• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:07 AM

i'd rather have jeff carter. more versatile as a rh center and on a less lucrative (but still huge) contract. would cost less than nash too imo. same age as nash if I'm not mistaken (27).

agreed

#42 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

i'd rather have jeff carter. more versatile as a rh center and on a less lucrative (but still huge) contract. would cost less than nash too imo. same age as nash if I'm not mistaken (27).

Nonsense. Ever heard Jeff Carter talk or listened to any of the crap that he's suppossedly said or did. Guy isn't a Red Wing, period. His contract is terrible for us. Rick Nash is an absolute force and put on a team where he doesn't have so much responsibility and he's paired with better players, he could be exactly what we need.

To Det- Nash

To Columbus- Cleary,Kindl,2012 2nd round,maybe a young goalie saying Mason has completely fallen apart last couple seasons, McCollum,Mrazek not sure if we still have rights to Larsson even

you have to look at the Kovalchuk deal i would think as somewhat the same type of package

To Atl- Cormier,Bergfors,Oduya,1st round pick,2nd round pick

To Nj- Kovalchuk,Salmela,2nd round pick

No offense, but I can't believe your serious. This is a terrible deal for Columbus. A Superstar talent for our spare parts doesn't even work on NHL 12.

If you used the Kovalchuk deal as a basis it would look more like...

Filppula, Ericsson, Mrazek, 1st (If Columbus won)

Nyquist, Ericsson, McCullom 1st (If we won)

Although it can be argued that if we get rid of Ericason we will win either way!

Edited by achildr1, 03 February 2012 - 08:46 AM.

#43 2probert4

2probert4

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:38 AM

To Detroit:
Rick Nash
Antoine Vermette/Kristian Huselius

To Columbus:
1st 2012
3rd 2012
Valtteri Filppula
Jiri Hudler
Jakub Kindl
Jan Mursak
Tomas Tatar

:ph34r:

Nash Vermette Huselius = 14 mill give or take coming back...

#44 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

For C'bus to trade the face of their franchise & the best player to ever put on their sweater to an intra-division rival? Kenny would have to empty the cubbard for that & I don't see that happening. I could see the Jackets taking much less though to get rid of Carter & his salary in order to focus on a different rebuilding plan.

#45 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,915 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

Its funny, but I would accept most of the trade proposals posted here if it meant getting Nash on a line wih datsyuk
  • Nev likes this

#46 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:11 PM

I don't think Filppula will be traded but I don't think he has to.

Nyquist, Mursak, Smith, 2012 + 2013 1st round draft pick. Go for the cup.

i don't get why everyone on here thinks that Nyquist and Smith are going anywhere...they're the next 2 big Wings that will be lifers on this team, mark my words. Tatar is far more expendable than Nyquist and nof****** way in hell we get rid of Smith, a guy with Shea Weber like potential for anyone whose actually wathched the kid play hockey. the future wings prospects that should not EVER be moved cause of their potential upside are Nyquist, Smith, Jurco, Sheahan, Pulkkinen, IronHook, Andersson and Mrazek. the rest are free game, but if you guys think that the wings should let filppula go (whose been having a career year and just getting better), Nyquist and Smith (the 2 best players on the Griffins) and a 1st for a guy that's having his worst career year with 51 games, 17 goals, 16 assists, 33 pts, -23 rating....than you're a complete idiot! we rag on Z everyday and he's got 35 points and is a + player! and BTW, flip is tied for 2nd on the team with 41 pts and +14 rating.

do i want Nash on the Wings? hell yeah. what is he currently worth?
max: 2012 1st round pick, Tatar and Almqvist

anything more than that or offering a prospect that is potentially future star material...no dice.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#47 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

i don't get why everyone on here thinks that Nyquist and Smith are going anywhere...they're the next 2 big Wings that will be lifers on this team, mark my words. Tatar is far more expendable than Nyquist and nof****** way in hell we get rid of Smith, a guy with Shea Weber like potential for anyone whose actually wathched the kid play hockey. the future wings prospects that should not EVER be moved cause of their potential upside are Nyquist, Smith, Jurco, Sheahan, Pulkkinen, IronHook, Andersson and Mrazek. the rest are free game, but if you guys think that the wings should let filppula go (whose been having a career year and just getting better), Nyquist and Smith (the 2 best players on the Griffins) and a 1st for a guy that's having his worst career year with 51 games, 17 goals, 16 assists, 33 pts, -23 rating....than you're a complete idiot! we rag on Z everyday and he's got 35 points and is a + player! and BTW, flip is tied for 2nd on the team with 41 pts and +14 rating.

anything more than that or offering a prospect that is potentially future star material...no dice.

Some of these poster's trade package proposals are not what THEY would trade, rather just ballparks of what they think it would take - ie: what they think Columbus would ask for.

For instance, when answering the OP's question "what would it take to get Nash" I said this:

2012 1st round pick
Valteri Filpulla
Jan Mursak
Brendan Smith

I didn't say Holland should make the deal, or that I would want him to, but this is a lot closer to what Howson would ask for than say Cleary, Tatar, Eaves and a 2nd round pick. Basically, it would take a massivef****** package to land Nash, and rightfully so.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#48 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

You had me with how much Nyquist and Smith mean but fell off big at what Nash is worth. Our 1st are basically 2nd because they're so late and Almquist may never be NHL material let alone good. I think Holland would trade Nyquist for Nash but not Smith. I think he'd do Nyquist + Ericsson+Andersson+1st and that's about double value of your proposal and I'm not even sure Columbus would agree to that.

#49 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

No, no, no, no, no, no and no.

Do I make myself clear?
Posted Image

#50 Kass

Kass

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

Nash's value to the Jackets is much higher than his point totals this year, or even his career-average point totals, would suggest. The man isn't just a 'franchise player', he IS the franchise. 90% of the jerseys in Nationwide on any given game night will be #61. He is just about the ONLY thing Jackets fans have to look forward to before the start of every season, and the only name on the Jackets that casual hockey fans in Ohio are guaranteed to know. He brings in far more in ticket sales, merchandise, and general marketability than any single player on the Red Wings right now or in the last six years.

He is nearly on the same level as Yzerman when it comes to his personal value to the franchise, and yet everybody here seems to think they can give up a single high pick, two or three prospects, plus Hudler and get the rock that the Blue Jackets are built upon. It's not going to happen. You need to give Columbus something that will allow them to either compete immediately or gives them a very, very bright future, and Hudler + the 30th overall pick + Mursak + Tatar does not fall into that category. Frankly, if you want Rick Nash then you're going to have to take a beating on par with, or maybe even worse than, the Kessel trade, and I doubt Holland would be willing to do that.

#51 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:35 AM

Filpulla Kronwall Kindl & Emmerton & 1st round for Nash & Tyutin.

this would possably get it done, not saying i would do it thou.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#52 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:30 AM

Filpulla Kronwall Kindl & Emmerton & 1st round for Nash & Tyutin.

this would possably get it done, not saying i would do it thou.

Imo that would be a good deal for Columbus and af****** terrible one for us.

Imagine losing Lidstrom, Stuart and Kronwall for next season. Even if we got our hands on Suter we'd look weak as hell on D.

#53 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Franzen and Kindl would get Nash out of Columbus, everything else being equal. It will never happen, but they'd take it and so would I.

Edited by kipwinger, 05 February 2012 - 02:24 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#54 Probie

Probie

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

No way Nash gets traded for kindl and franzen. Holland would
Make that trade in a heartbeat and laugh himself to death.

#55 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

agreed

No thanks. Carter is a prima donna....and he is injury proned. He has been really disrespectful to the Columbus organization and is STILL whining about getting traded there. I'd take Nash over Carter in a heartbeat and I am not that big of a fan.
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#56 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

Would love Nash here, he would be a freaking beast. However as other people here have said Nash is a franchise player and you dont get these types of players by giving them s***. More importantly though I dont see paying him 7.8 mil a year (until 2018) when dats is at 6.7 mil but who knows.

To Columbus: Johan Franzen
Valteri Filpulla
Joakim Andersson
Jakub Kindl
Jiri Hudler
1st and 2nd round picks

To Detroit: Rick Nash
Jeff Carter
Antoine Vermette

SAME DAY

To Anaheim: Brad Stuart
Jeff Carter
Daniel Cleary
Fabian Brunnstrom
Thomas Mccullom

To Detroit: Bobby Ryan
Jeff Deslaureir
Andrew Cogliano
Cam Fowler

*Edit: I think I got carried away

Edited by 13dangledangle, 05 February 2012 - 09:34 PM.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#57 Hatchet Barry

Hatchet Barry

Long Live The Winged Wheel

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

Would love Nash here, he would be a freaking beast. However as other people here have said Nash is a franchise player and you dont get these types of players by giving them s***. More importantly though I dont see paying him 7.8 mil a year (until 2018) when dats is at 6.7 mil but who knows.

Valteri Filpulla
Joakim Andersson
Jakub Kindl
Jiri Hudler
1st and 2nd round picks

Jeff Carter
Antoine Vermette

SAME DAY

Jeff Carter
Daniel Cleary
Fabian Brunnstrom
Thomas Mccullom

Jeff Deslaureir
Andrew Cogliano
Cam Fowler

You think???

Never undersestimate the predictability of stupidity

#58 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

Valteri Filpulla
Joakim Andersson
Jakub Kindl
Jiri Hudler
1st and 2nd round picks

Jeff Carter
Antoine Vermette

SAME DAY

Jeff Carter
Daniel Cleary
Fabian Brunnstrom
Thomas Mccullom

Jeff Deslaureir
Andrew Cogliano
Cam Fowler

Pretty funny. So then what?

Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Nash
Ryan - Zeterberg - Vermette
Abdlekader - Cogliano - Miller
Holmstrom - Helm - Mursak
Emmerton
Eaves

Lidstrom White
Kronwall Fowler
Ericsson Smith

Howard
Conklin
Deslaurier

Man, would that even be like watching the Wings? :hehe:
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#59 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:48 PM

Valteri Filpulla
Joakim Andersson
Jakub Kindl
Jiri Hudler
1st and 2nd round picks

Jeff Carter
Antoine Vermette

SAME DAY

Jeff Carter
Daniel Cleary
Fabian Brunnstrom
Thomas Mccullom

Jeff Deslaureir
Andrew Cogliano
Cam Fowler

I'd take it haha

Bert- dats- Nash on a line together? DEADLY

Ryan, Z, vermette on the 2nd line? WOW

White, Kronner, fowler and lidstrom* on D? SICK

*if lids retires then weber or suter

Too bad it wouldn't happen

Edited by wingsfan4795, 05 February 2012 - 11:51 PM.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#60 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

Pretty funny. So then what?

Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Nash
Ryan - Zeterberg - Vermette
Abdlekader - Cogliano - Miller
Holmstrom - Helm - Mursak
Emmerton
Eaves

Lidstrom White
Kronwall Fowler
Ericsson Smith

Howard
Conklin
Deslaurier

Man, would that even be like watching the Wings? :hehe:

I was drinking heavily & enjoying superbowl sunday while deciding these trades but none the less I was more thinking....

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Nash

Ryan-Zetterberg-Nyquist

Tatar-Vermette-Mursak

Eaves-Helm-Cogliano

Abby/Emmerton

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Smith

Ericsson-Fowler

Commadore

Howard
Deslaurier

:beerbuddy:

Edited by 13dangledangle, 06 February 2012 - 12:40 AM.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.