Guest blueadams

Game 5 Lines?

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Hudler-Zetterberg-Filppula

Nyquist-Emmerton-Miller

Cleary-Abdelkader-Holmstrom

...I think you go with familiarity in the top six. Those are the top two lines we used for most of the regular season. Those are the top two lines we used during our long winning streak. Those are the best top two lines we've seen all season. Might not be the best possible top two line combinations; but it's a little late to be experimenting with something new, isn't it?

...Third line, I think you HAVE to go with Nyquist-Emmerton-Miller. Scored two goals together in game two and then got mysteriously broken up for some reason!? That was the closest thing we had to a solid, contributing third line all season. Roll it.

...Fourth line, you've got three very hard-working players. Shouldn't hurt us.

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Stuart

Quincey-Ericsson

...Same deal. Familiarity in the top four. That's how we played most of the regular season, during our winning streak, our best hockey.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Hudler-Zetterberg-Filppula

Nyquist-Emmerton-Miller

Cleary-Abdelkader-Holmstrom

...I think you go with familiarity in the top six. Those are the top two lines we used for most of the regular season. Those are the top two lines we used during our long winning streak. Those are the best top two lines we've seen all season. Might not be the best possible top two line combinations; but it's a little late to be experimenting with something new, isn't it?

...Third line, I think you HAVE to go with Nyquist-Emmerton-Miller. Scored two goals together in game two and then got mysteriously broken up for some reason!? That was the closest thing we had to a solid, contributing third line all season. Roll it.

...Fourth line, you've got three very hard-working players. Shouldn't hurt us.

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Stuart

Quincey-Ericsson

...Same deal. Familiarity in the top four. That's how we played most of the regular season, during our winning streak, our best hockey.

Why does everyone want Bert on the top 3 all the time, this line worked in the regular season but has done nothing in the playoffs. As far as i'm concerned might as well throw all 12 forward in a mixer and pull names out. I'm not much for putting up lines but here is what I would do :

Franzen - Datsyuk - Nyquist

Zetterberg - Flip - Cleary

Bertuzzi - Abdelkader - Hudler

Homer - Who Cares - Miller

On D I would let Quincey and Ericcson play a s*** load, they have both been pretty good.

I'm not really sure if anything is going to work at this time but I'd try something like this.

Filppula- Datsyuk- Nyquist

Cleary- Zetterberg- Franzen (used to work, might work now i don't honestly know)

Hudler- Abdelkader- Bertuzzi

Miller- Emmerton- Holmstrom

Lidstrom- White

Kronwall- Smith

Ericsson- Quincey

Yes I left out Stuart as it looks like he is already half way to California. I know probably none of this will actually happen so really doesn't matter.

Honestly, I hate to even say it because I have always been a Filppula supporter but I think he needs a serious shot in the arm right now. He has played way too much on the perimeter so far and Zetterberg has had to carry way too much of the load on that line. I would be in favour of big changes to the lines in Game 4.

Nyquist - Datsyuk - Filppula (this line needs to use it's speed)

Cleary - Zetterberg - Hudler (Cleary has been playing well, he can grind and help Zetterberg down low)

Bertuzzi - Abdelkader - Franzen (Big boddies that need to take the puck to the net)

Miller - Emmerton - Holmstrom

Honestly, I hate to even say it because I have always been a Filppula supporter but I think he needs a serious shot in the arm right now. He has played way too much on the perimeter so far and Zetterberg has had to carry way too much of the load on that line. I would be in favour of big changes to the lines in Game 4.

Cleary - Zetterberg - Hudler (Cleary has been playing well, he can grind and help Zetterberg down low)

Bertuzzi - Abdelkader - Franzen (Big boddies that need to take the puck to the net)

Actually I like this lineup better than mine. Hudler deserves to be there, he's ben more affective than Franzen.

Guest blueadams

So...everyone so far thinks that we should experiment with something brand new in the biggest game of the season.

Been watching Babcock coach for too long, haven't you?

So...everyone so far thinks that we should experiment with something brand new in the biggest game of the season.

What's the problem? The lineup we've iced has score 1-2 goals every game anyways. Why not try something? Can't get any worse.

I love Babs, think he's a great coach and a very level head but lines get a little stale at times.

Anything is worth a shot at this point..hell move Z up to the top line and put Franzen at center on either the 2nd or 3rd line. Whats the worst that can happen? He plays bad? lol Move Ab up maybe to the top 6, give this kid a crack at the top 6, he scored in college..lets see him score here.

What's the problem? The lineup we've iced has score 1-2 goals every game anyways. Why not try something? Can't get any worse.

I'm not one of these crazy over the top fire everybody type fans but if we come out with the same lines for game 5 I will go snap show. Something has to happen.

I'm not one of these crazy over the top fire everybody type fans but if we come out with the same lines for game 5 I will go snap show. Something has to happen.

Exactly. And the fact is were not in our end enough to worry about defensive forwards and stuff like that. We are constantly in there end so why not have Fil- D- Nyquist together. They will probably dominate and create many chances. At this point throw everything out the window and try to spark this team. It's like last year when Fil- Datsyuk- Holmstrom were put together in game 6 and instantly clicked. Why in game 7 did Babcock to Datsyuk- Zetterberg- Holmstrom line why? You found something that worked just leave it. Nyquist and Filppula work with Datsyuk. Use it!

Personally, i dont feel like the lines I posted are drastic changes. Zetterberg and Hudler have been together all season. Bertuzzi and franzen have been together all seaosn. That is the same fourth line we have seen many times throughout the season. Also, Nyquist has spent a good chunk of his time with Datsyuk already. The only difference is placing Filppula with Datsyuk when they haven't played together much this year.

Nyquist - Datsyuk - Filppula

Cleary - Zetterberg - Hudler

Bertuzzi - Abdelkader - Franzen

To me, the Wings need to accentuate certain characteristics of certain lines. It's obvious that the Wings are having trouble grinding and getting to the middle of the offensive zone. When you replace Fil (who has had a tough time driving to the centre lane) with cleary who has been grinding like his old self the last few games you're going to give Zetterberg the down low support he needs. Hudler looked inspired last game and he has been the net pressence on the Z line all year. Bertuzzi and Franzen try to play too much of a fancy style when they're with Datsyuk. Place the bigger body Abdelkader with them and watch them grind NSH down and take pucks to the net (as the Ab line last night was doing).

If Nyquist - Datsyuk - Filppula can use their speed to create a bit of space they could do really well. Plus, by having Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Franzen on separate lines it creates match up problems for Nashville. At various points in the game on of those lines will get to work against the bottom pair D of NSH.

Personally, i dont feel like the lines I posted are drastic changes. Zetterberg and Hudler have been together all season. Bertuzzi and franzen have been together all seaosn. That is the same fourth line we have seen many times throughout the season. Also, Nyquist has spent a good chunk of his time with Datsyuk already. The only difference is placing Filppula with Datsyuk when they haven't played together much this year.

Nyquist - Datsyuk - Filppula

Bertuzzi - Abdelkader - Franzen

To me, the Wings need to accentuate certain characteristics of certain lines. It's obvious that the Wings are having trouble grinding and getting to the middle of the offensive zone. When you replace Fil (who has had a tough time driving to the centre lane) with cleary who has been grinding like his old self the last few games you're going to give Zetterberg the down low support he needs. Hudler looked inspired last game and he has been the net pressence on the Z line all year. Bertuzzi and Franzen try to play too much of a fancy style when they're with Datsyuk. Place the bigger body Abdelkader with them and watch them grind NSH down and take pucks to the net (as the Ab line last night was doing).

If Nyquist - Datsyuk - Filppula can use their speed to create a bit of space they could do really well. Plus, by having Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Franzen on separate lines it creates match up problems for Nashville. At various points in the game on of those lines will get to work against the bottom pair D of NSH.

Totally agree with these lines. That would be the lines I would throw out next game if I were Babcock. Won't happen, but thats what I would do.

Totally agree with these lines. That would be the lines I would throw out next game if I were Babcock. Won't happen, but thats what I would do.

I would also consider:

Nyquist - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi/Franzen

Miller - Filppula - Franzen/Bertuzzi

Connor - Abdelkader - Holmstrom

Obviously Filppula hasn't played centre all year so this is extremely unlikely. But the reasoning would be that I think the Wings lack of a 4th line that can grind and garner some momentum has hurt them so much more than we realize. The 4th needs to play more than 5 mins a game. It helps to create match up problems for the other team and it should be used to tire out NSH d pairings.

I likel everyones suggestion of fil with pavs and nyquist... I think thatt would be a fantastic line that would have such a good mixture of speed and skill that i think it could get us right back in this series. And honestly it is obvious that fil is not effective offensively so far and pavel has had zero support so this change could be huge for the wings.

Filpulla-datsyuk-nyquist

Cleary-zetterberg-hudler (worked before ,hudler is playing better than useless franzen)

Bertuzzi-abdelkator-franzen

Miller-emmerton-homer

Lidstrom-white

Kronners-stu

Ericsson-quincy

I think these lines could spark eneergy and get us back into this series...also howard has got to make some big saves for us...he has not been the reason we have lost two games but he also did not help us win.

I likel everyones suggestion of fil with pavs and nyquist... I think thatt would be a fantastic line that would have such a good mixture of speed and skill that i think it could get us right back in this series. And honestly it is obvious that fil is not effective offensively so far and pavel has had zero support so this change could be huge for the wings.

Filpulla-datsyuk-nyquist

Cleary-zetterberg-hudler (worked before ,hudler is playing better than useless franzen)

Miller-emmerton-homer

Lidstrom-white

Kronners-stu

Ericsson-quincy

I think these lines could spark eneergy and get us back into this series...also howard has got to make some big saves for us...he has not been the reason we have lost two games but he also did not help us win.

Filpulla-datsyuk-nyquist

Miller-emmerton-homer

Lidstrom-white

Kronners-stu

Ericsson-quincy

Filpulla-datsyuk-nyquist

Miller-emmerton-homer

Lidstrom-white

Kronners-stu

Ericsson-quincy

Exactly what i would go with and for the exact same reasons. Hudler over Franzen because he is atleast working harder and being more affective than Franzen.

I have always been against franzen playing with pavel for like the past two seasons...franzen just wastes pavels time out there. I was at both games this week and there were times where pavel got the puck and was rushing it and franzen was behind our freakin Dmen!! Because of that pavel dumped it in and skated to the bench annoyed. Mike babs is a great coach but he waits too long to change his lines. Pretty funny that we can sit here and come up witht better lines then what babcock has come up with. Get it done babs!

I have always been against franzen playing with pavel for like the past two seasons...franzen just wastes pavels time out there. I was at both games this week and there were times where pavel got the puck and was rushing it and franzen was behind our freakin Dmen!! Because of that pavel dumped it in and skated to the bench annoyed. Mike babs is a great coach but he waits too long to change his lines. Pretty funny that we can sit here and come up witht better lines then what babcock has come up with. Get it done babs!

Franzen has never really been good with Pavel. There styles don't really gel together. Franzen has always been good with either zetterberg or Filppula, but at this point I don't think it really matters who he plays with because all he does is float around and waste his linemates hard work. Guy needs to go, this team can't afford to have passengers tie down there aging superstars (Datsyuk, Zetterberg)

Not gonna lie it looks bleak but I think they can draw on experience from last year.

Datsyuk-zetterberg-Cleary

Franzen-Filpula-Bertuzzi

Abdelkader-Emmerton-Hudler

Nyquist-Sheahan-Miller

Lidstrom-Stuart

Kronwall-Ericsson

Quincey-White

Big Jim

1st line: Datsyuk Zetterberg Hudler

(Hank and Pasha NEED to be on the same line again)

2nd line: Franzen Bertuzzi Cleary

(This has proven to work in the past)

3rd line: Filpula Abdelkader Miller

‎4th line: Emmerton Holmstrom Nyquist

I posted my thoughts last night

Go old school.

Hank Dats Homer. Homer slow but he skates and battles his heart out. Hes not doing s*** on the 3rd line anyway. Will battle harder then franzen too

Franzen Fil Huds. Playoff no shows will show something.

Clears Abs Bert. Grind and hit

Miller Em Mursak. If mursak is good to go bring the speed. no point in playing nyquist if your going to have him on a line with homer and em.

Big E Lids

Kronwall White

Quiency Stuart