• Please log in to reply
699 replies to this topic

#661 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,069 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

Man, if only games really were two and a half minutes long, like the Wings seem to genuinely believe they are.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#662 ValpoHockey

ValpoHockey

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

I don't understand people ragging on the city of Nashville. The Red Wings ARE from the city Detroit, which doesn't have a good reputation itself. It's a small market team that has had some success. It's not like they're Phoenix or Dallas, who have absolutely no fan base.

#663 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

Just another disgracefulf****** loss at home. This is ridiculous and especially to a slightly better than medicocre opponent with a medicore defense and goaltending. They made Crawford look great and the truth of the matter is he's no big deal and never has been. Where the hell is Illitch? Hopefully we'll be hearing from him after our early exit in the playoffs. He's the owner so let 'em do something about this fiasco and the jackasses that answer to 'em.

I agree with going bold in the offseason, everyone is getting better and Holland cant stand pat (again). The Wings have a solid enough core to compete with some mey additions. I don't agree about your thoughts on this game. IMO, the Hawks defense and Crawford played a great game. The Wings stepped up and didn't come up in the stupidest way to end a game in all of sports.

#664 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

I don't understand people ragging on the city of Nashville. The Red Wings ARE from the city Detroit, which doesn't have a good reputation itself. It's a small market team that has had some success. It's not like they're Phoenix or Dallas, who have absolutely no fan base.

Agreed, for a relatively new team they have good fans whether they are knowledgeable or not on the game itself they are there making noise, supporting the team. That arena gets pretty damn loud, should be a good one.

Edited by Yak19, 07 April 2012 - 03:00 PM.

#665 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

Given our tendency to pick it up in the playoffs, and given that Nashville lives and dies on three guys, I'm calling the first round upset here and now.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#666 lnewland

lnewland

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

They pulled the goalie and went for it, I applaud them for it. Time to take care of business and get the job done.

#667 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

And the lack of TV exposure this series will likely get.

Which I can't really fault NBC, Nashville is boring as s*** to watch. The games might be earlier than out West, but there is much more risk of dozing watching the Preds. Please, hockey gods, let Radulov go for a leisurely puck-watching float up the right wing boards leaving his zone...

#668 Chunkylover

Chunkylover

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

Good game. Wings have some positives to build on going into Nashville.

#669 SoupSnake

SoupSnake

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

Please, hockey gods, let Radulov go for a leisurely puck-watching float up the right wing boards leaving his zone...

Hahaha, can't say i'm not wishing for the same thing.

#670 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

Chicago just pulled off the biggest trolljob in history.

-Lead 2-0 only to blow the lead with 35 secs to go

-Tanked for the 6th seed to get likely Phoenix or SJ

-Pulled their goalie with 15 secs to go, as if to give us a chance to win the game and get 4th

-goes to overtime, game doesn't even matter for them

-Kane does same move as Datsyuk, but scores

bringit.jpg

#671 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

-Pulled their goalie with 15 secs to go, as if to give us a chance to win the game and get 4th

Agreed. They got what they wanted and on top of that they beat us.

#672 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,553 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

Who's hoping SJ wins the Pacific now? Chicago vs. San Jose; one ******-bag team will be knocked out for sure in the first round.

Same thing would happen if Sharks met Vancouver in the first round. And it would also mean there'd be 50% less diving for the rest of the playoffs.

#673 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

Facepalm*

the things some people convince themselves of

#674 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

missed the game, how did sheahan look, better than emmerton?
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#675 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

Have you been to a game in Nashville? They are the most ignorant hockey fans I have ever met. Most aren't even watching the game as they are too busy blowing their silly TooToo toy gazoos. LOL......I just rhymed.

#676 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

Just another disgracefulf****** loss at home. This is ridiculous and especially to a slightly better than medicocre opponent with a medicore defense and goaltending. They made Crawford look great and the truth of the matter is he's no big deal and never has been. Where the hell is Illitch? Hopefully we'll be hearing from him after our early exit in the playoffs. He's the owner so let 'em do something about this fiasco and the jackasses that answer to 'em.

Wow, that is something! The team dominated at times. They lacked the finishing push, but there were many chances. Crawford maybe not be amazing, but he played quite well today. The Red Wings battled back and tied the game. I'm not sure what you think the words "disgraceful, ridiculous, or fiasco mean" but I'd check the dictionary if I were you.

#677 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

Wow, that is something! The team dominated at times. They lacked the finishing push, but there were many chances. Crawford maybe not be amazing, but he played quite well today. The Red Wings battled back and tied the game. I'm not sure what you think the words "disgraceful, ridiculous, or fiasco mean" but I'd check the dictionary if I were you.

Yep, Wings carried the play some very good pressure sequences, Crawford was the difference, goaltending is part of the game.

#678 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,176 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

Given our tendency to pick it up in the playoffs, and given that Nashville lives and dies on three guys, I'm calling the first round upset here and now.

Shows you how far we've fallen, that beating Nashville is considered an upset.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#679 Winged Wheel

Winged Wheel

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

[quote name='PavelValerievichDatsyuk' timestamp='1333829521' post='2279838']

I think you better learn the game. Keep watching. Hopefully, you'll eventually catch-on.

#680 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

1) Sucks to be banking on some hopeful playoff switch, which this team very well may not have.
2) The Wings live and die by three or four guys, too. And right now, no one is clicking offensively.
3) First-round upset by beating Nashville is a bit of an oxymoron (or it should be), but they definitely have the edge in goaltending and home ice.