• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/12 GDT : Flyers 3 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

I will be at the game on Tuesday night...we have friends coming in from Florida to watch it with us. To think we could be watching history...sends chills down my spine.

True. Some points in favor of this era, however, is not only the parity within the system but the speed of the game.

But the Flyers had to contend with Montreal and Boston in their era.

The league is, however, more competitive today. That's why I said this streak is pretty impressive in this day and age, even if shootout victories are involved.

But the Flyers had to contend with Montreal and Boston in their era.

The league is, however, more competitive today. That's why I said this streak is pretty impressive in this day and age, even if shootout victories are involved.

I also think it's impressive considering the cap era. When I think about it, the teams we had in the past all had great home records. You would think the teams in the early 2000's would've tied or beaten the streak.

I also think it's impressive considering the cap era. When I think about it, the teams we had in the past all had great home records. You would think the teams in the early 2000's would've tied or beaten the streak.

Like this forward corps in 02-03 if you only look at names and not context.

Shanahan-Fedorov-Yzerman

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Hull

Maltby-Draper-McCarty

Robitaille-Larionov-Holmstrom

Guest Crymson

Ties made it harder.

Ties made it harder.

Very much so. I think that the pundits will be pointing that out a lot, but they won't be pointing out the parity in the league at the same time. I think it all washes out in the end.

Keep it rolling Wings!

Looks like Rinaldo is meeting with Shanny about that charging on Big E. Didn't think it was worthy of a suspension, just a bad penalty. Boarding call on Homer too, just a bad penalty. IMO

My link

Left his feet and contacted the head. I'm not surprised he's having to talk with Shanny.

I don't know that it warrants a suspension, but it seems like every time I hear this guys name its for some dumbass move. Didn't he just slewfoot someone a few games ago?

Left his feet and contacted the head. I'm not surprised he's having to talk with Shanny.

I don't know that it warrants a suspension, but it seems like every time I hear this guys name its for some dumbass move. Didn't he just slewfoot someone a few games ago?

Agreed, the guy is always in the news, but for all the wrong reasons.

The penalty was enough, but with his low wage and non vital role for that team, a fine would hurt him more.