• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Ras was a 0.3 PPG player in the NHL last year. Veleno's 0.4PPG in the AHL. Pretty close. A lot closer than the double PPG rate Ras has over Joe this yer in the same league. 

It sure is. Huge difference. Opposite can be said for their final season in the CHL.

I think Veleno will be close to 0.8 PTS/G next season in the AHL.

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So you're saying Byfield is better than Lafreniere?

No, I'm saying it needs to be considered when evaluating players.

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

It sure is. Huge difference. Opposite can be said for their final season in the CHL.

I think Veleno will be close to 0.8 PTS/G next season in the AHL.

No, I'm saying it needs to be considered when evaluating players.

Yeah but Veleno spent an extra year in the Q (due to his exceptional status). He had a whole extra year to develop. 

Anyway, doesn't matter. If Veleno ends up better than Rasmussen I will be the first to get out the high 5's. If the opposite happens you will blame the coach, Yzerman, that old commercial with Hudler in it, the smell coming from Windsor, etc. You will never ever yield because your narrative is set. This, to me, is the definition of "slappy". 

10 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

But if Veleno has more potential than Ras because of younger age, should it not also be true that Byfield has more potential than Lafreniere due to younger age?

Yes. Everyone that is younger has more potential. I'm not even sure why more teams don't draft based solely on age. The youngest player in the draft always turns out to be the best player.

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yeah but Veleno spent an extra year in the Q (due to his exceptional status). He had a whole extra year to develop. 

Anyway, doesn't matter. If Veleno ends up better than Rasmussen I will be the first to get out the high 5's. If the opposite happens you will blame the coach, Yzerman, that old commercial with Hudler in it, the smell coming from Windsor, etc. You will never ever yield because your narrative is set. This, to me, is the definition of "slappy". 

If Rasmussen ends up better than Veleno, I will do the same. I will be ecstatic if Ras becomes a top six center. I just don't see it. That really bothers you...

Again, going back to 5 years ago...

It's hilarious though that you don't think player management can have any effect on a player. Fortunately, that won't happen with Veleno, so we have nothing to worry about there. 

21 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

If Rasmussen ends up better than Veleno, I will do the same. I will be ecstatic if Ras becomes a top six center. I just don't see it. That really bothers you...

Nope. That's not what bothers me. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Age matters. It's not the determining factor. C'mon man, you're not this dumb...

Age seems to matter to you when you apply it to Veleno and Rasmussen, yet it doesn't seem to matter to you when applied to Lafreniere and Byfield? Is that really so dumb to notice? And not to mention Rasmussen was drafted much higher than Veleno, but Byfield and Lafreniere's draft position should be relatively close. One would think the ages play more into Lafren and Byfield than the former.

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Age seems to matter to you when you apply it to Veleno and Rasmussen, yet it doesn't seem to matter to you when applied to Lafreniere and Byfield? Is that really so dumb to notice? And not to mention Rasmussen was drafted much higher than Veleno, but Byfield and Lafreniere's draft position should be relatively close. One would think the ages play more into Lafren and Byfield than the former.

Again, age does matter when evaluating in both instances. Lafreniere is a borderline generational talent. Byfield is not. Age matters, but I still take Lafreniere.

Rasmussen and Veleno were both projected to go 10-15 in their respective drafts. Rasmussen ended up going a little earlier, and Veleno ended up going much later. Age should be considered, but it's not why I think Veleno will be a better player at the NHL level. I shouldn't even say "better player", because I see both as middle six forwards, depending on who else we add in the next few years. I just think Veleno is the better option at center. He's a much better skater. That's not even debatable. In my opinion, he's also a better puck carrier. He's phenomenal at zone exits / zone entries. I also think he has a higher hockey IQ, and a better passer. Shot, I'd probably give the edge to Rasmussen, although, neither are particularly great shooters. Rasmussen is clearly better down low, along the boards, and in front of the net. Both should be very good players for us going forward. I have no idea why this is such a contentious topic... It's like the dumb Fabbri vs Zadina debate. We can have both...

27 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Again, age does matter when evaluating in both instances. Lafreniere is a borderline generational talent. Byfield is not. Age matters, but I still take Lafreniere.

Rasmussen and Veleno were both projected to go 10-15 in their respective drafts. Rasmussen ended up going a little earlier, and Veleno ended up going much later. Age should be considered, but it's not why I think Veleno will be a better player at the NHL level. I shouldn't even say "better player", because I see both as middle six forwards, depending on who else we add in the next few years. I just think Veleno is the better option at center. He's a much better skater. That's not even debatable. In my opinion, he's also a better puck carrier. He's phenomenal at zone exits / zone entries. I also think he has a higher hockey IQ, and a better passer. Shot, I'd probably give the edge to Rasmussen, although, neither are particularly great shooters. Rasmussen is clearly better down low, along the boards, and in front of the net. Both should be very good players for us going forward. I have no idea why this is such a contentious topic... It's like the dumb Fabbri vs Zadina debate. We can have both...

Rasmussen is a top10 pick and Veleno nearly slipped into the 2nd round. I think it's pretty clear which player has more potential: It's Ras all the way.

Byfield and Lefren have been ranked 1&2 for most of the year. Like Kakko and Hughes I think there's a lot more room for debate on who will be better. And Byfield has the advantage of being almost an entire year younger but still in the same draft class.

43 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Rasmussen is a top10 pick and Veleno nearly slipped into the 2nd round. I think it's pretty clear which player has more potential: It's Ras all the way.

Byfield and Lefren have been ranked 1&2 for most of the year. Like Kakko and Hughes I think there's a lot more room for debate on who will be better. And Byfield has the advantage of being almost an entire year younger but still in the same draft class.

Rasmussen was picked higher than Veleno, so therefore he has a higher potential? I don't think I need to explain how flawed that logic is... 

Do you think there's a bigger gap between Veleno and Rasmussen, or McDavid and Eichel? Hint: it's McDavid and Eichel, and it's not even close...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Rasmussen was picked higher than Veleno, so therefore he has a higher potential? I don't think I need to explain how flawed that logic is... 

Do you think there's a bigger gap between Veleno and Rasmussen, or McDavid and Eichel? Hint: it's McDavid and Eichel, and it's not even close...

Shhhh juolevi has more upside than debrincat 

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I have two prospects to offer you. I won't reveal their names to you, but one is a top10 pick and one is a 30th overall. Which would you like?

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Veleno Rasmussen clearly

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I have two prospects to offer you. I won't reveal their names to you, but one is a top10 pick and one is a 30th overall. Which would you like?

Veleno Rasmussen clearly

You're not this dumb... or maybe you are.

22 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

You're not this dumb... or maybe you are.

Ad Hominem attacks. The weapon of a man without an argument.

17 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

You surely didnt just figure this out? ill save you time on whats to come ... both of you will be flip flopping for 5 pages over the same stupid s*** 

You are more than welcome to join, you dont need to ask, you're quite capable yourself

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ad Hominem attacks. The weapon of a man without an argument.

Ok. I'll bite on your "argument"...

38 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Not knowing the prospects, of course you take the higher pick. Knowing the prospects and their body of work, you can make a somewhat educated guess at who will be the better player. In my opinion, that's Veleno in this scenario. You think it's Rasmussen. I don't think it will be that lopsided one way or the other. You do. Okay...

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Veleno Rasmussen clearly

Very clearly...

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Ok. I'll bite on your "argument"...

Not knowing the prospects, of course you take the higher pick. Knowing the prospects and their body of work, you can make a somewhat educated guess at who will be the better player. In my opinion, that's Veleno in this scenario. You think it's Rasmussen. I don't think it will be that lopsided one way or the other. You do. Okay...

Very clearly...

What if I said both those prospects play for the same team and one has 17 pts in 22 GP, -1. And the other has 17 pts in 41 GP, -21.

?

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

What if I said both those prospects play for the same team and one has 17 pts in 22 GP, -1. And the other has 17 pts in 41 GP, -21.

?

Makes total sense now. You don't look beyond the raw stats... I guess that's why you were so quick to turn on Zadina last year and Larkin this year...

We've had our share of debates over the years, but for the most part, I could see your point of view in the past, even if I disagreed. I don't know if it's how terrible this team is right now or what... but you're being all kinds of irrational lately...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Makes total sense now. You don't look beyond the raw stats... I guess that's why you were so quick to turn on Zadina last year and Larkin this year...

We've had our share of debates over the years, but for the most part, I could see your point of view in the past, even if I disagreed. I don't know if it's how terrible this team is right now or what... but you're being all kinds of irrational lately...

Again you're resorting to attacking my character instead of addressing the actual argument.

"you don't look beyond raw stats"
"I guess that's why you turn on Zadina and Larkin"
"You're so irrational lately"

You're grasping at straws and attacking the person instead of the argument because you don't have a sound defense for your Joey boy. Rasmussen is bigger, stronger, has a higher draft pedigree, and has wholly outplayed Veleno this year. Anyone with no pre-conceived bias would choose Rasmussen or Veleno, and you know it's true.