http://www.tsn.ca/nh...30#YourCallTop'>TSN link

discuss...

#2 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

My question is what if Detroit not able to sign Suter or Stuwart.Then what do they do,with Smith they would have only 5 d-men.
- LT

#3 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

My question is what if Detroit not able to sign Suter or Stuwart.Then what do they do,with Smith they would have only 5 d-men.

Kronwall-White
Ericsson-Quincey
Kindl-Smith

bringit.jpg

#4 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

Kronwall-White
Ericsson-Quincey
Kindl-Smith

Holland wouldn't stand pat with that defense. Carle, Wideman, Kuba. Even Allen. One of these players would sign.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#5 Kerjuxaxaxa

Kerjuxaxaxa

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

Poile named the stage of negotiations with Suter "very constructive". That's a bad sign.

#6 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

Poile named the stage of negotiations with Suter "very constructive". That's a bad sign.

Naw, that's what management says when they've heard the players terms and are trying to figure out how to counter with terms of their own. If they were close to signing a deal they'd say so. It's in their best interest for everyone to think that a deal is close to completion, if indeed it is.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#7 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

like their going to say, "that negotiations arent going well and we feel that he'll be heading off elsewhere" !
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#8 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

What do you expect him to say? He'd say that pretty much no matter what.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#9 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

Holland wouldn't stand pat with that defense. Carle, Wideman, Kuba. Even Allen. One of these players would sign.

To succeed with the salary cap you need young players who are bargains against the cap like Ryan McDanagh (another teammate of Smith and Schultz having great success in the NHL,, because he was afforded the opportunity playing over 26 mins a game in the playoffs and over 24 mins a game in reg season), Oliver Ekman-Larrson and Slava Voynov.
People think we need 6 proven vets on D, the final 4 teams in the playoffs didn't. Not only were McDanagh, Larrson and Voynov contributors to their teams' success but those teams also have Peter Harrold, Mark Fayne and Alec Martinez as regulars on their D

Edited by Johnz96, 02 June 2012 - 10:37 AM.

#10 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

To succeed with the salary cap you need young players who are bargains against the cap like Ryan McDanagh (another teammate of Smith and Schultz having great success in the NHL,, because he was afforded the opportunity playing over 26 mins a game in the playoffs and over 24 mins a game in reg season), Oliver Ekman-Larrson and Slava Voynov.
People think we need 6 proven vets on D, the final 4 teams in the playoffs didn't. Not only were McDanagh, Larrson and Voynov contributors to their teams' success but those teams also have Peter Harrold, Mark Fayne and Alec Martinez as regulars on their D

True. But thatís where Smith and Kindl come in. If Holland has between 20 and 26 Million in cap space then he can afford to add a guy like Carle or Allen, no sweat. And Holland likes to build the team from the D out. Knowing Holland, heíll add veterans to the defence. Really, thatís all Iím saying.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#11 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

We need someone with some Hart.
Like this

#12 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

True. But that's where Smith and Kindl come in. If Holland has between 20 and 26 Million in cap space then he can afford to add a guy like Carle or Allen, no sweat. And Holland likes to build the team from the D out. Knowing Holland, he'll add veterans to the defence. Really, that's all I'm saying.

I know I've said this in other threads but I like Carle and Allen as additions to this team. Especially if Suter ends up getting hugely overpaid. I liked them both a lot more when I thought Lidstrom was still coming back, but I think think we can field a real good defense with just those two acquisitions (plus resigning Quincey). Ryan Suter is good and all, but we've now got to replace two defensemen. If I can get Carle and Allen for the same (or less) than I'd pay for Suter, I'd take it in a second.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#13 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

Players I DON'T WANT to see sign in Detroit: \

Jiri Hudler, Kyle Quincey, Ty Conklin...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#14 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

Players I DON'T WANT to see sign in Detroit: \

Jiri Hudler, Kyle Quincey, Ty Conklin...

I think Hudler will price himself out of Detroit's range, and obviously there's no need for Conklin to come back. But I disagree with you about Quincey, especially with Lidstrom leaving. Without re-signing Quincey we've only got 3 quality d-men signed plus unknown quantities in Kindl and Smith. I REALLY don't want to have to replace 3 defensemen in one year. Plus, after a year's worth of training camp and a steady partner Quincey is only likely to improve. Plus plus, letting him walk basically means flushing a first round pick down the toilet.

Admittedly, he didn't play well down the stretch or in the playoffs. But the guy is obviously not hopeless, and provided he returns to his previous form, could be very useful for a team short on defense moving forward.

#15 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

I think Hudler will price himself out of Detroit's range, and obviously there's no need for Conklin to come back. But I disagree with you about Quincey, especially with Lidstrom leaving. Without re-signing Quincey we've only got 3 quality d-men signed plus unknown quantities in Kindl and Smith. I REALLY don't want to have to replace 3 defensemen in one year. Plus, after a year's worth of training camp and a steady partner Quincey is only likely to improve. Plus plus, letting him walk basically means flushing a first round pick down the toilet.

Admittedly, he didn't play well down the stretch or in the playoffs. But the guy is obviously not hopeless, and provided he returns to his previous form, could be very useful for a team short on defense moving forward.

No, not even...Holland HAS to qualify him with a contract since he is a RFA, or he will become a UFA. He made $3.125M last season, and that is all Holland has to offer him to "qualify" him. He will probably not accept that contract and will look elsewhere for more. If he signs a contract offer ANYWHERE ELSE in the salary range of $3,013,435 to $4,520,150, Holland gets compensated with a 1st AND a 3rd round pick if Holland does not match...nothing personal, just business. Especially if Holland lands Suter and maybe picks up another NHL ready #5/#6 defenseman... If they sign Quincey for $4M, then I think that is flushing the first rounder down the toilet. On this team, Quincey is just not worth $4M...IMO. Especially if he is going to be #4/#5/#6 ranked...he is more valuable on another team, especially if Holland lands Suter...You could never TRADE Quincey for a first and a third, but since he is an RFA due to make upwards of $4M, you may as well take the compensation...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#16 Kerjuxaxaxa

Kerjuxaxaxa

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

Are there any teams with weak defence that are desperate enough to sign Quincey sacrificing 1st and 3rd picks?

Edited by Kerjuxaxaxa, 03 June 2012 - 12:58 PM.

#17 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

Are there any teams with weak defence that are desperate enough to sign Quincey sacrificing 1st and 3rd picks?

Detroit. And they don't have to give up picks.

Obviously they'll be trying to make some big offseason moves, but right now without Q the defensive corps is Kronwall, White, Ericsson, Smith, and Kindl. That's pretty scary.

#18 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

He is better than most of the guys on these 2 defenses

Doughty, Greene, Voynov, Mitchell, Scuderi, Martinez, Drewiske
or
Salvador, Zidlicky, Harrold, Fayne, Volchenkov, Greene, Larrson.

Maybe one of those teams would do it

Edited by Johnz96, 03 June 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#19 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:03 PM

This is a line-up based on Kenny overpaying UFAs when it gets nuts on July 1st. Even factoring this in, the Wings are in great shape this summer.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($8.500m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m)
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($1.500m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.250m) / Travis Moen ($2.000m)
Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($8.500m) / Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m)
Ian White ($2.875m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.500m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Josh Harding ($1.500m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,708,712; BONUSES: $37,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $591,288

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#20 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

^^^^ Montreal said they are looking to keep Moen around, obviously as well as Suban and Price. There was an article online about it but I cannot remember where I read it... :blink:

Posted Image