• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jesusberg

Wings hire Tom Renney as Assistant Coach (3-year contract)

Rate this topic

i think this is good because he has the experience to make the players listen to him, and they haven't been really buying babs lately. i feel as though having two rookie assistants last year made our veterans feel comfy.

Hmmm interesting hire. Only thing I know is that he was not very successful at Edmonton even with all that fire power. Can anyone spell out Renney's strengths and why we should be thrilled about this?

They also had 0 defence and 0 goaltending. so i wouldn't blame him completely. As if Hall, Eberle, Nuge are premier 2 way forwards. Those kids just want to skate forward.

lol on his wikipedia page it says..

"Accepting an assistant coaching position with the Red Wings on July 5, 2012, Renney is expected to be primarily responsible for the penalty kill. He is secretly planning to orchestrate a trade between the Wings and his former club in Edmonton which would send the Red Wings Shawn Horcoff, Ales Hemsky and Ryan Whitney in exchange for Brendan Smith."

hahaha wiki

Detroit Red Wings

Accepting an assistant coaching position with the Red Wings on July 5, 2012, Renney is expected to be primarily responsible for the penalty kill. He is secretly planning to orchestrate a trade between the Wings and his former club in Edmonton which would send the Red Wings Shawn Horcoff, Ales Hemsky and Ryan Whitney in exchange for Brendan Smith.

i think this is good because he has the experience to make the players listen to him, and they haven't been really buying babs lately. i feel as though having two rookie assistants last year made our veterans feel comfy.

They also had 0 defence and 0 goaltending. so i wouldn't blame him completely. As if Hall, Eberle, Nuge are premier 2 way forwards. Those kids just want to skate forward.

How do we know that players listen to him? If Renney can't shape and coach young players in Edmonton to play a certain way, doesn't that mean his players don't listen to him? What exactly is his strength and good points other than the fact that he has experience?

I want to like Renney but everything about his resume leads me to think he isn't very successful, at least not in a head coaching position. Maybe he is a great associate coach?

Edited by RedWingsRox

How do we know that players listen to him? If Renney can't shape and coach young players in Edmonton to play a certain way, doesn't that mean his players don't listen to him? What exactly is his strength and good points other than the fact that he has experience?

I want to like Renney but everything about his resume leads me to think he isn't very successful, at least not in a head coaching position. Maybe he is a great associate coach?

Imo its just experience. Many seasons as a head coach and won silver with team canada on coaching staff. we will wait and see what kenny says. he has more insight.

Have you ever tried to get young punk kids to listen to you while they are playing..specially ones that make millions...hahahaha just saying. hehe

Have you ever tried to get young punk kids to listen to you while they are playing..specially ones that make millions...hahahaha just saying. hehe

yup. Hitch with Blues 2011-12 for example.

or Joey Q with Blackhawks in 2009+

just sayin...

Hmmm interesting hire. Only thing I know is that he was not very successful at Edmonton even with all that fire power. Can anyone spell out Renney's strengths and why we should be thrilled about this?

Edmonton is the poster-child for why it's nearly impossible to win with a team comprised entirely of 20 year olds with a ton of skill. Only the rare talent can perform at a very high level on a consistent basis against NHL-competition before they've even physically matured.