• Please log in to reply
592 replies to this topic

#581 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,724 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

True. Some points in favor of this era, however, is not only the parity within the system but the speed of the game.

But the Flyers had to contend with Montreal and Boston in their era.

The league is, however, more competitive today. That's why I said this streak is pretty impressive in this day and age, even if shootout victories are involved.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#582 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

But the Flyers had to contend with Montreal and Boston in their era.

The league is, however, more competitive today. That's why I said this streak is pretty impressive in this day and age, even if shootout victories are involved.

I also think it's impressive considering the cap era. When I think about it, the teams we had in the past all had great home records. You would think the teams in the early 2000's would've tied or beaten the streak.

#583 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

Hope this works... if we could photoshop a Wing into it... that would make it perfect

Posted Image

#584 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

I also think it's impressive considering the cap era. When I think about it, the teams we had in the past all had great home records. You would think the teams in the early 2000's would've tied or beaten the streak.

Like this forward corps in 02-03 if you only look at names and not context.

Shanahan-Fedorov-Yzerman
Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Hull
Maltby-Draper-McCarty
Robitaille-Larionov-Holmstrom

#585 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:16 PM

Franzen? Does he still play for the Red Wings?

Goal number 22, another game winner?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#586 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:55 AM

Ties made it harder.

#587 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

Ties made it harder.

Very much so. I think that the pundits will be pointing that out a lot, but they won't be pointing out the parity in the league at the same time. I think it all washes out in the end.

Keep it rolling Wings!
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#588 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

Unbeatable at home with a 50/50 road record means a 4-1 playoff series when each round :)
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#589 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

I only got to see the highlights so far but it looked like a great game...and Z appears to be stepping up as well which is nice to see, job well done, congrats boys :thumbup:
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#590 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

Looks like Rinaldo is meeting with Shanny about that charging on Big E. Didn't think it was worthy of a suspension, just a bad penalty. Boarding call on Homer too, just a bad penalty. IMO

My link

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#591 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,909 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:51 AM

Looks like Rinaldo is meeting with Shanny about that charging on Big E. Didn't think it was worthy of a suspension, just a bad penalty. Boarding call on Homer too, just a bad penalty. IMO

My link

Left his feet and contacted the head. I'm not surprised he's having to talk with Shanny.

I don't know that it warrants a suspension, but it seems like every time I hear this guys name its for some dumbass move. Didn't he just slewfoot someone a few games ago?

#592 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

Left his feet and contacted the head. I'm not surprised he's having to talk with Shanny.

I don't know that it warrants a suspension, but it seems like every time I hear this guys name its for some dumbass move. Didn't he just slewfoot someone a few games ago?

Agreed, the guy is always in the news, but for all the wrong reasons.

The penalty was enough, but with his low wage and non vital role for that team, a fine would hurt him more.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#593 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

So we were at #19 against the Ducks for a win, and #20 against the Flyers for a win. Who wants to send tickets for us to go to #21? ;)

Edited by Casey, 13 February 2012 - 02:58 PM.

Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.