272 replies to this topic

#21 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,624 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

Tonight's Officials
Referees Eric Furlatt (#27) & Dean Morton (#36) Linesmen Shane Heyer (#55) & Derek Nansen (#70)

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#22 scottishredwing

scottishredwing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

Play hard for full game and wings should win. 6-3 goal fest.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#23 SetecX

SetecX

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

With a win the Wings clinch a playoff spot. Alternatively, if the Wings get just 1 point, they can clinch if the Kings and Sharks both lose in regulation.

#24 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

I'm hearing no Howard until Wednesday.

I also heard over the weekend that Howard was ruled out until WED. It's going to be Conklin I'd say

Any one else think Fil is going to dominate again tonight?

Looks like Jimmy's return has been pushed back until Friday vs. the Preds. Per Khan:

And goaltender Jimmy Howard has targeted Friday for his return from a strained groin.

“That's the ideal plan, Friday,'' Howard said. "Get several really good practices under my belt and continue to work in the weight room, strengthening it and see how it holds.''

He has faced shots the past two practices and said he "felt like I can do everything. Now continue to keep practicing for a couple of days and we'll see.''

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#25 Fonzarelli

Fonzarelli

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

Franzen out tonight per Babcock Red Wings Twitter.

Even when he's in - he's out. He says he has to get his conditioning back. He has to get up to coasting speed. Like that needs a lot of work,

#26 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,256 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

Win and move up to a 5 point lead on Chicago and move ahead of the Preds. Sounds like a good enough reason to me.
Posted Image

BOOOOOOGA!!

Edited by MidMichSteve, 26 March 2012 - 01:04 PM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#27 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

For the 15 year anniversary of the Avs/Wings March 26 brawl game I'll be showing the game in it's entirety at 3:34 CT....hopefully starting at the time. That way it ends right when pregame starts for today's game.

4:34 ET

Edited by drumnj, 26 March 2012 - 01:08 PM.

Your any-time FSD online source, with pre and post game coverage along with any Red Wings specials.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#28 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,755 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

Looks like Round 1 opponent will be Nashville. Just remains to be seen whether we'll have home ice advantage or Nashville. Sigh.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#29 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 972 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

A win would be nice and most importantly that everyone come out healthy.
Go Wings !

#30 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

Tough games coming up so this is a must-win. Go Wings! :thumbup:
Thank You TeeMan

#31 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

Start playing consistently. Keep the pressure on and attack like last game. Eliminate mistakes and bury the Jackets when you get the opportunity. With each game, Pav and Nick will get better, and if nothing else, take enough pressure off of Fil and Hank so that they can continue to dominate.

Detroit 5 - 2 Columbus

Hank and Fil combine for 5 points.
Datsyuk with 2 points.
PP with at least one goal.

#32 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

Nyquist with the Ovechtrick.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#33 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

A good start and Win, please.

:siren: LGW! :siren:

Edited by syntax, 26 March 2012 - 05:23 PM.

The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#34 cnot19

cnot19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

Just win that is all
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#35 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

I feel good about this one coming off a strong spirited effort in the last game. My predictions have been pretty rough this year but I'll give it another try with a 4-1 Wings victory. LGW! :siren:

#36 Anijuice

Anijuice

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

Please don't lose

#37 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

For the 15 year anniversary of the Avs/Wings March 26 brawl game I'll be showing the game in it's entirety at 3:34 CT....hopefully starting at the time. That way it ends right when pregame starts for today's game.

4:34 ET

So I ended up starting this late thanks to a meeting that went long.
Will pick it back up, in the middle of the 2nd, at the conclusion of today's post-game.

Your any-time FSD online source, with pre and post game coverage along with any Red Wings specials.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#38 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

These 2 games against Columbus are a perfect opportunity for Babcock to get the team powerplay going finally. That is one of the key things I am going to take away from these 2 games. GO WINGS!

#39 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

Alright! Time for the Wings to get their game back together as the playoffs come closer day by day. I'm hoping to see the Wings have that same jump they had on the Canes for the 2nd half of that game. It'd also be nice to see Nyquist finally get that goal, he's come so close on numerous occasions but has had no luck. Here's to a good game and by that I mean a dominating performance by the Wings.

Red Wings 5 (Datsyuk, Nyquist, Kronwall, Zetterberg, Bertuzzi)
Blue Jackets 2

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

#40 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

Totally useless bit of info:

I attended a dinner Friday night for the Predators Foundation. One of the men at my table played college hockey with Larry Murphy.

Dude was a douchebag.