• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shoe

So Who Do You Cheer For Now?

Rate this topic

After the wings lost the 2 games at home I was hoping for at the very least a game 5 win so I could get to watch one more game on Sunday, now Im going to have to figure out something else to do this weekend.

Hockey isnt over for me yet I will still watch.

The Ottawa NY series has interested me, and I'll also cheer agains the Penguins, it would ease the early exit to also see philly finnish off the Penguins and if they cant do it I hope they wore them out enough that the next round is hard hard hard against the Penguins. The 1st Round has been very strange as far as a changing of the guard especially in the west, sure would be weird to see LA Nashville St Louis and Pheonix all go on probably not the greatest for ratings tho, o well.

Since the league decided that if you so much as pass gas in front of a player in the Pitt/Flyers series, you'll be thrown out, I think all the series have become more timid, i.e., boring.

But, I don't have any ill will toward the Predators, and now that we are out, if they go on to win the cup (although nothing about them strikes me as a cup worthy champion), it would be a great underdog story. So, my support is with them.

I hate Vancouver, Chicago, Phx, StL, LA, SJ, and the eastern teams are just boring to me (except the flyers/pitt series, but now that one's even turned boring).

I want violence and I want scoring.

I'd love to see Paul win it all. But other than that, it's pretty much done for me. My housemate is a Bruins fan, so she'll be rooting her guys on, but for me, I think my apathy is running rampant right now.

I love to see Philly win because I can't stand the s***birds, but I'm not cheering for them so much as I'm rooting against Pittsburgh. So hockey is essentially over for me. I have one team, and they're not in it anymore.

Besides, IT'S BASEBALL SEASON!

I just cannot stand to see an Eastern team win the cup. I know I am biased but I feel that its an inferior conference full of prima donnas and whiners. I guess at this point I am rooting for Phoenix as it may help them keep their team or LA maybe?

Edited by FedorovGurl

Guest irishock

I just cannot stand to see an Eastern team win the cup. I know I am biased but I feel that its an inferior conference full of prima donnas and whiners. I guess at this point I am rooting for Phoenix as it may help them keep their team or LA maybe?

So you can't stand Ottawa winning the cup but you rather have Vancouver, San Jose and Chicago win the cup?

It's really a process of elimination for me.

NOT the Blues

NOT the Hawks

NOT the Preds

NOT the Pens

NOT the Sens

If anyone else wins, I'm ok with that.

I wouldn't mind seeing St. Louis win it. They're doing what we couldn't do in the last two years, and they aren't being timid about the crap SJ is pulling either.

You actually raise a very good point, hadn't thought about STL, even if they are a division rival.

Well I guess that I'm pulling for the Blues now. I'm interested in how far the Preds go though. Just hoping the Flyers finish of the Pens next game. My hatred for the Pens will never go away.

If the rest plays out as intended from the West:

Considering the Kings scoring woes are still intact (2.5 GPG this post-season,) they're desperately going to need to find their scoring touch against the likes of Elliott and the Blues.

Phoenix/Nashville is an utter crap shoot. They both like to strangle opposing offenses. That series will like be determined who can score first.