• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Namingway

2012 World Ice Hockey Championships

Rate this topic

Datsyuk scored 1st goal in the game between Norway and Russia (2nd period now)..

Norway scored a 2-2 goal.but it was disallowed.. horrible decision by the ref.. BAH!! Now.. 3-1 Russia instead.. GUTTED!

Im not 100% sure. reffing was bad (not that bad as Finland - Slovakia, but nevertheless) but the goal scorer clearly had skate in the crease

and AFAIR this is still in the rulebook of international hockey. truth being said, there was clear interference from Russian D-man on this play...

Im not 100% sure. reffing was bad (not that bad as Finland - Slovakia, but nevertheless) but the goal scorer clearly had skate in the crease

and AFAIR this is still in the rulebook of international hockey. truth being said, there was clear interference from Russian D-man on this play...

Yep. Skrøder (Norway #19) is clearly pushed into the Russia-goalie. Body in crease - skate..barely. He gets on his feet, skates outside instantly - picks up loose puck, scores. I think its horrible..(cant find situation on YouTube yet..)

Not that I think Norway would have won the game..but 2-2 there could have done big things for us ... instead Russia scores on the following attack..

EDIT: Video available here LINK. The situation we are discussing happens around 00:32 into the clip.

Edited by Norwegian Red Wing

Nice to see Pasha get a goal. I wish I could watch the games. Why did they block USA out of seeing the games?

Guest Shoreline

Nice to see Pasha get a goal. I wish I could watch the games. Why did they block USA out of seeing the games?

The IIHF says NBC has the games.

Fri., May 4 | France | Helsinki | 5:15 a.m. | NBC Sports Network (Live)

Sat., May 5 | Canada | Helsinki | 12:00 p.m. | NBC Sports Network (Delay/10:30 p.m. ET)

Mon., May 7 | Slovakia | Helsinki | 1:15 p.m. | NBC Sports Network (Live)

Thurs., May 10 | Belarus | Helsinki | 9:15 a.m. | NBC Sports Network (Live)

Fri., May 11 | Kazakhstan | Helsinki | 9:15 a.m. | NBC Sports Network (Live)

Sun., May 13 | Finland | Helsinki | 9:15 a.m. | NBC Sports Network (Live)

Tues., May 15 | Switzerland | Helsinki | 1:15 p.m. | NBC Sports Network (Live)

Thurs., May 17 | Quarterfinals | Helsinki | TBD | NBC Sports Network (Live)

Sat., May 19 | Semifinals | Helsinki | TBD | NBC Sports Network (TBD)

Sun., May 20 | Bronze-Medal Game | Helsinki | 9:00 a.m. | NBC Sports Network (Live)

Sun., May 20 | Gold-Medal Game | Helsinki | 1:30 p.m. | NBC Sports Network (Delay/9 p.m. ET)

Arenas: Hartwall Arena (Helsinki); Ericsson Globe (Stockholm)

Note: Broadcast schedule subject to change

Of course that's just the USA's games pre-elim, gotta come to Canada if you want extensive coverage, and to hear Dave Randorf's lisp.

Normally Gord Miller would do the WC's and WJC but he's being punished for something and forced to do the latest series (I think Phoenix/Nashville) with Darren Pang.

Edited by Shoreline

Yep. Skrøder (Norway #19) is clearly pushed into the Russia-goalie. Body in crease - skate..barely. He gets on his feet, skates outside instantly - picks up loose puck, scores. I think its horrible..(cant find situation on YouTube yet..)

Not that I think Norway would have won the game..but 2-2 there could have done big things for us ... instead Russia scores on the following attack..

EDIT: Video available here LINK. The situation we are discussing happens around 00:32 into the clip.

the video isn't working anymore. if I understand correctly, it says something about NRK not being holder of appropriate rights or something like that.

anyway, I saw it happen live with multiple replays. should have been an interference called on this one and no goal.

on the side note: I'm watching Switzerland against Belarus right now. turns out to be a solid, hard fought game by two teams that are much better than many think of them.

Swiss seemed to be the favorite to win this one, but Koval in Belarusian net is huge and their forwards aren't slouch either.

and... Finnish cheerleaders absolutely rock, perkele! ;)

Pat, try this link. When games are scheduled the day of, they are usually listed on the site. I've been able to watch some of the Swedish games using it.

Jarnkrok will be centering Swedens second line today against Denmark. If he's good enough to be Swedens second best center (save for playoff performers) he should be able to help the Wings next year. I know he won't be brought over, but a line of Nyquist, Jarnkrok, and Filppula would be one hellish fast and skilled line.

Jeeeesus.... absolutely brutal goal to start US - Slovakia. Howard had no idea where the puck is and let it free for Granak to push into the net. bad turnover and very bad break for Jimmey

I think the only similarity between Hudler and Tatar is their size.The kid looks like a real deal,at least at this tournament :thumbup:

any streams? not at home to watch nbcsc..

how do you get the youtube feed? tried searching it, cant find it. just installed and enables stealth

edit: got it, nm

Edited by Din758

From Sportsnet;

The International Ice Hockey Federation is cracking down on head hits just as sternly as the NHL.

French forward Sacha Treille was suspended five games at the IIHF World Hockey Championship on Monday for a vicious head shot on Roman Starchenko of Kazakhstan -- the harshest penalty given out in the modern era of the tournament.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arh6141seEY