• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Namingway

2012 World Ice Hockey Championships

Rate this topic

Anybody thinking that International hockey is looking more like NHL on bigger ice, lots more after whistle stuff, before International hockey was pretty clean.

Noticed this too, and more physical play in general. Might be related to how the big NHL names seem a lot more willing to travel to these tournaments now than before, for some reason the players care more for the WC now than some years ago. It's nice to see, even if the WC will never be a truly comprehensive tournament because of the NHL season conflicts.

Guest Johnz96

I just watched the replay of the Canada Slovakia game on TSN2, Tatar played great and the TSN annoucers kept talking about how good he was all game long. Showed a lot of speed, made some nice defensive plays, created some offense and was even physical going to the net, going at it with Jeff Skinner a couple of times (even ran him over once) and had Tavares lined up for a huge hit at center ice when Tavares saw him at the last second and threw himself on the ice to avoid most of the hit.

Tatar looked good playing against NHL players and seems ready to be in the NHL not only to play but to be productive. I hope the Wings brass watched that game and give him a chance next season. The Sauce was arguably the best player on the ice, the Slovaks owned the puck whenever he was on the ice and he was the catalyst. He was also one of the best players in the first game against Canada, I am especially impressed with how well he played defensively and the grit and determination he displayed

Because Yemelin <_<

throw Nikulin and Malkin in, and it's enough for Swedish to root for Finland.

gosh, it could probably work the same the other way around, even if it seems totally impossible and out of place!

Guest Johnz96

Tatar almost puts the nail in the coffin late in the 3rd he gets one through the Kovac's five hole that trcikles by the post.

Uh...

Where the f*** is the Russia game at? I see it listed to be on at 9pm on Versus/NBC sports, but they have some *** ass bike race on instead.

I swear, I hate versus/nbcsports so much.

Looks like the game already happened and the verus/nbc sports listing on the TV lied. I hate that they have pretty much only shown the US games. Since the US is out, I guess they are just not showing any more games. Lame.

Edited by sleepwalker

Guest irishock

Feels like this competition has been better than the NHL playoffs this year. I know we must hate the 'Nucks, Hawks and Pens, but it would've been better if those teams made it further without winning the entire thing. A Canucks SCF loss to the Rangers (again) would have been out of this world.

Uh...

Where the f*** is the Russia game at? I see it listed to be on at 9pm on Versus/NBC sports, but they have some *** ass bike race on instead.

I swear, I hate versus/nbcsports so much.

Looks like the game already happened and the verus/nbc sports listing on the TV lied. I hate that they have pretty much only shown the US games. Since the US is out, I guess they are just not showing any more games. Lame.

I don't know why you would hate NBC Sports. They've done more than any other channel to show hockey and sports not normally shown on any other sports channel. I love them. They are finally going to show some flat track motorcycle racing this summer :clap::yowza:. No other channel has ever done that.

Congrats to team Russia. I have missed the game and my brother told me that Pasha and Semin were excellent and had a great chemistry.

Does anybody know where to watch the game or the highlights ?

Edited by arag

Guest irishock

Congrats to team Russia. I have missed the game and my brother told me that Pasha and Semin were excellent and had a great chemistry.

It's true. I hope we can get both Semin and Parise this offseason. I know Semin's history of having off the ice and work ethic issues, but that could be fixed by coming to Hockeytown.

It's true. I hope we can get both Semin and Parise this offseason. I know Semin's history of having off the ice and work ethic issues, but that could be fixed by coming to Hockeytown.

Thanks !

I have found it on NBC sports 6pm PST in HD. Should be fun.

That would be wonderful to have them on our team. I think Semin will be better playing with Pasha and will feet well in Wings system. We will see about that. I can only hope for Kenny to go hard after those guys.

Go Wings !

More likely there is so much talent on the Wings Semin would think it was safe to slack off.

Hate him or love him - Semin fit like a glove on Pavs wing. If his pricetag is low enough (4.5) and the terms short I wouldnt be upset to see him on the Wings next year. Weve taken on projects/reclaimation projects before ... and hes probably the youngest and most talented renaissance man Hollands ever given a career 2nd life to.