• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

On 12/17/2021 at 2:38 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

1. Of course they did. Every host country does this.

2. Gun bans/restrictions don't stop bad guys from having guns and using them. Boycotting the Olympics will not change how China operates.

Gun bans/restrictions punish law abiding gun owners. Boycotting the Olympics punishes the athletes. 

Neither hurts the party its intended to and both punish innocent people.

This is just sucha s***ty anaolgy

Banning guns pushes gun owners underground.
Banning the Olympics does not result in rouge underground Olympics.

Banning guns doesn't stop bad boys from possessing guns.
Banning the Olympics 100% stops Olympians from participating in the Olympics.

Banning guns punishes gun owners.
Banning the Olympics punishes the Olympians, the folks who care to see their nation participate, the host country for not being able to field a full Olympic event, the Olympic organization for not being able to fulfill a full Olympic event.

I understand your point. You're just awful at forwarding it.

Furthermore, the Olympics are unironically pozzed and g-ay. It's a world event full of 99% athletes you've never heard of, doing sports you know nothing about, and would otherwise never watch. But McDonalds gets to run ads so we do it.

It's also a diplomatic event, if that's lost on you... Which is why countries like USA and Canada are not sending diplomatic emissaries to China in protest of China's human rights violations. As noble as that is, it's completely half assed IMO. Designed to assuage people like me while they get to participate anyway and eat their cake too. If our leaders actually had a moral compass they'd refuse to participate in a country where folks are caged and slaughtered en mass for their culture and religion. Hell, I'd stage alternative games where countries like China aren't invited.

But oh no, Gary the insurance salesmen who does shotputt on the side won't get to live out his dream of placing 6th in Beijing. The horror. 

3 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Could be a good claim. The talent is there. Canucks fans says he got poor work ethic. Panthers fans says his body is broken. Those two are probably related if the former is true. Lets fix him.

I doubt they're expecting much from him. I'm sure he's just a warm body to fill out the roster because they're anticipating trading a defenseman or two at the deadline. I'd be surprised if he ever amounts to more than a stop gap until the end of the season.

Just now, kipwinger said:

I doubt they're expecting much from him. I'm sure he's just a warm body to fill out the roster because they're anticipating trading a defenseman or two at the deadline. I'd be surprised if he ever amounts to more than a stop gap until the end of the season.

I don't really have any expectations either. But if they're just looking for a stop gap shouldn't they go for a more safe bet? Juolevi has played a total of 10 games this season.

2 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I don't really have any expectations either. But if they're just looking for a stop gap shouldn't they go for a more safe bet? Juolevi has played a total of 10 games this season.

Who knows? I mean, he was free to acquire. Maybe they thought he was good enough for a sticker price of zero dollars. If we end up nabbing someone better at the deadline they can just waive him again or send him to GR.

9 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Who knows? I mean, he was free to acquire. Maybe they thought he was good enough for a sticker price of zero dollars. If we end up nabbing someone better at the deadline they can just waive him again or send him to GR.

The guy has played one game in the last six weeks. If Yzerman didn't view him as a project I doubt he would have layed down the claim. If the Wings can make him into a NHL regular thats a huge win and the defensive left side is as of right now totally bare going in to next season.

1 minute ago, Akakabuto said:

The guy has played one game in the last six weeks. If Yzerman didn't view him as a project I doubt he would have layed down the claim. If the Wings can make him into a NHL regular thats a huge win and the defensive left side is as of right now totally bare going in to next season.

Agreed, there's no risk and we need bodies. I basically view him exactly the same way I view Jordan Oesterle, except that at 23 years old it's still at least possible (not probably) that he could improve a bit.

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Agreed, there's no risk and we need bodies. I basically view him exactly the same way I view Jordan Oesterle, except that at 23 years old it's still at least possible (not probably) that he could improve a bit.

@bIueadams have a good inside scoop on Oesterle. Detroit basically signed him as a favor because a member of his family in Detroit is seriously ill.

55 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

@bIueadams have a good inside scoop on Oesterle. Detroit basically signed him as a favor because a member of his family in Detroit is seriously ill.

Yeah his agent requested a contract from Detroit and SY did him a solid. I almost think he's not playing much bc of the family situation. When family member recovers or passes we might see him in the lineup more.

The word I'm getting on juolevi is that after his injury his skating became garbage. Getting burned even by slow guys. But otherwise he can play. 

35 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Edvinsson+Sebrango+McIsaac in the D next year.  This kid wont be.  Grand Rapids at best, adios more than likely.

I’m not sure putting three rookies at once next to two sophomore players and Filip Hronek is good prospect management. Loving the hype, though. 

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Edvinsson+Sebrango+McIsaac in the D next year.  This kid wont be.  Grand Rapids at best, adios more than likely.

Id say its more likely that 0/3 will be in Detroit next season then 3/3. Edvinsson 50% Mcisaac 10% Sebrango <1%

Juolevi has a better chance then all 3 imo.

23 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

Id say its more likely that 0/3 will be in Detroit next season then 3/3. Edvinsson 50% Mcisaac 10% Sebrango <1%

Juolevi has a better chance then all 3 imo.

I think the bolded is right but Edvinsson just gotta keep doing what he’s doing and he’ll be playing in a Red Wings uni next season.

5 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Still better than this season. 

Dude, WAY better.  Dont forget that we have to open up spots in GR as well.   With a depth chart like this:

Edvinsson

Juolevi

Osterle

Sebrango

McIsaac

Johansson

Wallinder

Viro

Buium

we cant be adding vets.  Time to play the youngsters 

1. Sign UFA forward Andrew Copp for 2C - (Detroit forward group is now full)
  2. Sign UFA Dman Hampus Lindholm for Seider's partner
  3. Sign UFA Dman Nikita Zadorov for Hronek's partner - (Detroit defense group is now full)
  4. Sign UFA goalie Joren van Pottleberghe to backup Ned - (Detroit goaltending is now full)
  5. Sign some of our forward prospects for GR and recall Soderblom
  6. Recall Edvinsson and Johansson to GR - (GR defense group is now full)
  7. Sign some AHL starters for GR - (GR goaltending is now full)

These are the 7 steps for the offseason.

Vrana - Larkin - Raymond
Fabbri - Copp - Bertuzzi
Rasmussen - Suter - Zadina
Erne - Veleno - Stephens
Extra: Smith

Lindholm - Seider
Zadorov - Hronek
Oesterle - Lindtstrom
Extra: Juolevi

Nedeljkovic
van Pottleberghe

Soderblom - Pearson - Berggren
Hirose - Criscuolo - Witkowski
Prospect - Prospect - Prospect
GR signing - GR signing - GR signing
Exttra: GR signing

Edvinsson - McIsaac
Sebrango - Newpower
Johansson - Barton
Extra: Lashoff

AHL Starter
AHL Starter

Nobody gets a promotion at camp. Maybe Edvinsson. If Edvinsson does it's easy enough to bench Oesterle. I think we have to go for Lindholm. For Seider's sake - there's really no one else out there fit to be his partner. We have the money. However I get the feeling Yzerman will try to trade Zadina to fill a need.

Edited by bIueadams

34 minutes ago, bIueadams said:
  1. Sign UFA forward Andrew Copp for 2C - (Detroit forward group is now full)
  2. Sign UFA Dman Hampus Lindholm for Seider's partner
  3. Sign UFA Dman Nikita Zadorov for Hronek's partner - (Detroit defense group is now full)
  4. Sign UFA goalie Pavel Francouz to backup Ned - (Detroit goaltending is now full)
  5. Sign some of our forward prospects for GR and recall Soderblom
  6. Recall Edvinsson and Johansson to GR - (GR defense group is now full)
  7. Sign some AHL starters for GR - (GR goaltending is now full)

These are the 7 steps for the offseason.

Vrana - Larkin - Raymond
Fabbri - Copp - Bertuzzi
Rasmussen - Suter - Zadina
Erne - Veleno - Stephens
Extra: Smith

Lindholm - Seider
Zadorov - Hronek
Oesterle - Lindtstrom
Extra: Juolevi

Nedeljkovic
Francouz

Soderblom - Pearson - Berggren
Hirose - Criscuolo - Witkowski
Prospect - Prospect - Prospect
GR signing - GR signing - GR signing
Exttra: GR signing

Edvinsson - McIsaac
Sebrango - Newpower
Johansson - Barton
Extra: Lashoff

AHL Starter
AHL Starter

Nobody gets a promotion at camp. Maybe Edvinsson. If Edvinsson does it's easy enough to bench Oesterle. I think we have to go for Lindholm. For Seider's sake - there's really no one else out there fit to be his partner. We have the money. However I get the feeling Yzerman will try to trade Zadina to fill a need.

I like it

The thing we need on D is PK Dmen. To replace Staal and DK. Zadorov surprisingly plays very little PK, but Lindholm fits that mold.

Maybe we should be considering Ben Chiarot, Erik Gudbranson, or Ian Cole instead of Lindholm and Zadorov.

A deal I'd like to see get done:

To DET: Jake Chychrun + 2nd
To ARI: Filip Hronek + Filip Zadina

Then go out and sign Ilya Lyubushkin in UFA this summer. He was branded a pure shutdown style defender in ARI, but it's clear his puck moving ability has been underrated and is much better with Toronto and away from the anemic ARI offense. This would also be reuniting him with his buddy from ARI Chychrun.

Lindholm - Seider
Chychrun - Lyubushkin
Oesterle - Lindstrom
Juolevi/Edvinsson

Edited by bIueadams