• Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

#1 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

I was looking at the rosters for the 2012 World Championships last night after hearing about Jimmy and Abdelkader on team USA and I wanted to get a look at what the other teams have so far too. I was surprised when I saw all the Red Wings on the Team Sweden roster but I thought that was just a place holder thing since it looked incomplete. I also noticed how sad Team Russia looked with a bunch of randoms from the KHL with the exception of 5 or 6 NHLers including Malkin. Then I came across this link :
http://www.mlive.com...k_to_pla_1.html

Pasha might end up playing with Team Russia, that could be interesting to see what he can do with those guys, for the first time in a while, the Red Wings are out early so they can send a few players to the event.

Henrik Zetterberg, Johan Franzen and Jonathan Ericsson will play for Sweden; Jakub Kindl for the Czech Republic, Valtteri Filppula for Finland; Tomas Tatar for Slovakia.

I think this may be pretty fun to watch our Red Wings in action on the international level, considering the way this year's playoffs are going (I'm looking at you, Western Conference)

Rosters

#2 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

I really rather Pavel and Hank get the rest and train for next season.

bringit.jpg

#3 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

No pulkkinen...

I really rather Pavel and Hank get the rest and train for next season.

They have 5+ months

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#4 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

They have 5+ months

Yeah but both are reaching their mid-30's already. If it was 6-7 years ago they could play as much hockey as they want and that wouldn't hurt them.

bringit.jpg

#5 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,333 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:06 AM

Zetterberg and Järnkrok are both on Team Sweden. Would be cool if they get some time on the same line.. although now that Ottawa are eliminated, I guess Silfverberg and Järnkrok will play together.

I was a little disappointed that Kronwall declined, and even though it was a long shot I'd have liked to see Nyquist get asked. He's definitely better than a few of the non-NHLers on the Swedish roster.

#6 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:23 AM

http://www.ceskatele...-cesko-svedsko/

39:22 Jarnkrok goal

#7 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,219 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:47 AM

I'm glad these guys get a chance to play. This is not normal for these guys to be not playing hockey right now and they, obviously, want to play. Good for them. :thumbup:

#8 Winther

Winther

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:58 AM

I was a little disappointed that Kronwall declined, and even though it was a long shot I'd have liked to see Nyquist get asked. He's definitely better than a few of the non-NHLers on the Swedish roster.

Actually, kronwall changed his mind;

http://www.aftonblad...icle14741401.ab

So that makes it four wings for team sweden (five if you count järnkrok aswell). That should mean gold to the swedes right? I mean, they have the highest wing-quota :).

#9 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:33 AM

But I want Jarnkrok to play for Team Sweden. Stupid NHL players, hehe.

#10 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

Well, it worked in '06...

#11 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

Zetterberg and Järnkrok are both on Team Sweden. Would be cool if they get some time on the same line.. although now that Ottawa are eliminated, I guess Silfverberg and Järnkrok will play together.

Z with Jarnkrok and Nyquist would make a pretty sweet Swedish Winged Wheel line. :thumbup:

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#12 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

Well, it worked in '06...

At least you'll get to keep watching Kronner play.

#13 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

Anyone know if this will be televised at all?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#14 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

Pasha might end up playing with Team Russia, that could be interesting to see what he can do with those guys

He'll be good as long as he doesn't play in the same line with Ove and Semin (which appears to be the case this year).

#15 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

Yeah but both are reaching their mid-30's already. If it was 6-7 years ago they could play as much hockey as they want and that wouldn't hurt them.

It's not any more stressful than if they were still in the playoffs.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#16 thePuckBurger

thePuckBurger

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

Looking forward to the Champs.

What's the TV coverage like where you guys are? Over in the UK we currently have an enormous 0 minutes scheduled, which is nice?! Posted Image

#17 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

TSN is going to have exclusive coverage.

Anyone know if streams are available for this. Was looking forward to seeing some of the guys still playing, plus getting to see the Kronwall brothers play together.

#18 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

All US games will be on NBCSN.

#19 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

Super looking forward to this, but fully expect to have to go trolling for streams at odd hours of the morning in order to be able to watch other countries' games. It's always fun to watch the boys play with their countrymen

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#20 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

Just found this link on the IIHF site for free streams for all the games, some live and some archived on a special YouTube channel.

EDIT: Never mind . . . US is one of the blocked countries. The networks over here are only going to show the US and Canadian games so why not let us see the rest? :ranting:

Edited by Miss Wing Queen, 04 May 2012 - 09:12 AM.