• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I was picking through waivers in fantasy and came across something puzzling. Pageau, Center for Ottawa has 10 points and is a +15. 

How in the world does he play for Ottawa and has a +15 right now? That's pretty amazing for such an awful team. 

Pageau is an excellent defensive PK guy, and he's seemingly discovered a scoring touch through the first few games here. Would explain why teams aren't scoring on him and his +/- is going up up up.

Ottawa is really not in as bad as shape as us (hard to admit I know). Their goal differential is only like -11 compared to our -33. They're just managing to still lose... kinda like us last year.

On top of that they don't have the longterm contracts on the books like we have and they have more and better draft picks.

Red Wings are dead

3 things here...How can you 'smuggle' in a big tub of mayo...Why would you eat that stuff with a spoon like it was ice cream...And lastly - that woman is pretty darn cute.

EDIT - apparently is was a prank/gag set up by Dallas Stars employees who posed as Habs fans.

https://www.mtlblog.com/news/canada/qc/montreal/montreal-canadiens-fans-caught-eating-gallon-of-mayo-with-a-spoon-have-twitter-barfing

Edited by F.Michael

On 11/10/2019 at 12:17 AM, F.Michael said:

3 things here...How can you 'smuggle' in a big tub of mayo...Why would you eat that stuff with a spoon like it was ice cream...And lastly - that woman is pretty darn cute.

EDIT - apparently is was a prank/gag set up by Dallas Stars employees who posed as Habs fans.

https://www.mtlblog.com/news/canada/qc/montreal/montreal-canadiens-fans-caught-eating-gallon-of-mayo-with-a-spoon-have-twitter-barfing

Sometimes I put a stick of butter on a Popsicle stick, dip it in mayo, then roll it in sugar

It's surprisingly good. I call them shame sticks.

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Makes me want to visit Boston - go to a game - wear my Red Wings gear now more than ever!

Thanks for posting I was laughing at this this morning lol

She would be cute if she didn't smoke 10 packs of Kools a day and have the whole 'Boston attitude' thing going on

Imagine if the roles were reversed. That man standing up during a game to berate a poor women. Their would be Bostonian males flying from the rafters to sock him in the face.

She should STFU and sit down

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

What is she so upset about?

According to my 'South Boston' translator...The young woman is apparently upset about the gentleman (who is seated) didn't apologize for a mishap that involved food/beverage, and articles of clothing.

10 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Thanks for posting I was laughing at this this morning lol

She would be cute if she didn't smoke 10 packs of Kools a day and have the whole 'Boston attitude' thing going on

Imagine if the roles were reversed. That man standing up during a game to berate a poor women. Their would be Bostonian males flying from the rafters to sock him in the face.

She should STFU and sit down

And if it were a guy - can you imagine the feminists reaction? 

I'd bet there would be pressure on the Bruins/TD Garden to find the guy, and give him a lifetime ban.

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

According to my 'South Boston' translator...The young woman is apparently upset about the gentleman (who is seated) didn't apologize for a mishap that involved food/beverage, and articles of clothing.

And if it were a guy - can you imagine the feminists reaction? 

I'd bet there would be pressure on the Bruins/TD Garden to find the guy, and give him a lifetime ban.

She'd be on Ellen the next day dismantling "patriarchy in male sports" lmao

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Yeah - Bill Peters is likely to join Babs in the unemployment line.

> Be me
> Akim Aliu
> Listen to rap music in the lockerroom where 50% of the lyrics are literally the N-word
> Coach calls me the N-word
> Wait 10 years
> Call that coach out

But seriously, if Bill Peters did this it's absolutely inexcusable, and I'm honestly amazed not one player has come forward about it in the last 10 years if it truly did happen. If he had done that to a teammate of mine, there would absolutely be fallout from it. I'd at least be jawing about it to everyone and it would get out.

The issue I have with Akim's statement is this happened 10 years ago, and we've seen wayyyy too many Jussie Smollett type stories the past few years. Peters doesn't deserve to get buried because some former player is still pissed off at him, and is suddenly seizing an opportunity to get back at him amidst this Babcock thing.

Aliu also has a pretty troubled history of causing problems. Mouthing off at coaches, fighting with teammates, fighting in bars. Doesn't excuse Peters if it happened, just backstory on him as a player.

Aliu Speaks Out

He walked in before a morning pre-game skate and said ‘Hey Akim, I’m sick of you playing that n----- s---,’ ” Aliu told TSN, with Peters, who was then the Ice Hogs head coach, referring to Aliu’s selection of hip-hop music. “He said ‘I’m sick of hearing this n-----s f------ other n-----s in the ass stuff.’ “He then walked out like nothing ever happened. You could hear a pin drop in the room, everything went dead silent. I just sat down in my stall, didn’t say a word.”

Two of Aliu’s Rockford teammates who were in the room at the time of the alleged incident, Simon Pepin and Peter MacArthur, independently corroborated Aliu’s account to TSN on Tuesday.

"I think everyone should be held accountable for their actions or words spoken," Pepin said.

Peters has about an hour b4 he's fired

1 minute ago, Akakabuto said:

"Apple don't fall far from the tree"

What Babcock did with the list-thing is nowhere near what Peters said. Hope Babcock doesn't get bundled into this whole mess.

Said this exact thing to a co-worker this morning. Before I tea-bagged his keyboard for being a Leafs fan. 

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Ken Holland is starting to look like a real a-hole enabler eh? 

No kidding

I sort of respect management having coaches backs though. Players talk to coaches, coaches talk to management. In general you shouldn't go behind a coaches back and talk to management about a coach as a player. This Peters thing is a warranted exception though.

Just now, Akakabuto said:

"Apple don't fall far from the tree"

What Babcock did with the list-thing is nowhere near what Peters said. Hope Babcock doesn't get bundled into this whole mess.

Yeah, I hope folks understand Aliu was using the Babs thing as a segway. Babs hasn't been linked to racist language.

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

No kidding

I sort of respect management having coaches backs though. Players talk to coaches, coaches talk to management. In general you shouldn't go behind a coaches back and talk to management about a coach as a player. This Peters thing is a warranted exception though.

Yeah, I hope folks understand Aliu was using the Babs thing as a segway. Babs hasn't been linked to racist language.

That Nick Lidstrom guy. Such a cowardly baby. 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Said this exact thing to a co-worker this morning. Before I tea-bagged his keyboard for being a Leafs fan. 

If I were you...When your co-worker isn't looking...I'd take any Maple Leaf piece of clothing  of his (jacket, scarf, hat, etc), and fart on it...Make sure you had some eggs, and beans for breakfast...Just don't poop your pants.

8 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

If I were you...When your co-worker isn't looking...I'd take any Maple Leaf piece of clothing  of his (jacket, scarf, hat, etc), and fart on it...Make sure you had some eggs, and beans for breakfast...Just don't poop your pants.

Only in Milwaukee would someone consider beans a breakfast food lmao