• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#201 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:47 AM

Hudler is testing the waters come July 1st and hopefully will sign with someone else. *fingers crossed* :thumbup:

i hope he signs with a team like the sharks

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#202 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:56 AM

Lol I was being sarcastic about loving huds. But I've heard we might be interested in Jagr if parise plans fail.. No surprise as we were one of 3 teams to offer him last year.

"Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: Jaromir Jagr interested the Red Wings last season, and will likely interest them again this year. They offered him $2.5 million last year before he signed for $3.3 million with the Flyers. The Wings want to add a top 6 forward, and if they canít land Zach Parise, Jagr could be part of their backup plan. The Red Wings would like to re-sign Jiri Hudler, but he may test free agency."

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#203 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

I just don't understand the attitude of some people here.

Hudler had a great season. Are you trying to tell me if he signs for $2.5-$3 million per season, that is a horrible deal? Who else are we going to get that is going to play 3rd line minutes and put up points like that for that salary? I love how people say that they would rather have Semin, but Semin is going to make double what Hudler makes easily.

I guess we should see how things work out. Hudler could probably get $4 million on the open market, which means that if he is only out for money, he can find a great contract. If he wants to stick with the wings, he can take less.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#204 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

I just don't understand the attitude of some people here.

Hudler had a great season. Are you trying to tell me if he signs for $2.5-$3 million per season, that is a horrible deal? Who else are we going to get that is going to play 3rd line minutes and put up points like that for that salary? I love how people say that they would rather have Semin, but Semin is going to make double what Hudler makes easily.

I guess we should see how things work out. Hudler could probably get $4 million on the open market, which means that if he is only out for money, he can find a great contract. If he wants to stick with the wings, he can take less.

at this stage of their careers I would rather have Hudler for the same money but i guess you all know that

#205 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

I guess you never read The Tortoise and the Hare.
Semin is going to be a lot more expensive than Hudler

I'm not talking dollars here... I'm talking about the fact that the person I replied to would rather have Hudler over Semin, or so that seemed to be what they were getting at. So correction: I would take Semin at 6 million over Hudler at 4, any day of the week.

#206 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

Uhh.. I'd take Semin over Hudler any day of the week... Hudler has reached his ceiling for production, Semin can pot 30+ and 60+ points. If you would take Hudler over Semin... please stop talking.

That's not what I was saying. I'm saying Semin is lazy and sucks, so all the people bitching about Hudler will be just as unhappy with Semin. Semin can rack up more points, but at least Hudler tries sometimes.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#207 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:27 AM

I'm not talking dollars here... I'm talking about the fact that the person I replied to would rather have Hudler over Semin, or so that seemed to be what they were getting at. So correction: I would take Semin at 6 million over Hudler at 4, any day of the week.

I would rather have that as well....

But consider this....

Hudler at 3 million instead.

Would you take him?

I don't think Ken Holland would sign Hudler for 4 million, but 3 is a very good possibility.

Semin is a top line player, while Hudler is a 3rd line player. I think people should just stop comparing them because they are different. Its not like Semin is going to drop to line 3 while Hudler is playing top line minutes. Who else can we get on the free agent wire that is going to make 3 million but put up those kinds of points?
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#208 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

We can do way better than Hudler. That said, I wouldn't mind him back, one dimensional or not, he's a 25 goal scorer. He's our secondary scoring and a good secondary scorer at that. If he can be had for a steal at 3 mil or less we should do it.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#209 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:09 PM

Reality check.. Hudler most recently made what? 2.8 million? There isn't a chance in hell he'll play for us at 3 million, so let's just clear that up right now. He'll easily get 4 million with several other teams, and that's why we should just stop talking about him. He's all about the money, and one dimensional.... I'd much rather let Nyquist/Sheahan have his time and see what they can do. I'd also like for us to stop wasting Eaves away on the 4th line, the guy can pot 20 goals if you give him he time and linemates.

#210 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

Reality check.. Hudler most recently made what? 2.8 million? There isn't a chance in hell he'll play for us at 3 million, so let's just clear that up right now. He'll easily get 4 million with several other teams, and that's why we should just stop talking about him. He's all about the money, and one dimensional.... I'd much rather let Nyquist/Sheahan have his time and see what they can do. I'd also like for us to stop wasting Eaves away on the 4th line, the guy can pot 20 goals if you give him he time and linemates.

For Eaves to pot 20 goals he'd need top line minutes and power play time. He won't get both of those with the Wings. I love Eaves, but his rookie year is far behind him. He fits well on the fourth line.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#211 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

As if any other players haven't taken a discount to play for the Wings. :sleepy:

Point is, we don't know what Hudler will and won't do. There is a chance he signs for a modest 3 million dollar raise, or he may go for 4 million on the open market. To say there is no chance of him doing something that many other Wings players have done in the past is really pulling something out of your ass.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#212 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,911 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

As if any other players haven't taken a discount to play for the Wings. :sleepy:

Point is, we don't know what Hudler will and won't do. There is a chance he signs for a modest 3 million dollar raise, or he may go for 4 million on the open market. To say there is no chance of him doing something that many other Wings players have done in the past is really pulling something out of your ass.

a $100,000 raise is VERY modest...lest we forget in 2008 Holland offered him $3.5M and he turned it down and decided to go to arbitration, then he bolted for the KHL for $5M. He won't sign here for anything less than $4.5M and I highly doubt Holland would offer him that. And since Leino is at $4.5M, he will looking for $5M+ around the league...

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.