• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shoe

So Who Do You Cheer For Now?

Rate this topic

I liked the Preds during the regular season, but I couldn't root for them after they eliminated us. Also, I'll probably harbor a never ending hatred towards Weber, even if he comes to DET next season. Guess it's Kings and Flyers from here on out.

Best case scenario for me:

La beats nsh in west finals

Wsh beats nyr in east finals

LA wins the cup for the first time ever!

La and nsh would be the ultimate goalie battle

tumblr_m2t8y5h4cD1qb4rpho1_400.jpg

I've been On many losing teams, so I know this feeling well. It's probably magnified because it's the Stanley cup playoffs and because he's a goalie.

I couldnt imagine being a goalie in this situation, even though he played well

For me now, hockey is no longer an obsession, just an interest I keep tabs on like baseball. I'll always root for the Wings first, but I hope some fresh blood makes it through. I like what Hitchcock has done for St. Louis, and I think they will make it to the WCF and the SCF. I agree that it's an easier loss to take losing to the Preds versus the Sharks (very minimally) because for me the Sharks are classless. All the snowings on Jimmy, the dives, etc. irritate me far worse than losing to a team with a good goalie. The Preds can go far too, but it will be interesting to see how they fare against Phoenix (although they may lull me to sleep with their styles of play) and maybe St. Louis. In the East, I think Boston will make another drive to the finals, trying to defend the cup, but the Rangers may give them a run for their money. Should be interesting either way, just not as much without my boys still in the mix.

I don't just downright dislike any teams, but the three below I won't feel sorry if they get eliminated.

Pitt - Obvious reasons.

Philadelphia - Nothing too much against the team, just don't like Philly fans in general.

Nashville - Nothing against the team either, or Weber and the incident (sucks that it happened obviously but after the 2nd/3rd game it was pretty much water under the bridge to me), 100% because of their fans. Razzing the goalie or the other team in game action, never really bugged me, but right after the game/series ended when they cheered you suck, that did it for me. They could be saying things that are plenty worse, it might be "just what they do", it's still a piss-poor thing to do. Celebrate without being a bunch of jackasses.

So, those three primarily, but in all likelihood whoever wins now probably won't make me lose sleep at night.

I don't just downright dislike any teams, but the three below I won't feel sorry if they get eliminated.

Pitt - Obvious reasons.

Philadelphia - Nothing too much against the team, just don't like Philly fans in general.

Nashville - Nothing against the team either, or Weber and the incident (sucks that it happened obviously but after the 2nd/3rd game it was pretty much water under the bridge to me), 100% because of their fans. Razzing the goalie or the other team in game action, never really bugged me, but right after the game/series ended when they cheered you suck, that did it for me. They could be saying things that are plenty worse, it might be "just what they do", it's still a piss-poor thing to do. Celebrate without being a bunch of jackasses.

So, those three primarily, but in all likelihood whoever wins now probably won't make me lose sleep at night.

As a longtime Preds fan, I can completely understand that. I am tired of the "you suck" that people in our building have to interject into most everything, but especially when they play that song at the end of a game and never moreso than last night during the handshake line. At this point I think it's a conditioned Pavlovian reaction by most of the people there. They hear the song and just react. I think the arena staff could keep it from happening (if they wanted to) if they just didn't play the song, or if last night they had at least stopped it before the handshakes. At the end of every other game it's stupid because by the time they play the song, the opposing team has left the ice and everybody's yelling that crap when the Preds are saluting the fans by raising their sticks before they leave the ice.

Not sure what, if anything, I accomplished by sharing that, but if nothing else it was worth it just to let you know that not all of us take part in it, and some wish it didn't take place at all.

As a longtime Preds fan, I can completely understand that. I am tired of the "you suck" that people in our building have to interject into most everything, but especially when they play that song at the end of a game and never moreso than last night during the handshake line. At this point I think it's a conditioned Pavlovian reaction by most of the people there. They hear the song and just react. I think the arena staff could keep it from happening (if they wanted to) if they just didn't play the song, or if last night they had at least stopped it before the handshakes. At the end of every other game it's stupid because by the time they play the song, the opposing team has left the ice and everybody's yelling that crap when the Preds are saluting the fans by raising their sticks before they leave the ice.

Not sure what, if anything, I accomplished by sharing that, but if nothing else it was worth it just to let you know that not all of us take part in it, and some wish it didn't take place at all.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt in that regard then.

And I'll re-emphasize, that personally I'm not offended or throwing a hissy fit at somebody saying you suck in itself. I've heard plenty worse. The concept of it and mocking somebody else, whether it is G-rated or R-rated, after something has concluded and when the opponent has done probably little/nothing to piss you off, just isn't right.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I'd like to see Phoenix do well. They succeed despite all the odds.

Thank you for this. It takes a very classy person to admit that their team's fans can be cold and cruel. In all the years I've been a Wings fan, I've never heard our fans do anything like that. Yeah, we boo certain players when they have the puck (Hossa and Fedorov come to mind), but you won't hear our fans doing the kind of stuff they were doing in Nashville. I like to think we're above that.