• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kingston

Rick Nash?

Rate this topic

I like Nash and everything...but it won't happen. Columbus won't want what we have and Nash would solidify the Wings atop the Central for years. Columbus won't want to dump the face of their franchise to a division rival.

I agree, like I said if Holland acquired Nash, then it pretty much eliminates us from the Suter sweeps unless Lids retires for sure AND Stuart leaves as a UFA. Also we can forget about Parise in the off season...

I haven't done the math in a while, but earlier this year it seemed like we could sign Suter and Parise. So I don't see why we couldn't work Nash/Parise or Nash/Suter under the cap. We've got room, and lots of players will be leaving next season. (Bertuzzi, Holmstrom, Emeerton, Hudler (his contract is up, isn't it?), and so forth. Not to mention we have to trade for Nash so we'd be freeing up space that way, too.

Though I still prefer Parise over Nash.

Edited by VM1138

I think if u based a trade around this it could work , since of they move him it's for a rebuild

To New Jersey: Ilya Kovalchuk, Anssi Salmela, Atlanta's 2010 2nd round pick

To Atlanta: Johnny Oduya, Niklas Bergfors, Patrice Cormier, New Jersey's 2010 1st and 2nd round picks

Obviously he is already signed, but also playing under par....

I like Nash and everything...but it won't happen. Columbus won't want what we have and Nash would solidify the Wings atop the Central for years. Columbus won't want to dump the face of their franchise to a division rival.

I haven't done the math in a while, but earlier this year it seemed like we could sign Suter and Parise. So I don't see why we couldn't work Nash/Parise or Nash/Suter under the cap. We've got room, and lots of players will be leaving next season. (Bertuzzi, Holmstrom, Emeerton, Hudler (his contract is up, isn't it?), and so forth. Not to mention we have to trade for Nash so we'd be freeing up space that way, too.

Though I still prefer Parise over Nash.

Nash is at $7.8M, Suter will cost at least $7.5M if not $8M+, you have to re-sign Abdelkader and Helm who will get at least $1.25M and Abby getting near if not at $1M. There is roughly $25M cap available for next season and that takes up roughly $18M of it PLUS add Smith's $875,000. It leaves roughly $5.7M to sign another back-up goalie a 7th defenseman and bring up or sign a 13th forward. So yes it could work with Nash/Suter or Parise/Suter but only if Lidstrom and Stuart are not here next year. If Lidstrom comes back, that cuts out one of them.

Now of course if Cleary, Filppula or Franzen were involved in a trade for Nash or Suter or Parise, sure that would free up much more money, but that is a big if... I would love Nash or Parise here too, and I think our #1 priority is Suter...

I fear that if Columbus offered us Nash for Filppula straight up (which of course they wouldn't), many posters here on LGW wouldn't take it. Same with Iginla or Perry.

Flip is having a great year, but you can't get a franchise player without trading a good player in return. Filppula or Franzen are the only ones who fit that definition.

If you want a lot, you have to give up something good in return.

2012 1st round pick

Valteri Filpulla

Jan Mursak

Brendan Smith

Ummm what? Please don't ever be our GM.

I fear that if Columbus offered us Nash for Filppula straight up (which of course they wouldn't), many posters here on LGW wouldn't take it. Same with Iginla or Perry.

Flip is having a great year, but you can't get a franchise player without trading a good player in return. Filppula or Franzen are the only ones who fit that definition.

If you want a lot, you have to give up something good in return.

Filppula for Iginla straight up? No. That'd be a terrible trade for many obvious reasons. Filppula for Nash or Ryan straight up? Maybe. Then factor in salaries, no way i do Flip for Nash straight up. Ryan, I'd have a hard time saying no to, though.

Ummm what? Please don't ever be our GM.

Settle down now. The OP asked what it would TAKE, not what I'd trade. I think for a player like Nash, who is basically the entire Columbus franchise, it would have to be ridiculous overpayment. Judging by your response, you'd agree.

To Det- Nash

To Columbus- Cleary,Kindl,2012 2nd round,maybe a young goalie saying Mason has completely fallen apart last couple seasons, McCollum,Mrazek not sure if we still have rights to Larsson even

you have to look at the Kovalchuk deal i would think as somewhat the same type of package

To Atl- Cormier,Bergfors,Oduya,1st round pick,2nd round pick

To Nj- Kovalchuk,Salmela,2nd round pick

To Det- Nash

To Columbus- Cleary,Kindl,2012 2nd round,maybe a young goalie saying Mason has completely fallen apart last couple seasons, McCollum,Mrazek not sure if we still have rights to Larsson even

you have to look at the Kovalchuk deal i would think as somewhat the same type of package

You have to keep in mind that Kovalchuk was to be an UFA and had told Atlanta that he would not re-sign there. His trade value dropped significantly at that point. They took the best offer they could get, which minus the picks, was The Devils making room for Ilya's contract, by cutting contract dollars from their roster. The players going back to Atlanta were more for financial terms than for playing ability.

Regarding Suters asking price, Darren Dreger was on NHL Tonight last night, and had stated that the asking price for Suter, if The Preds were to offer him for trade, would be, A roster player, A top prospect, A second tier prospect, And a first round pick. I'm pretty sure that that statement was was from Poile, but I'm not 100% sure. It could very well have been Dreger's speculation, but I thought it was paraphrased from Poile. Something think about for all of you empire builders.

i'd rather have jeff carter. more versatile as a rh center and on a less lucrative (but still huge) contract. would cost less than nash too imo. same age as nash if I'm not mistaken (27).

Nonsense. Ever heard Jeff Carter talk or listened to any of the crap that he's suppossedly said or did. Guy isn't a Red Wing, period. His contract is terrible for us. Rick Nash is an absolute force and put on a team where he doesn't have so much responsibility and he's paired with better players, he could be exactly what we need.

To Det- Nash

No offense, but I can't believe your serious. This is a terrible deal for Columbus. A Superstar talent for our spare parts doesn't even work on NHL 12.

If you used the Kovalchuk deal as a basis it would look more like...

Filppula, Ericsson, Mrazek, 1st (If Columbus won)

Nyquist, Ericsson, McCullom 1st (If we won)

Although it can be argued that if we get rid of Ericason we will win either way!

Edited by achildr1

To Detroit:

Rick Nash

Antoine Vermette/Kristian Huselius

To Columbus:

1st 2012

3rd 2012

Valtteri Filppula

Jiri Hudler

Jakub Kindl

Jan Mursak

Tomas Tatar

:ph34r:

Nash Vermette Huselius = 14 mill give or take coming back...

For C'bus to trade the face of their franchise & the best player to ever put on their sweater to an intra-division rival? Kenny would have to empty the cubbard for that & I don't see that happening. I could see the Jackets taking much less though to get rid of Carter & his salary in order to focus on a different rebuilding plan.

I don't think Filppula will be traded but I don't think he has to.

Nyquist, Mursak, Smith, 2012 + 2013 1st round draft pick. Go for the cup.

i don't get why everyone on here thinks that Nyquist and Smith are going anywhere...they're the next 2 big Wings that will be lifers on this team, mark my words. Tatar is far more expendable than Nyquist and no ******* way in hell we get rid of Smith, a guy with Shea Weber like potential for anyone whose actually wathched the kid play hockey. the future wings prospects that should not EVER be moved cause of their potential upside are Nyquist, Smith, Jurco, Sheahan, Pulkkinen, IronHook, Andersson and Mrazek. the rest are free game, but if you guys think that the wings should let filppula go (whose been having a career year and just getting better), Nyquist and Smith (the 2 best players on the Griffins) and a 1st for a guy that's having his worst career year with 51 games, 17 goals, 16 assists, 33 pts, -23 rating....than you're a complete idiot! we rag on Z everyday and he's got 35 points and is a + player! and BTW, flip is tied for 2nd on the team with 41 pts and +14 rating.

do i want Nash on the Wings? hell yeah. what is he currently worth?

max: 2012 1st round pick, Tatar and Almqvist

anything more than that or offering a prospect that is potentially future star material...no dice.

i don't get why everyone on here thinks that Nyquist and Smith are going anywhere...they're the next 2 big Wings that will be lifers on this team, mark my words. Tatar is far more expendable than Nyquist and no ******* way in hell we get rid of Smith, a guy with Shea Weber like potential for anyone whose actually wathched the kid play hockey. the future wings prospects that should not EVER be moved cause of their potential upside are Nyquist, Smith, Jurco, Sheahan, Pulkkinen, IronHook, Andersson and Mrazek. the rest are free game, but if you guys think that the wings should let filppula go (whose been having a career year and just getting better), Nyquist and Smith (the 2 best players on the Griffins) and a 1st for a guy that's having his worst career year with 51 games, 17 goals, 16 assists, 33 pts, -23 rating....than you're a complete idiot! we rag on Z everyday and he's got 35 points and is a + player! and BTW, flip is tied for 2nd on the team with 41 pts and +14 rating.

anything more than that or offering a prospect that is potentially future star material...no dice.

Some of these poster's trade package proposals are not what THEY would trade, rather just ballparks of what they think it would take - ie: what they think Columbus would ask for.

For instance, when answering the OP's question "what would it take to get Nash" I said this:

2012 1st round pick

Valteri Filpulla

Jan Mursak

Brendan Smith

I didn't say Holland should make the deal, or that I would want him to, but this is a lot closer to what Howson would ask for than say Cleary, Tatar, Eaves and a 2nd round pick. Basically, it would take a massive ******* package to land Nash, and rightfully so.

You had me with how much Nyquist and Smith mean but fell off big at what Nash is worth. Our 1st are basically 2nd because they're so late and Almquist may never be NHL material let alone good. I think Holland would trade Nyquist for Nash but not Smith. I think he'd do Nyquist + Ericsson+Andersson+1st and that's about double value of your proposal and I'm not even sure Columbus would agree to that.

Nash's value to the Jackets is much higher than his point totals this year, or even his career-average point totals, would suggest. The man isn't just a 'franchise player', he IS the franchise. 90% of the jerseys in Nationwide on any given game night will be #61. He is just about the ONLY thing Jackets fans have to look forward to before the start of every season, and the only name on the Jackets that casual hockey fans in Ohio are guaranteed to know. He brings in far more in ticket sales, merchandise, and general marketability than any single player on the Red Wings right now or in the last six years.

He is nearly on the same level as Yzerman when it comes to his personal value to the franchise, and yet everybody here seems to think they can give up a single high pick, two or three prospects, plus Hudler and get the rock that the Blue Jackets are built upon. It's not going to happen. You need to give Columbus something that will allow them to either compete immediately or gives them a very, very bright future, and Hudler + the 30th overall pick + Mursak + Tatar does not fall into that category. Frankly, if you want Rick Nash then you're going to have to take a beating on par with, or maybe even worse than, the Kessel trade, and I doubt Holland would be willing to do that.