Marc.  Not far off.  Next year, Edvinsson, Berggren. Sebrango, and McIsaac will breathe more life into our lineup.  If we can add a UFA worth his salt, even better.

41 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Buttman says Vrana be back n sheiiiit

Zadina on the 4th line where he belongs - guess we're not trading him this year

I wish we had one more right handed winger like Raymond.  We really need to pick up Forsberg this offseason.  Our handedness is still way too left hand dominant.  It screws us over a lot more than people realize.

2 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

I wish we had one more right handed winger like Raymond.  We really need to pick up Forsberg this offseason.  Our handedness is still way too left hand dominant.  It screws us over a lot more than people realize.

Forsberg and Lindholm. Done.

Thinking about what forward prospects we should bring to GR next season. There appears to be only two real candidates: Soderblom and Hanas. Soderblom is obvious, he's massive strong and scoring in a mens league. Hanas has done 4 years in the WHL and is leading his team in scoring this year.

Maybes: Mastrosimone and Phillips. Both have had decent years in college this year, but both still can play one more year of college next year.

Another maybe: Mazur. Hate to steal him to GR after only 1 year of college, but he's playing well enough to possibly warrant this. Although we should probably also sign his teammate Shai Buium at that point, and we really don't have much room in GR for Dmen next year. Probably better to leave both players in college for now.

Defense: Bring over Johansson + Edvinsson, and possibly Wallinder as well.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You are high dude.  For some reason, you think we are 6 #1 overall picks away.  We are close to having a good team, Marc.  Not far off.  Next year, Edvinsson, Berggren. Sebrango, and McIsaac will breathe more life into our lineup.  If we can add a UFA worth his salt, even better.

Where have I said anything remotely close to this? 

Also, huge difference between a good team and a contending team. Close to a good team? Yes. Close to a contender? Not a ******* chance. That is 4-5 years out at best. Temper your expectations. 

16 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Where have I said anything remotely close to this? 

Also, huge difference between a good team and a contending team. Close to a good team? Yes. Close to a contender? Not a ******* chance. That is 4-5 years out at best. Temper your expectations. 

Vrana - Larkin - Bertuzzi
Soderblom - Forsberg - Raymond

Edvinsson - Seider
Lindholm - Hronek

Ned
Cossa

Cup go boom

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

DEKEYSER WAIVED! I REPEAT: DEKEYSER WAIVED!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

16 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Yzerman just chose a waiver pickup with only 10 games on the season over Dekeyser

5de.png

Welcome this lad

Olli, 

What are the challenges you're facing now here in Detroit?

"Well, the coaches would have to be high not to play me, so really there aren't any.  I mean, Dekeyser?  Leddy?  Come on."