• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kingston

Rick Nash?

Rate this topic

Filpulla Kronwall Kindl & Emmerton & 1st round for Nash & Tyutin.

this would possably get it done, not saying i would do it thou.

Imo that would be a good deal for Columbus and a ******* terrible one for us.

Imagine losing Lidstrom, Stuart and Kronwall for next season. Even if we got our hands on Suter we'd look weak as hell on D.

agreed

No thanks. Carter is a prima donna....and he is injury proned. He has been really disrespectful to the Columbus organization and is STILL whining about getting traded there. I'd take Nash over Carter in a heartbeat and I am not that big of a fan.

Would love Nash here, he would be a freaking beast. However as other people here have said Nash is a franchise player and you dont get these types of players by giving them s***. More importantly though I dont see paying him 7.8 mil a year (until 2018) when dats is at 6.7 mil but who knows.

To Columbus: Johan Franzen

Valteri Filpulla

Joakim Andersson

Jakub Kindl

Jiri Hudler

1st and 2nd round picks

To Detroit: Rick Nash

Jeff Carter

Antoine Vermette

SAME DAY

To Anaheim: Brad Stuart

Jeff Carter

Daniel Cleary

Fabian Brunnstrom

Thomas Mccullom

To Detroit: Bobby Ryan

Jeff Deslaureir

Andrew Cogliano

Cam Fowler

*Edit: I think I got carried away

Edited by 13dangledangle

Would love Nash here, he would be a freaking beast. However as other people here have said Nash is a franchise player and you dont get these types of players by giving them s***. More importantly though I dont see paying him 7.8 mil a year (until 2018) when dats is at 6.7 mil but who knows.

Valteri Filpulla

Joakim Andersson

Jakub Kindl

Jiri Hudler

1st and 2nd round picks

Jeff Carter

Antoine Vermette

SAME DAY

Jeff Carter

Daniel Cleary

Fabian Brunnstrom

Thomas Mccullom

Jeff Deslaureir

Andrew Cogliano

Cam Fowler

You think???

Valteri Filpulla

Joakim Andersson

Jakub Kindl

Jiri Hudler

1st and 2nd round picks

Jeff Carter

Antoine Vermette

SAME DAY

Jeff Carter

Daniel Cleary

Fabian Brunnstrom

Thomas Mccullom

Jeff Deslaureir

Andrew Cogliano

Cam Fowler

Pretty funny. So then what?

Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Nash

Ryan - Zeterberg - Vermette

Abdlekader - Cogliano - Miller

Holmstrom - Helm - Mursak

Emmerton

Eaves

Lidstrom White

Kronwall Fowler

Ericsson Smith

Howard

Conklin

Deslaurier

Man, would that even be like watching the Wings? :hehe:

Valteri Filpulla

Joakim Andersson

Jakub Kindl

Jiri Hudler

1st and 2nd round picks

Jeff Carter

Antoine Vermette

SAME DAY

Jeff Carter

Daniel Cleary

Fabian Brunnstrom

Thomas Mccullom

Jeff Deslaureir

Andrew Cogliano

Cam Fowler

I'd take it haha

Bert- dats- Nash on a line together? DEADLY

Ryan, Z, vermette on the 2nd line? WOW

White, Kronner, fowler and lidstrom* on D? SICK

*if lids retires then weber or suter

Too bad it wouldn't happen

Edited by wingsfan4795

Pretty funny. So then what?

Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Nash

Ryan - Zeterberg - Vermette

Abdlekader - Cogliano - Miller

Holmstrom - Helm - Mursak

Emmerton

Eaves

Lidstrom White

Kronwall Fowler

Ericsson Smith

Howard

Conklin

Deslaurier

Man, would that even be like watching the Wings? :hehe:

I was drinking heavily & enjoying superbowl sunday while deciding these trades but none the less I was more thinking....

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Nash

Ryan-Zetterberg-Nyquist

Tatar-Vermette-Mursak

Eaves-Helm-Cogliano

Abby/Emmerton

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Smith

Ericsson-Fowler

Commadore

Howard

Deslaurier

:beerbuddy:

Edited by 13dangledangle

Guest Crymson

I was on HFBoards, and someone over there posted this, I found it interesting..

What do you guys think about Nash?, and what would it take us to get him over here?

I think two things about this:

1) Pierre is not a legitimate or reliable source for anything hockey-related at all.

2) Scott Howson would not trade his organization's franchise player to a divisional rival unless he was offered a veritable king's bounty in return.

IMO there are some similarities between Filppula and Slava Kozlov. Kenny used Kozlov as part of a package to bring in a world class goalie. Maybe he could do the same with Flip to bring in a world class sniper.

I know the comparison is a bit of a stretch, but it could work. Flip is having a career year and has some trade value.

Holland was willing to trade Kozlov in large part because the latter was lazy as hell. His issues with motivation and work ethic had become tremendous in the years before his trade. Also important in that situation was that Hasek had asked for a trade; Regier was shopping him by necessity, not by wish.

To Det- Nash

To Columbus- Cleary,Kindl,2012 2nd round,maybe a young goalie saying Mason has completely fallen apart last couple seasons, McCollum,Mrazek not sure if we still have rights to Larsson even

You might as well include Scott Howson's severed head in that deal, because it would surely be separated from his shoulders by the Blue Jackets organization were he to make such a dumbfoundingly horrendous trade.

To Atl- Cormier,Bergfors,Oduya,1st round pick,2nd round pick

To Nj- Kovalchuk,Salmela,2nd round pick

This was widely viewed as a very poor trade for Atlanta, and it came about in large part because of two factors: one, Waddell was a terrible GM; and two, he and Lamiorello had a fairly good relationship. Too, Kovalchuk was an upcoming UFA who had been very clear about his plans to depart Atlanta after the season; this vastly reduced the assets that Waddell could expect in return for him.

Edited by Crymson

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Nash

Ryan-Zetterberg-Nyquist

Tatar-Vermette-Mursak

Eaves-Helm-Cogliano

Abby/Emmerton

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Smith

Ericsson-Fowler

Commadore

Howard

Deslaurier

I would be happy with that, the top four looks like yes please! and Deslaurier would be a great back up to Jimmy. A lot of trading going on here but it looks good, entertaining anyhow thumbup.gif

I just saw this and thought it was interesting. Doesnt say alot but at the same time does...

Linky:http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/nash-rumours-becoming-reality-625451.html

"Sportsnet has been running the HOCKEY CENTRAL Trade Tracker for a few weeks now in anticipation of the Feb. 27 deadline. It comes as no surprise that some of the players discussed will not be moved. And I think we've been pretty honest in saying that. But one player who just might be in the mix is Columbus Blue Jackets winger Rick Nash, who continually plays down the fact he will never ask for a trade.

I have received a couple of calls from friends of Nash, who claim that Rick is very unhappy with the way the franchise is going and realizes it will take five more years to rebuild, again. Nash is now telling people close to him that he would entertain being moved, but still will not be the one who asks for a trade."

According to the Ottawa Sun, the Columbus Blue Jackets may be willing to move captain Rick Nash as they could receive a big return for the star forward.

The Jackets, who currently sit in last place of the Western Conference and are out of playoff contention for the third straight season, would most likely look to get a top young player, a prospect and a first-round pick in exchange for Nash. Although the New York Rangers and the Los Angeles Kings have expressed interest in the 27-year-old winger, his $7.8 million cap hit through 2018 could make it difficult for either club to finalize a deal, which would most likely occur in the off-season. In 52 games this season, Nash has collected 17 goals and 17 assists for 34 points. The Jackets' first priority remains to deal center Jeff Carter, whom they acquired over the summer. The Toronto Maple Leafs continue to be interested in the forward, the Sun claims, but his extended high-priced contract could have GM Brian Burke look elsewhere for help up front.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/cbj120205.html

What's not to like about Nash, except the fact that he'd be pretty tuff for us to get?

The fact that he makes over $7.8M/year and that there are 7 more years on his contract is a HUGE issue. I like Nash and think that he'd be a great fit but not for that kind of money.

i don't get why everyone on here thinks that Nyquist and Smith are going anywhere...they're the next 2 big Wings that will be lifers on this team, mark my words. Tatar is far more expendable than Nyquist and no ******* way in hell we get rid of Smith, a guy with Shea Weber like potential for anyone whose actually wathched the kid play hockey. the future wings prospects that should not EVER be moved cause of their potential upside are Nyquist, Smith, Jurco, Sheahan, Pulkkinen, IronHook, Andersson and Mrazek. the rest are free game, but if you guys think that the wings should let filppula go (whose been having a career year and just getting better), Nyquist and Smith (the 2 best players on the Griffins) and a 1st for a guy that's having his worst career year with 51 games, 17 goals, 16 assists, 33 pts, -23 rating....than you're a complete idiot! we rag on Z everyday and he's got 35 points and is a + player! and BTW, flip is tied for 2nd on the team with 41 pts and +14 rating.

do i want Nash on the Wings? hell yeah. what is he currently worth?

max: 2012 1st round pick, Tatar and Almqvist

anything more than that or offering a prospect that is potentially future star material...no dice.

Well said. No way Kenny will go after Nash with his 7.8M cap hit so it's moot point. And Kenny will not trade our best prospects..

I fear that if Columbus offered us Nash for Filppula straight up (which of course they wouldn't), many posters here on LGW wouldn't take it. Same with Iginla or Perry.

Flip is having a great year, but you can't get a franchise player without trading a good player in return. Filppula or Franzen are the only ones who fit that definition.

If you want a lot, you have to give up something good in return.

If you want a lot, you have to give up what other teams think is a lot. Look at what Burke thought Lebda was sorth. And Columbus took on the Federov contract from the DUcks. ANd Jeff Finger,etc etc. And teams dump disgruntled stars for cheap all the time. (Joe Thornton comes to mind) Theory being that he was an ellte palyer but is not working out anymore and needs to be gone. If they can't get him to play well anymore, he is of no value to them.

IF this is the case, then a package including Hudler, Ericsson, and a Nyquist or other prospect (not including Smith) may be enough to call the moving companies.

I'm not holding my breath, but I'm still entertaining myself with the idea.